Who is the best least expensive doctor in USA?

8 minutes ago, TrixGlendevon said:

So around 4 euros then, which is what I said? Also, those are approximate costs in euros as they actually charge you in Swiss francs so the exchange rate may change

Twice the price I paid for my second HT and 74% more than Bruno Ferreira. Hattingen Clinic gets great results (mostly with FUT as its still the technique were they excel) but for FUE I don’t think it’s worth paying 74% more than you would pay to have it done by Dr. Ferreira.

Edited by Portugal25

1 minute ago, Portugal25 said:

Twice the price I paid for my second HT and 74% more than Bruno Ferreira. Hattingen Clinic gets great results but I don’t think it’s worth paying 74% more than you would pay to have it done by Dr. Ferreira.

I am not comparing surgeons, you are doing that as you apparently have a fetish for Portuguese ones. The clinic was mentioned and I corrected the price that was given, that's it. To be honest I have never actually researched FUE results at Hattingen as I was never going to do FUE.

1 hour ago, TrixGlendevon said:

I am not comparing surgeons, you are doing that as you apparently have a fetish for Portuguese ones. The clinic was mentioned and I corrected the price that was given, that's it. To be honest I have never actually researched FUE results at Hattingen as I was never going to do FUE.

@TrixGlendevon that’s what we do here at HRN we analyze and compare results, we also talk about costs and after care. 

Hattingen clinic was a pioneer at FUT and to this day they are still specializing at FUT with results on the same level as H&W and Feriduni but for FUE that are better and more affordable options.

I didn’t have a HT with Dr. Ferreira and I recommend him solely based on the great diagnosis he gave me and the feedback from my friends that due to miniaturized hairs had their surgeries aborted with another Doctor and are now being operated on by Dr. Ferreira that is used to tuff cases. 

I have explained myself as to why I recommend Dr. Ferreira for FUE and kindly ask you to explain why you felt the need to accuse me of having a fetish for Portuguese Doctors when I have ever only recommend 1 doctor from this country and usually suggest him along with other equally great surgeons around the same price point. 

Edited by Portugal25
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TrixGlendevon said:

So flying isn't your thing but you're willing to travel anywhere in the US and even to Mexico?

This is correct as there is a big flying time difference b/w domestic and international flights. As I said I been delaying my hair transplant for the past few years due to my fear of flying but now I am at a point where fear of baldness has overcome fear of flying. Makes sense?

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Baldy1974 said:

This is correct as there is a big flying time difference b/w domestic and international flights. As I said I been delaying my hair transplant for the past few years due to my fear of flying but now I am at a point where fear of baldness has overcome fear of flying. Makes sense?

Ahhh it is a fear of flying and not just a preference. Even so, DC to LA - 6 hours. DC to Mexico City - 5 hours. DC to Vancouver - 7.5 hours. DC to London 7 hours. There is not that much difference in it. I would go for the best surgeon rather than avoiding flying. You have lots of good options in North America, but obviously cost is an issue for you. Maybe wait and save up a bit more? Konior is in Chicago and that is only 2 hours away.

• Administrators

Hattingen charged in swiss francs so it’s less than euros. It’s on par to the American dollar. I would much rather pay an ethical doctor an extra .50 cents per graft, than some of the unethical doctors mentioned. 

Pekiner, wasn’t just banned because he was offering discounts to post here, he did this only because we refused to remove a negative review. He tried to game the system, and has marketed himself well on other forums where his rep work, how’s that not a conflict of interest? 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

Anyways, enough of this soap opera, I’m getting tired of explaining this each time. My advice is to look for surgeons who aren’t only good, but are ethical. Dr. Muresanu mentions that every patient should shave their head first. I really like that, because it shows ethics and putting patients first, not money.

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 3/7/2020 at 10:02 AM, Baldy1974 said:

I agree but when you are on a budget you want to look for the best within your budget and my understanding is Dr Yaman is also a recommended doctor here.

I will contact the doctors you recommended. Thanks 🙏 

If you don't like how you look now you certainly won't like how you look for the rest of your life because you went to some budget doctor. 

Just my two bits, but shopping on price is legit the worst way to approach this. I wish you luck.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

FUT procedure w/ Dr. K (2012)
Second FUT, Dr. K, Nov. 2020 (mini update)
Third procedure, FUE, Dr. K, 03/21, 400 beard to scar (latest update)

• Administrators
1 minute ago, champybaby said:

If you don't like how you look now you certainly won't like how you look for the rest of your life because you went to some budget doctor. 

Just my two bits, but shopping on price is legit the worst way to approach this. I wish you luck.  

💯 facts 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

16 hours ago, Portugal25 said:

Twice the price I paid for my second HT and 74% more than Bruno Ferreira. Hattingen Clinic gets great results (mostly with FUT as its still the technique were they excel) but for FUE I don’t think it’s worth paying 74% more than you would pay to have it done by Dr. Ferreira.

Portugal, why do you not recommend ximena villa? Last I heard she’s 2.5 euros a graft as well and worked with Lorenzo for many years and now has her own clinic.

2 hours ago, LonelyGraft said:

Portugal, why do you not recommend ximena villa? Last I heard she’s 2.5 euros a graft as well and worked with Lorenzo for many years and now has her own clinic.

@LonelyGraft the only reason why I recommend BF more often is because even though Dr. Ximena has great patient results at the Spanish forum she does 2 patients per day so for the same price I think Dr. Ferreira would be a better option because he does only 1 patient per day. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Portugal25 said:

@LonelyGraft the only reason why I recommend BF more often is because even though Dr. Ximena has great patient results at the Spanish forum she does 2 patients per day so for the same price I think Dr. Ferreira would be a better option because he does only 1 patient per day. 

Thanks for the info. What is your opinion on Lorenzo? He does 3-4 per day. Any specific reason why going to a doctor who does more than one patient a day is necessarily bad?

@LonelyGraft I had my second HT with a Doctor that does surgery on only 1 patient per day and having a surgery with the doctor and his staff focused solely on my outcome really made a difference.

Ofcourse what matters is the final results but I felt much more confortable with the Doctor by side the whole time during my 3 days of surgery and very much enjoyed the experience of having a whole clinic for myself. 

Therefore, I tend to reccomend affordable Doctors that do surgery on just 1 patient per day with real patients posting great results.

Edited by Portugal25

• Administrators

Dr. Pradeep Sethi and Dr. Arika Bansal have the highest quality for the lowest price IMO. 

View my thread

53 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Dr. Pradeep Sethi and Dr. Arika Bansal have the highest quality for the lowest price IMO. 

@Baldy1974 I have to agree with Melvin that Dr. Arika at 1.8€/graft with tax is indeed the most affordable option for anyone looking for a highly skilled surgery and a Doctor with consistently great results. 

Edited by Portugal25

On 3/7/2020 at 8:18 PM, Melvin-Moderator said:

If you’re willing to travel, I would add Hattinten Dr. Muresanu to your list, I believe he charges $3 per graft. He’s ethical, which is truly important.

This guy is sorting out my mess from Turkish clinics. He already removed all the doubles and triples inserted by ASMED for free as well as removing grafts placed in wrong direction. You couldn't be more right when stating this clinic are ethical. The location is also fantastic. It's good to see the moderator of this forum recognising the talents of clinics who don't aggressively market themselves.

Because of what you said about how Pekineer was conducting himself, that leaves me with no doubt in my mind that there is only 1 clinic left worth considering in Turkey worth considering. That is HLC. 

Turkey is the cesspit of the hair transplant industry and it is time people were more vocal about it.

Edited by jonnyalex

19 minutes ago, jonnyalex said:

This guy is sorting out my mess from Turkish clinics. He already removed all the doubles and triples inserted by ASMED for free as well as removing grafts placed in wrong direction. You couldn't be more right when stating this clinic are ethical. The location is also fantastic. It's good to see the moderator of this forum recognising the talents of clinics who don't aggressively market themselves.

Because of what you said about how Pekineer was conducting himself, that leaves me with no doubt in my mind that there is only 1 clinic left worth considering in Turkey worth considering. That is HLC. 

Turkey is the cesspit of the hair transplant industry and it is time people were more vocal about it.

I am sorry that you had a bad experience in Turkey but, as an ex-patient of theirs, I am glad Sever and Laura are helping you and they are getting the recognition they deserve on this forum it seems. Is he just correcting Asmed's work or will you have a procedure with them?

I still don't know why people take risks with hair transplants and go to somewhere where it is cheap. I was Turkey in January and the amount of people walking around, quite openly, with hair transplants was amazing. Most of them looked like they are not going to be happy in 6-12 months either. Just save up more money and wait a bit longer to go somewhere else!!!

2 hours ago, TrixGlendevon said:

I am sorry that you had a bad experience in Turkey but, as an ex-patient of theirs, I am glad Sever and Laura are helping you and they are getting the recognition they deserve on this forum it seems. Is he just correcting Asmed's work or will you have a procedure with them?

I still don't know why people take risks with hair transplants and go to somewhere where it is cheap. I was Turkey in January and the amount of people walking around, quite openly, with hair transplants was amazing. Most of them looked like they are not going to be happy in 6-12 months either. Just save up more money and wait a bit longer to go somewhere else!!!

He gave me a free 40 minute video consultation via Skype to discuss the issue then I ended up flying out soon after. I'm going to have a minor procedure with him as the extractions have healed so well. He even stated that maybe I would be happy with just the bad grafts removed, meaning they would not make a penny from me. 

The overall vibe was the guy seemed mostly eager to help me rather than to make as much as they can out of me.

Edited by jonnyalex

13 minutes ago, jonnyalex said:

He gave me a free 40 minute video consultation via Skype to discuss the issue then I ended up flying out soon after. I'm going to have a minor procedure with him as the extractions have healed so well. He even stated that maybe I would be happy with just the bad grafts removed, meaning they would not make a penny from me. 

The overall vibe was the guy seemed mostly eager to help me rather than to make as much as they can out of me.

Yeah I did the video consultation too. Whilst better than pictures, I still don't think anything beats an in person one and flew out there a month before getting mine done just to have him inspect me and see what the hairline would be like.

Also the vibe I get. Will your procedure be FUE or FUT if you do get it done? I have never looked at their FUE results as I have never intended to get an FUE but my FUT was amazing (results on here if you are interested) with them. Will probably go back end of this year for a second one. 

On 3/11/2020 at 2:45 PM, TrixGlendevon said:

Yeah I did the video consultation too. Whilst better than pictures, I still don't think anything beats an in person one and flew out there a month before getting mine done just to have him inspect me and see what the hairline would be like.

Also the vibe I get. Will your procedure be FUE or FUT if you do get it done? I have never looked at their FUE results as I have never intended to get an FUE but my FUT was amazing (results on here if you are interested) with them. Will probably go back end of this year for a second one. 

I think people seem to have this idea that if a HT clinic have been working with FUT for years and not so long with FUE, they are not as good at the latter. This belief is odd to me. FUE is simply an extraction method. One simply yields much more than the other. 

For example, H&W didn't perform FUE for as long as others but they are far superior to nearly anyone else at FUE. It is the same with Hattingen, only they don't aggressivly market themselves. So FUE results should be the same as FUT results if you talking about the same graft count. The key is in the ability and artistry of the surgeon and the tools they use. 

Interestingly, the doctor said I would have been a candidate for a 6500 graft FUT due to my scalp laxicity. Unfortunately I have already has 5500 FUE grafts taken so that is no longer an option. He did say that I could still have a 2500 FUT in the future and that I had 1500 FUE grafts left ( which surprised me ). He said this in regard to future hairloss however and this time I will only have a small FUE using fine hairs to make the hairline I got from ASMED appear more natural.

Here is a recent FUE result they posted. I don't think it gets much better than this. There is no dodgy lighting , ultra favourable hair characteristics or nonsense and that is why I chose them.

I would add to this that anyone considering a HT should cross those who don't use high powered microscopes OFF their list. It is an ESSENTIAL part of hair restoration surgery and no way in HELL should a clinic who doesn't use them EVER be recommeded. I learnt this the hard way. This first part of my surgery was removing all the doubles and triples placed in hairline by ASMED and Dr Keser ( ASMED didn't use microscopes in 2015 during my surgery). ASMED also placed hair facing the polar opposite direction which has to be removed.

Screenshot_20200312-194725_Photos.jpg

Edited by jonnyalex

19 hours ago, transplantedphil said:

Thats phenomenal ... I always feel so happy when i hear of docs in this industry that truly seem to care about what they do, and am also happy they can help you out of your situation. Best of luck!

There are a few of them out there thankfully! It's a toxic industry but I believe there are some good guys left

Edited by jonnyalex

On 3/11/2020 at 11:46 AM, TrixGlendevon said:

I was young and stupid and thought I was being smart with ASMED. They were highly recommended here and I thought I could get a top class hair transplant if I paid slightly more than the Turkish standard price. It simply doesn't work that way.

5 hours ago, jonnyalex said:

I think people seem to have this idea that if a HT clinic have been working with FUT for years and not so long with FUE, they are not as good at the latter. This belief is odd to me. FUE is simply an extraction method. One simply yields much more than the other. 

For example, H&W didn't perform FUE for as long as others but they are far superior to nearly anyone else at FUE. It is the same with Hattingen, only they don't aggressivly market themselves. So FUE results should be the same as FUT results if you talking about the same graft count. The key is in the ability and artistry of the surgeon and the tools they use. 

Interestingly, the doctor said I would have been a candidate for a 6500 graft FUT due to my scalp laxicity. Unfortunately I have already has 5500 FUE grafts taken so that is no longer an option. He did say that I could still have a 2500 FUT in the future and that I had 1500 FUE grafts left ( which surprised me ). He said this in regard to future hairloss however and this time I will only have a small FUE using fine hairs to make the hairline I got from ASMED appear more natural.

Here is a recent FUE result they posted. I don't think it gets much better than this. There is no dodgy lighting , ultra favourable hair characteristics or nonsense and that is why I chose them.

I would add to this that anyone considering a HT should cross those who don't use high powered microscopes OFF their list. It is an ESSENTIAL part of hair restoration surgery and no way in HELL should a clinic who doesn't use them EVER be recommeded. I learnt this the hard way. This first part of my surgery was removing all the doubles and triples placed in hairline by ASMED and Dr Keser ( ASMED didn't use microscopes in 2015 during my surgery). ASMED also placed hair facing the polar opposite direction which has to be removed.

Screenshot_20200312-194725_Photos.jpg

Wait...keser did you wrong too? If so that’s quite eye opening as he’s viewed as one of the best on this site and others for smaller cases

8 hours ago, LonelyGraft said:

Wait...keser did you wrong too? If so that’s quite eye opening as he’s viewed as one of the best on this site and others for smaller cases

Which makes me question most of his results. He doesn't use microscopes and put multiples all over my hairline. I asked his translator,  who was suppose to keep in touch ( he never did ) and he said " I also have multiples in my hairline also , who do I blame ? God ? ". He has never had a hair transplant and thinks that multi hair grafts appear in your frontal like naturally. Need I say more ? 

It was clear to me that he was sick of answering this question from people and it is obviousy a common complaint with them.

Edited by jonnyalex