Who here doesn't take either Rogaine or Fin or any kind of medication post HT?

I stopped taking Fin months after my HT due to sides. And now I'm seriously considering skipping Rogaine all-together. I already only take it once a day instead of two. It leaves my hair super-plumb and greasy.

Has anyone stopped taking these post-HT and noticed any negative effects?

I stopped Finasteride 1 month after my procedure, and had not used Minoxidil at least a year prior to my procedure and only recently started using it again about 9 months now, and ht hair grew fine although if you have lots of native hairs to maintain in the recipient area then you may need to maintain some kind of support routine.

I don't take meds but to be honest don't need them. I found minoxidil useless apart from irritating the shit out of my scalp.   Also the hair i lost i lost and replaced with transplants and i don't have miniturisation in the rest of my hair and have high lateral sides with thick robust hair and I'm 40.   Everyones situation is different though so no Yes or No answer.

Edited by BaldingBogger

• 2 weeks later...

I stopped minoxidil about 2 weeks before my HT (mid january 2020) and never came back on it. Still taking Finasteride 1mg/day.

Difficult to say if I lost ground because of minoxidil as my head was shaved, but so far I'm happy with what I've got.

1st FUE28/01/2020 - 3659 grafts - Dr. Bruno Ferreira
2nd FUE - 03/06/2021 - 2881 grafts - Dr. Bruno Ferreira

Follow me on YouTube

I'm not a medical professional, thus any information given by me is my own observation and should not be treated as professional advice.

I stopped finasteride a few years ago after using it for over ten years. I didn't experience noticeable loss afterwards, but then it didn't really benefit me while I was on it. It possibly slowed my loss somewhat but who knows? I've seen enough good results from finasteride though to conclude I was just one of the unlucky ones.

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

• Moderators

I took finisteride for about 11 years, but stopped taking it about 11 years ago because it was no longer working for me as my hair started falling out again anyway.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.