Good surgeons who specialize in Body and Beard hair grafts to scalp

In thinking through my long term plan I am trying to understand to what extent body hair and beard hairs can help me on a second or third surgery (still contemplating my first one and am hoping to pull the trigger soon).

I am gathering that it's best to mix extracted body and beard hairs in with real scalp hairs so that it looks natural together, and that beard and body hairs should go into midscalp and crown, not on the hairline.

As I'm sure the techniques for dealing with beard and body hair is slightly different to regular scalp FUE, I'm curious about which clinics have good reputations for this kind of specialized work. I live in Canada, but as I'm less concerned with the "artistry" side of the work for these gratfs, I'd consider Turkey, India etc. clinics especially if they work with beard and body hair more than North America clinics do (is this a thing?).

Thanks for inputs and advice on this.

Typically the body hair has to be dispersed I've head so that it is not clumped together and looks odd. Reasons due to the characteristics being different to normal scalp hair. Many say that only half of it will survive once transplanted, I could be wrong there !

Beard hair is an extremely reliable source of donor hair.

Hair transplanted from other body parts can be somewhat less reliable. If considering a larger session from other body areas such as the chest, many physicians may recommend a test case to begin with to see how you respond.

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

11 hours ago, Raphael84 said:

Beard hair is an extremely reliable source of donor hair.

Hair transplanted from other body parts can be somewhat less reliable. 

Thanks for response Raphael84. Beard hair to the scalp is certainly a good option. Again with the thick chacteristics this may have to be dispersed to look correct. 

Beard Hair is perfect for scars. My scar got covered so well with Beard Hair. Its also good for Mid scalp and sometimes crown but need to be blended. But remember if you decided to shave your head forever it might be spotted by many and will see different coarse of hair. No matter what remember IMO beard hair cannot be used alone, they should be blended with scalp hair too look natural thus should never be used in hairlines.

However when it comes to scar I believe they are the best.  Dr. Cinik covered my scar pretty well with beard hair under my chin. I did not really care as I am they clean shaved type guy.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

@Mark Wolfer in my opinion the best for beard grafts are HLC (2.7€/graft) and Dr. Pekiner (2.25€/graft) with Dr. Arika (1.8€/graft) coming in as a close second. 

@HARIRI is right when saying that beard grafts should be blended with scalp grafts and not be used to the hairline or front. 

If your beard has a different shade than your hair or is curly then you might not be a candidate for beard grafts. 

If you have miniaturized hairs you shouldn’t go to Pekiner because he tends to abort surgeries if he finds miniaturized hairs as he believes he will not achieve the results the patient is expecting. 

Wish you all the best!

• Administrators

@Dr. Sanusi Umar @Eugenix Hair Science and @BHRClinic are all great options to check out for BHT. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Honestly, from experiences, Nape, beard, chest hair should not be used in hairline or near native or transplanted hairs.  It looks completely unnatural for the most part and is detrimental to a proper quality appearance.  Theres very low to if any yield for the amount of grafts ratio to coverage.   It may even shock previous hairs.  If need to, maybe beard can be used in crown but it may cause perm shockloss as well and make area look worse.  Aside from that, if you use finasteride then do not even think about using other hairs for scalp other then scalp hair.  Finasteride is detrimental to these other hairs.  In any case, you can see whats on my scalp.  If your nearby, i can show you in person.  Be safe stay safe.  Best of luck.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

What are people’s thoughts on HLC Ankara and Eugenix for this kind of procedure? At HLC, it seems a bit unclear on which surgeon you will get for the day of your surgery vs Eugenix where its Dr Arifa + the tech team. Apologies if this was already answered on another thread, but curious to know how the two clinics compare if you’re using scalp + beard hair. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

Hope everyone is feeling safe and sound. Just wanted to bump on this thread for the prior question.

For someone with limited donor, are top recommended clinics Eugenix and HLC to use bears grafts? Is one recommended over the other? Thank you. 

@elvispoem I would place HLC first because they do stick&place and they have been doing beard mega sessions for quite some time.
Eugenix is also a safe bet. 

Hi Mark,

Check out the video in my thread below

Hopefully it'll help you get  a better understanding of beard grafts.

Feel free to whatsapp/email me direct if you have any further questions.

PS.  Once grafts are extracted from any region, they do not grow back, everybody has a finite amount of grafts which is why it's important to make them all count.

Edited by Shera