Hollow eyes / dark eye treatments

brill

• Administrators

I really like Kiehls creamy eye treatment. I suffer from chronic insomnia, and I get bags and dark circles under my eyes all the time. 

image.png

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/10/2020 at 2:26 AM, Melvin-Moderator said:

I really like Kiehls creamy eye treatment. I suffer from chronic insomnia, and I get bags and dark circles under my eyes all the time. 

image.png

i have chronic middle night insomnia too bro. I wake up after 4 hrs every night, at the best 5.5hrs. It used to be a lot worse. How are you doing now?

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, MachoVato said:

Blepharoplasty?

That's the surgery for dark circles/bags, yeah. I have genetic bags that started to form about 6-7 years ago and are now way worse to the point where I want to take action against them. I'm 36 but can look 36 in some photos. It's bad. Though based on everything I've read I really don't think there's too much you can do short of a surgery. Then again I came across this article the other day(below). It's left me wondering if derma rolling eye bags would actually work. I'd still consult with a dermatologist first to see if there's anything that could possibly be done before going a surgical route.

https://www.byrdie.com/how-to-get-rid-of-bags-under-eyes

Edited by SD1984

On 3/9/2020 at 9:26 PM, Melvin- Moderator said:

image.png

Do you honestly think this help with legit eye bags though? I can see some of these creams helping with dark circles over time, but eye bags are basically fat deposits.

• 1 month later...

It's a myth that dark shadows are caused by lack of sleep - some people are paler when they're sleep deprived and the contrast can make the shadows more obvious, but not sleeping does not make dark circles appear. They tend to be the result of thin skin under the eyes and/ or weak capillaries which burst, so it can e a genetic thing.

I use a small amount of garnier roll-on concealer ( the one with the caffeine). If you want a better result, combine it with a small amount of highlighter concealer, two of the best are Touche Eclat and Estee Lauder Highlighter concealer but they're pretty expensive.