before and after crown pics, 2,5 years treatment

duchaine

first pic: 39,6 years old
second pic: 42 years old

Treatment: finasteride (I was taking fina before anyway)
topical minoxidil 5/6 ml at 5% once daily
about 20 prp sessions (1 month during the first year and then one session every other month)
dermorolling + cataro oil: 1 session 1,5 mm DR every week for the first 6 months. I quitted for some time. Lately, I've having 1 session per week

During the last 2 months I added
oral minoxidil (at the moment I'm using 3,75/daily)
annurkap  (apple prostaciadine)
saw palmetto + vitamins (I bought this supplement at HLC in Ankara)

I can say that during the last 2 months I saw a greater density/thickness and, at 50 days from my HT (hairline only), I didn't lose all the transplanted hair (I think that about 20% are growing).
For the record, my training partner 2 days ago said "what is happened to your hair? They are thicker and I can't see any white spot! only 1 month ago I could see your scalp..."

PS I choose the harshest lighting possibile to show my hair. NO CHEATING

FC998EBB-AC3D-4B4D-8070-C404BF435F1F.png.19894887de64e4c02b1015d999928892.png

667A8F1A-07D4-4005-98AE-34EE966D8F9E.png.f687b7e60c1deafb890a0d01b8802a02.png

51992BEB-E29A-439A-928A-309395DFE61C.png.5368fd057c48d5152527af74a41b32aa.png

Edited by duchaine

Looks better a lot. Seems many of the crown hairs have reversed their miniaturization process and are getting thicker. Maybe its due to oral minoxidil? Maybe it suits you better than topical, better absorption. Also heard good things about saw palmetto too.

• Like 1

Amazing regrowth on the crown. Congrats! Can I ask you:

How long have you been taking finasteride in total?

Are you literally using .83 ml (i.e. 5/6) topical mixox daily; or do you mean 5 to 6 ml daily? Why this amount, when the recommended dose is 2 ml daily?

Where did you get your HT? I saw your thread re abortive surgery at Pekiner...

47 minutes ago, 83mjs said:

Amazing regrowth on the crown. Congrats! Can I ask you:

How long have you been taking finasteride in total?

Are you literally using .83 ml (i.e. 5/6) topical mixox daily; or do you mean 5 to 6 ml daily? Why this amount, when the recommended dose is 2 ml daily?

Where did you get your HT? I saw your thread re abortive surgery at Pekiner...

5 to 6.
According to research, 15% works a lot better than 5%. because I can't find 15% minoxidil in Italy, I use more 5% (I'm lucky because I do not have any problem with glycol and alcol).
For example, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28078868

I've been taking fina since 1999. I wasn't very disciplined in the past but I never interrupted medication. During the last years, I have not skipped a single day.

I'm going to open 2 reports, one where I tell my experience at pekiner's clinic and the other where I'll describe my HT experience and I'll reveal the clinic name! (I'm just a little scarmanthic lol)

Edited by duchaine

1 hour ago, Lohvisa said:

Looks better a lot. Seems many of the crown hairs have reversed their miniaturization process and are getting thicker. Maybe its due to oral minoxidil? Maybe it suits you better than topical, better absorption. Also heard good things about saw palmetto too.

I reduced the bald spot diameter using topical/DR/PRP.
Since I've been using oral, all my scalp hairs are ticker for sure!

• Administrators

Incredible 🙌🏼

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Wow. The progress in your crown is fascinating. So glad the treatment is working for you. 

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56