Growth and Maturity projections between 5 and 6 months

I'm sure some of the loyal posters/followers are sick of reading the answer to this question - but I'm just shy of 5.5 months out of my Transplant with Dr. Jerry Wong in Vancouver, and am curious as to what % of maturity, and sprouting - on average - does one expect by the 6 month mark? Would it be assumed that most of the grafts in the Frontal Zone have sprouted as the crown typically takes longer to grow? Are we at 50% maturity by the 6 month mark?

Thanks for your time and commitment to this forum.

Cheers.

It will depend....Did you do PRP at the time of the procedure?  PRP can not only help reverse miniaturization, it can bring in results sooner.  I've seen it.  If no PRP, wait patiently.

Typically it takes 3-4 months for the hair to start coming in.  It is vellus-like and, with time, it starts maturing.  It is likely you'll see a difference in 6 months but truly, I've seen patients say "Wow, I can actually tell a difference!" a year later.  Some can take up to 18 months!  Now, add the fact, if you've lost, you'll continue losing.  So, if you are not doing any type of medical therapy....and continue losing native hair...You will then question the entire result.  "Nothing grew." How can you tell? Scope.

Scope and take photos.  Scopes are relatively inexpensive.  Grafts are placed in a random pattern based on the doctor's training and experience.  They'll be placed at a certain distance from each other.  You can tell the difference by the quality of the hair.  Remember, the grafts came from the area where the best hair is located.  Everything else will have a different caliber hair.  Do this for a few months.  Eventually you'll notice the native hair miniaturizing and withering away.  The more robust hair will remain.  And by they you're in trouble.  Once gone, the hair does not return.  My suggestion? Get on meds if you're not ready on them and go through the exercise.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, LaserCap said:

It will depend....Did you do PRP at the time of the procedure?  PRP can not only help reverse miniaturization, it can bring in results sooner.  I've seen it.  If no PRP, wait patiently.

Typically it takes 3-4 months for the hair to start coming in.  It is vellus-like and, with time, it starts maturing.  It is likely you'll see a difference in 6 months but truly, I've seen patients say "Wow, I can actually tell a difference!" a year later.  Some can take up to 18 months!  Now, add the fact, if you've lost, you'll continue losing.  So, if you are not doing any type of medical therapy....and continue losing native hair...You will then question the entire result.  "Nothing grew." How can you tell? Scope.

Scope and take photos.  Scopes are relatively inexpensive.  Grafts are placed in a random pattern based on the doctor's training and experience.  They'll be placed at a certain distance from each other.  You can tell the difference by the quality of the hair.  Remember, the grafts came from the area where the best hair is located.  Everything else will have a different caliber hair.  Do this for a few months.  Eventually you'll notice the native hair miniaturizing and withering away.  The more robust hair will remain.  And by they you're in trouble.  Once gone, the hair does not return.  My suggestion? Get on meds if you're not ready on them and go through the exercise.

I have had my session of PRP but honestly I didn't feel that it did any benefit. Results are not swift and native hair do keep on falling.

13 hours ago, transplantedphil said:

Why are the images in the thread not viewable to me?