Good candidate for a hair transplant?

Lots of diffusion with a low crown, which makes your donor area poor. Maybe DUPA? If so, you're not a candidate for a hair transplant. You should do an in-person consultation and have the doctor check for miniaturization.

Not great I'm afraid, especially without being able to tolerate Fin.

On the plus side you have a good shaped head for a buzz.

Maybe look at hair systems or SMP.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

@Gettingmyhairback5 I agree with @MachoVato opinion that you might have DUPA or miniaturized hair. 
Dr. Lorenzo treats patients with DUPA but one of the requirements is that you be you need to be on finasteride 6-12 months before surgery. So if that’s not a option for you then you will probably not have good scalp donor area.
If you can’t afford Lorenzo’s price of 5€/graft then go his medical assistant Dr. Bruno Ferreira that charges 2.5€/graft at his own clinic in Porto.

You could talk with HLC (2.7€/graft) and Eugenix (1.8€/graft with tax) because they both have experience with beard grafts and could probably take 2000 grafts from you beard (if it’s not curly) and chest to rebuild your crown and midscalp but you wouldn’t be able to rebuild the hairline or front because that area requires scalp grafts. 

Wish you all the best!

Edited by Portugal25

2 hours ago, MachoVato said:

Lots of diffusion with a low crown, which makes your donor area poor. Maybe DUPA? If so, you're not a candidate for a hair transplant. You should do an in-person consultation and have the doctor check for miniaturization.

Doesn’t matter now does it? Look at Eugenix. 

17 hours ago, MachoVato said:

I am going today to see what a doctor has to say! Wish me luck

17 hours ago, 1978matt said:

Not great I'm afraid, especially without being able to tolerate Fin.

On the plus side you have a good shaped head for a buzz.

Maybe look at hair systems or SMP.

I tried buzzing it off and I can’t stand how I look... going for a consultation with a hair transplant doctor today to see what he says

16 hours ago, Portugal25 said:

@Gettingmyhairback5 I agree with @MachoVato opinion that you might have DUPA or miniaturized hair. 
Dr. Lorenzo treats patients with DUPA but one of the requirements is that you be you need to be on finasteride 6-12 months before surgery. So if that’s not a option for you then you will probably not have good scalp donor area.
If you can’t afford Lorenzo’s price of 5€/graft then go his medical assistant Dr. Bruno Ferreira that charges 2.5€/graft at his own clinic in Porto.

You could talk with HLC (2.7€/graft) and Eugenix (1.8€/graft with tax) because they both have experience with beard grafts and could probably take 2000 grafts from you beard (if it’s not curly) and chest to rebuild your crown and midscalp but you wouldn’t be able to rebuild the hairline or front because that area requires scalp grafts. 

Wish you all the best!

Thanks for the reply. I don’t mind trying propecia again maybe I was overthinking about it. Or taking it for a few months to get the operation and then stopping it. Bur if I stop it later would I lose what I gained ? And then the transplanted hair would fall? 

13 hours ago, Silent1234 said:

Without taking meds this will be a losing battle and you'll likely need multiple surgeries. Have you tried a lesser dosage of Fin?

No I haven’t! I want to give it another try and see maybe I was just overthinking while on propecia. I read and did my research before getting on it and I was “scared” of getting the negative side effects. 

Solid advice from everyone. Medical therapy for 1 year and reassess.  Do all you can.  You still have a lot of native hair. If you can retain and enhance, the transplant option may open to you in the future.  (Propecia, Rogaine, Laser and PRP).  If you are experiencing side effects, do it every other day or cut down on the dose.  Take photos and keep a record. 

5 hours ago, Gettingmyhairback5 said:

No I haven’t! I want to give it another try and see maybe I was just overthinking while on propecia. I read and did my research before getting on it and I was “scared” of getting the negative side effects. 

Try a Mon - Wed - Fri cycle with the 1mg tablet. I still think a lot of the sides can be psychosomatic. Reading and then telling yourself you're going to experience them could mean that you do. If you are fit and healthy otherwise, taking only 3mg per week you should be OK. A lot of men take 5mg daily for their prostate!