Alternative To Toppik?

Just tried the stuff. Yes, it covers. But it also is nasssssty.

1. By the end of the day my fingernails are near black from just regular hair touching.

2. I have to use a bunch of the stuff to get any results (I'm only a Norwood 1.5 in the temples and 3 in the vertex.) At $38 a bottle, not ideal.

3. Clean up. Oh my God. My sink area looks like an oil spill area when I run water around it to clean up.

Are there any products people recommend as an alternative? I don't mean another keratin powder that'll basically do the same thing, I mean some entirely different style of product that perhaps works differently to thicken.

Thanks all!

Edited by BigBrother

You can get cheaper toppik off amazon or ebay much cheaper then the $38 it costs in most stores.

an easier way to apply toppik for minimal wastage is to get the spray pump applicator.

yes, it leaves a mess at the sink and in your nose.  That stuff is terrible when you accidentally breathe it in.  

other products you can try-

Nanogen

Couvre

Dermatch

and etc

issue is that these cost money and it adds up.   

• Administrators

I have been combining dermmatch and toppik in combination. I find that combining both is better than using just one.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 2 months later...

Old topic I know, but I've had good luck using Dermmatch in my thinning crown area. I actually rub the disc directly on the crown area and brush through it gently, and it seems to work great for me (lean over the sink if you try using it this way, as the dry powder can go everywhere just like it does for fibers). This method might not work for everyone, but fortunately I have enough hair left in the crown to pull it off.

• 3 months later...
On 3/5/2020 at 4:36 PM, BigBrother said:

Just tried the stuff. Yes, it covers. But it also is nasssssty.

1. By the end of the day my fingernails are near black from just regular hair touching.

2. I have to use a bunch of the stuff to get any results (I'm only a Norwood 1.5 in the temples and 3 in the vertex.) At $38 a bottle, not ideal.

3. Clean up. Oh my God. My sink area looks like an oil spill area when I run water around it to clean up.

Are there any products people recommend as an alternative? I don't mean another keratin powder that'll basically do the same thing, I mean some entirely different style of product that perhaps works differently to thicken.

Thanks all!

ive been hearing a lot about a product on tintbrand.com. might have to try it. it says waterproof as well.