Who is the best least expensive doctor in USA?

Dear Members,

After a long time of searching I have decided to take the plunge this year. I have narrowed down my research to Dr. Erkan Demirsoy and Dr. Resul Yaman based on their experience, results and obviously the cost. What is your opinion on these doctors?

My problem is flying is not my thing anymore and this is what is stopping me for years to have a hair transplant. I would avoid it if I can find a doctor in USA within my budget? I know it’s not going to be the same as doctors mentioned above but who is the best least expensive doctor? Any suggestions?

Edited by Baldy1974

If you're willing to travel, why  limit yourself to only two?  Why not call them and explain your situation.  Tell them the reason why you want to work with this particular doctor and also discuss the price.  If you make yourself available to them when they have nothing going on, I am certain they'll be grateful and help you with a lower cost. If you were to travel in the continental US, what part of the Country would be most convenient for you?

• Administrators

You should be looking for the best, not the cheapest. That said, check out Dr. Vories and Dr. Gabel.

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I agree but when you are on a budget you want to look for the best within your budget and my understanding is Dr Yaman is also a recommended doctor here.

I will contact the doctors you recommended. Thanks 🙏 

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, Baldy1974 said:

I agree but when you are on a budget you want to look for the best within your budget and my understanding is Dr Yaman is also a recommended doctor here.

I will contact the doctors you recommended. Thanks 🙏 

I thought you meant best in the US, he’s in Turkey.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

I think you’d be in good hands with either bud 👍 they both get plenty of good results and reviews I’m 7 weeks post op with dr demirsoy and I couldn’t be happier but I did also look into going with resul yaman so go with your gut dude 👍

@Baldy1974 out of your 2 options I would chose Demirsoy but I would advise you to spend a bit more and go to either Dr. Bruno Ferreira (2.5€/graft), HLC (2.7€/graft) because they are in whole different league. 
Dr. Arika at Eugenix  (1.8€/graft) is also a much better option. 

Edited by Portugal25

• Administrators

If you’re willing to travel, I would add Hattinten Dr. Muresanu to your list, I believe he charges $3 per graft. He’s ethical, which is truly important.

View my thread

3 hours ago, Baldy1974 said:

Thanks @Bigjab

What made you pick Demirsoy over Yaman?

Better reviews as I’ve seen a few bad ones from yaman although some really good ones too and also the fact that dr demirsoy performs the extractions and incisions and has a team of nurses perform the implanting part of the procedure instead of techs which yaman uses and yamans only involvement in the procedure is the incisions. Hope this helps bud.

• Thanks 1

Have you consulted with Dr Yaman or Dr Demirsoy yet? What were their suggestions? When I was deciding on my procedure, the choice came down to Demirsoy, Yaman, HLC, Pekiner or Cinik so I may be able to help out. I ultimately chose Dr Yaman and am happy with the results so far. 

Out of the five, only Dr Demirsoy refused to proceed with surgery. He mentioned that my donor area was weak and because I was heading for NW 6, he would not proceed with surgery. Also mentioned that if I got 4000 grafts extracted the area would be overharvested. I am about four months post op and I had 4300 grafts done via FUE and there is no sign of overharvesting, plus I can still get another 2000 -3000 grafts. Dr Demirsoy does the surgery himself, but he can be extremely conservative, which isn't a bad thing, but like in my case he underestimated the number of grafts I could get so it might not be the most efficient use of grafts. Dr Yaman estimated my donor capacity at around 6000 grafts and Dr Demirsoy did not think there was enough for 4000 grafts. I think it is important that you have in person consultations to determine your lifetime donor supply and proceed from there. 

4 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

If you’re willing to travel, I would add Hattinten Dr. Muresanu to your list, I believe he charges $3 per graft. He’s ethical, which is truly important.

I highly doubt it’s 3 dollars per graft for fue. They are on the more expensive side from what I’ve heard

1 hour ago, JJ1187 said:

Have you consulted with Dr Yaman or Dr Demirsoy yet? What were their suggestions? When I was deciding on my procedure, the choice came down to Demirsoy, Yaman, HLC, Pekiner or Cinik so I may be able to help out. I ultimately chose Dr Yaman and am happy with the results so far. 

Out of the five, only Dr Demirsoy refused to proceed with surgery. He mentioned that my donor area was weak and because I was heading for NW 6, he would not proceed with surgery. Also mentioned that if I got 4000 grafts extracted the area would be overharvested. I am about four months post op and I had 4300 grafts done via FUE and there is no sign of overharvesting, plus I can still get another 2000 -3000 grafts. Dr Demirsoy does the surgery himself, but he can be extremely conservative, which isn't a bad thing, but like in my case he underestimated the number of grafts I could get so it might not be the most efficient use of grafts. Dr Yaman estimated my donor capacity at around 6000 grafts and Dr Demirsoy did not think there was enough for 4000 grafts. I think it is important that you have in person consultations to determine your lifetime donor supply and proceed from there. 

Yes I am in contact with both right now and you are absolutely right Dr Demirsoy told me my donor area is just ok and he may be able to extract 2500-3500 grafts but not enough to cover all the bald spots and he has refused to proceeds with surgery on my friend because he thinks his donor area is weak. Whereas Dr. Yaman thinks I have good donor area and he can extract 4500 grafts and cover most of the bald area. I have yet to receive his evaluation on my friend though. I am really confused at this time but currently leading towards Dr. Yaman. I will also consult the other doctors mentioned above by others.

59 minutes ago, LonelyGraft said:

I highly doubt it’s 3 dollars per graft for fue. They are on the more expensive side from what I’ve heard

You are right. They have 4.31 euro per graft for FUE on their website. 

6 hours ago, Portugal25 said:

@Baldy1974 out of your 2 options I would chose Demirsoy but I would advise you to spend a bit more and go to either Dr. Bruno Ferreira (2.5€/graft), HLC (2.7€/graft) because they are in whole different league. 
Dr. Arika at Eugenix  (1.8€/graft) is also a much better option. 

@Portugal25 Are you happy with your surgery with Dr. Pekiner? I think you suggested his name but then removed it later but I am not sure. 

4 minutes ago, Baldy1974 said:

@Portugal25 Are you happy with your surgery with Dr. Pekiner? I think you suggested his name but then removed it later but I am not sure. 

IMO Pekiner is one of the best in Turkey with HLC being the best clinic, if you are learning towards Demirsoy go for it, he is one of the most consistent doctors out there.

• Like 1

If you want to take a chance with Turkey best ive come across is Dr Acar at cosmedica under 5k for 5000 grafts.

Most of results on website have mediocre hairlines but i can spot faults but not as bad as all the other Turkish clinics

Thought its reasonable if you want to take a risk. Would advise doc does the incisions.

Personally i wouldn't go near any of the Turkish clinics.

6 hours ago, Baldy1974 said:

Ver happy so far and I agree wit @Abi28. Admin removed his name because sadly he is banned from HRN for giving discounts to use patient blurred photos and requesting the removal of a subpar result.

@Hairgod Cosmedica is a Hairmill and I would never recommend it to anyone.

Yes it's a hairmill just like all the others. Unless the clinic is showing me technicians credentials which they wont do, i class this hairmill the same as all the others. But for price and patient results this one comes out on top.

This is only if you want to take a risk.

@potugal25 you should recommend pekiner after 12 months when you have your final result.

Edited by Hairgod
updated

20 hours ago, Baldy1974 said:

I am in Washington DC and willing to travel to anywhere in USA if cost is within my budget. I am also considering Dr. Nader in Mexico but not sure if it is safe to travel there. 

So flying isn't your thing but you're willing to travel anywhere in the US and even to Mexico?

15 hours ago, Baldy1974 said:

Thanks @Portugal25 and @Melvin-Moderator I will definitely consult with these doctors.

If you are looking at Hattingen Hair, as Melvin has recommended, I have created a post with my results from there. Prices are on the website and very transparent. Happy for you to inbox me if you have any questions too.

10 hours ago, LonelyGraft said:

Prices are on the site. I think it is about 3 euros a graft for FUT and 4 euros for FUE (from memory) which isn't massively expensive given how good they are

2 minutes ago, TrixGlendevon said:

Prices are on the site. I think it is about 3 euros a graft for FUT and 4 euros for FUE (from memory) which isn't massively expensive given how good they are

It’s 4.31/graft for FUE:

http://www.hattingenhair.com/en/hair-transplant-prices/prices/

Edited by Portugal25