FUT session with Dr. Diep 3500-4000 grafts

Cahustler

Well folks I finally took the plunge after

Holding off for about 25 years . 
A little background about myself, I’ve first notice thinning around my mid 20’s . I’m almost 50 now. I remember having a blind date and all she thought was the younger me without the hair loss. When she met me , She asked where all my hair went... awkward situation but she ended sticking with my for a year nonetheless. Later on I started finasteride and was able to keep the hair that I had dated more women and got married . When I got married I stayed off finasteride due to side effects . After the divorce in 2016...I knew I had to do something with my hair so I went back on finasteride and got good results except the crown and mid scalp .. then I met a gal in 2019 and I knew I had to give up finasteride if I was going to have a sexual relationship. But within half a year after giving it up I notice tremendous hair loss again. All my after the hair loss I stopped taking pictures except a few with my kids . That’s how much it was affecting my life 

here is what I ended up looking like After giving up finasteride 

7D7E45CA-2D47-420F-9853-5FD0A2C23AA4.jpeg

01EA92D6-C67F-4657-AC8D-BF591990C5BC.jpeg

1C0CB368-C018-4E43-8C9B-F8E16D3F3D23.png

70EF7822-E92D-4A43-AE53-1473486F8757.png

B2954289-D097-4402-9DF0-891B92C8093F.png

By the way way Melvin, should I move this to the experience thread or keep it here? 
feel free to move it for me if there is where it should be. Here is a pic prior to giving up finasteride . I was able to live with this .

also what is an i app I can use to clue out my face so I can post some post op pics.

my daughter did the prior ones for my and I had no idea how she did it

BDE45087-731F-454D-9053-A4CA65FCC1A1.png

Here are the post op pics the techs took for me. I’ll be back to give more details about the procedure if you guys are interested . In the meantime I would like to hear from the experience folks here regarding this FUT work.. would especially like to hear from FUT folks . 

dr Diep mentioned I may need another surgery to get more density in the crown But honestly if there are some coverage at the crown given my age I’d say I’m good.

hello yes that was the impression I got 

but boy do I look ugly with hair in the middle lol... I will go in momentarily for a hits and then take a trip back home . It’s a 2+ hour drive so not too bad. 
the next few days is to do my best and not hurt the grafts . When I leave the house I grab the surgeon hat and a hoodie over my head but I don’t plan on meeting anyone anytime soon

• Administrators

Looks great, very similar to @Skyb I think you’re in for a great result. Be careful bot to do anything that could stretch the scar. As explained via PM, for strip, the doctor removes the strip and sutures it closed, and the techs dissect them into grafts and place them in the incisions that the doctor makes. 

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Congrats cahustler, work looks good!!

i think your going to be amazed with this result to be honest. It’s going to change your look for the good.

goodluck and keep us posted! 

Congrats my man! I already know you’re in for a great result! The first 3 months suck but it’s all smooth sailing after that. Like Melvin states be careful lifting heavy things you don’t want to stretch the strip 

Thank you guys.. all of you were and are my encouragement for this. Thank you so much for the support, it really means a lot. I wish I can just fast forward 4 months from now lol. I’ll have a write up later when I’m not in pain. Total grafts pulled was 

3712. I told Diep I want to look like sky lol but probably not with only 3712 extracted .

i was a bit disappointed when i heard the number , I was hoping to get at least 4500.

he mentioned I while I had good follicles , it’s just not a lot. He said my donor wasn’t as dense as some. I guess that is the reason he couldn’t get more? 

I asked Allison the office manager to get me a section by section where grafts were inserted, is that a good question to ask? Diep said if I need more density on the crown I can do another. I really don’t want another if I don’t have to, as long as I get coverage in the crown I think I’m good at my age . Who knows though maybe 1 year from now I might be opened to a FUE?

i am pretty sure I’m done with FUT.

interestingly when I went in for a wash today I met a gentleman that just had a FUE done Monday and damn he looked really really good. He said after the first shot of numbing he was out and felt nothing. 

• Like 1

• Administrators

3,700 grafts is a good amount, granted it’s not 5,300 like skyb, but that man is a freak of nature, 3,700 is good for us mere mortals. With how your hairline is gonna look, you’ll be awesome for a guy in his late 40s. You’re already ahead of the curve 👍🏼

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

On another note, I kinda do not want to drive 2 hours to get my sutures remove and have to wait till the doctor is finished with his surgery. Do y’all suggest I get it removed from a local doctor or urgent care? Or should I go ahead and make the drive and have Diep evaluate the post 3 weeks op?

• Administrators
12 hours ago, Cahustler said:

On another note, I kinda do not want to drive 2 hours to get my sutures remove and have to wait till the doctor is finished with his surgery. Do y’all suggest I get it removed from a local doctor or urgent care? Or should I go ahead and make the drive and have Diep evaluate the post 3 weeks op?

It depends, do you think your family doctor would do it for you? 

View my thread

Andy I think the sutures are self dissolving. I remember going in the day after and had one of the techs was my hair. Honestly that was a wasted trip. I live in SF so it took 1.5 hrs to get there. Even my 2 week fallow up was kinda pointless. I think your good bro.  

Fuck Genetics and Fuck DHT! You want your hair back Dr Diep will rebuild you. We have the technology. He will rebuild you Thicker, Longer and more Dense. It’s time to stop wasting money on material items like cars and house. Gentlemen it’s time we take our youth back that was stolen from us. The stock market has crashed take your funds out while you can and get a hair transplant. They can take our guns and our money but they will not take our DHT resistant hair!!!  Life is to short Gents.. this will be the best money ever spent. 

• Like 2

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Skyb said:

Fuck Genetics and Fuck DHT! You want your hair back Dr Diep will rebuild you. We have the technology. He will rebuild you Thicker, Longer and more Dense. It’s time to stop wasting money on material items like cars and house. Gentlemen it’s time we take our youth back that was stolen from us. The stock market has crashed take your funds out while you can and get a hair transplant. They can take our guns and our money but they will not take our DHT resistant hair!!!  Life is to short Gents.. this will be the best money ever spent. 

Guys, 

Literally risk their lives going to Turkey, while turning around and spending 50k on a car that will literally be half the value as soon as it’s driven off the lot. Makes no sense.

• Like 1

View my thread