Jump to content

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, Cjf212 said:

Yea the check up assistant said it was fine but who knows maybe I'll wait a couple months . I may still get one to use for my crown area in the mean time. From what I see the 0.25mm is the most popular for weekly use 

0.25mm is fine, even 0.5mm is fine, grafts are places between 3-5mm deep so unless to go rough and tear up your scalp you’re unlikely to harm the grafts even now with 0.25/0.5mm.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

Another question in regards to anyone using rogain, I've been using the 2% once a day for almost a year and a half now. Has anyone tried 2 and the 5 percent that found any difference ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Cjf212 said:

Another question in regards to anyone using rogain, I've been using the 2% once a day for almost a year and a half now. Has anyone tried 2 and the 5 percent that found any difference ?

According to research, the higher % of minoxidil you use, the better are the results.
According to research, oral minoxidil works great.

Here my story:
I used 5% minoxidil, 1ml, 2 times daily and I had some results
I started to use 5% 2 ml, 1 time per day and nothing changed.
I started to use 5%, 5-6 ml, 1 time per day and had very good results.
I added 2,5 of oral minoxidil to topical minoxidil and the results are AMAZING!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, duchaine said:

According to research, the higher % of minoxidil you use, the better are the results.
According to research, oral minoxidil works great.

Here my story:
I used 5% minoxidil, 1ml, 2 times daily and I had some results
I started to use 5% 2 ml, 1 time per day and nothing changed.
I started to use 5%, 5-6 ml, 1 time per day and had very good results.
I added 2,5 of oral minoxidil to topical minoxidil and the results are AMAZING!

How were the side effects ? That sounds like alot tbh. I didnt even know there was oral minoxidil I'll have to research it alittle. Does is work just as good / any side effects ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Cjf212 said:

How were the side effects ? That sounds like alot tbh. I didnt even know there was oral minoxidil I'll have to research it alittle. Does is work just as good / any side effects ?

no sides at all. 
But, during the last 2 weeks, I'm suffering "puffy eyes". I don't know if it is because oral minoxidil or because I'm sleeping too much  during quarantine or just because I'm getting old :D
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/26/2020 at 6:22 PM, Melvin-Moderator said:

I do microneedling, so does @CosmoKramer and @duchaine I think you should be okay to microneedle at 4 months, but consult with your surgeon first.

I looked for a research: NOTHING
I asked to several doctors: 
one doctor  said 10 days,
other doctors said: 6 months
another doctor (she worked with dr C and pays a lot of attention to regenerative treatments) said 8 months.
Anyway, considering that hair follicle length is something between 3 and 5 mm, I think that 1,5 mm DR shouldn't be harmful.

Scalp massage (does it sound strange, uh?!*), in any case, can be a good alternative.

*kevin mann made a great video in scalp massage 3 days ago

Edited by duchaine
Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, duchaine said:

no sides at all. 
But, during the last 2 weeks, I'm suffering "puffy eyes". I don't know if it is because oral minoxidil or because I'm sleeping too much  during quarantine or just because I'm getting old :D
 

Oral minoxidil works, till it fucks up your heart. Buy a blood pressure watch if you can and monitor/correlate symptoms. Be careful.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bismarck said:

Oral minoxidil works, till it fucks up your heart. Buy a blood pressure watch if you can and monitor/correlate symptoms. Be careful.

Thanks Bismarck for you recommendation.
I check my BP and HR daily and they are perfect.
I pay attention to my words because I know that they can help or hurt someone else. So, when I wrote "no sides at all", I meant  "no sides at all".
In any case, the small for hair growth is so low (typically is 1,25/5 mg) that is harmless.
All the researches show no sides at all on heart and blood pressure..

@Melvin-Moderator
my post on dermorolling is "hidden". why?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrators

We don’t allow mention of that particular surgeon, that’s why it was flagged.

I do not provide medical advice, recommendations, all responses are my opinion.

My Hair Transplant Journey

Melvin- Associate Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @thehairtransplantnetwork FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, duchaine said:

I looked for a research: NOTHING
I asked to several doctors: 
one doctor  said 10 days,
other doctors said: 6 months
another doctor (she worked with dr C and pays a lot of attention to regenerative treatments) said 8 months.
Anyway, considering that hair follicle length is something between 3 and 5 mm, I think that 1,5 mm DR shouldn't be harmful.

Scalp massage (does it sound strange, uh?!*), in any case, can be a good alternative.

*kevin mann made a great video in scalp massage 3 days ago

Recently my dr pen stopped working after a year...and decided to try scalp massages so I recently purchased an electric scalp massager and using it daily, been a week now, I noticed some slight shedding of weak native hairs..but scalp turns pinkish for a few hours after and seems to be a positive sign of better blood flow. I’m going to continue this in combination with my oil mix for a couple months and see how it compares to my previous microneedling progress, but so far so good.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, CosmoKramer said:

Recently my dr pen stopped working after a year...and decided to try scalp massages so I recently purchased an electric scalp massager and using it daily, been a week now, I noticed some slight shedding of weak native hairs..but scalp turns pinkish for a few hours after and seems to be a positive sign of better blood flow. I’m going to continue this in combination with my oil mix for a couple months and see how it compares to my previous microneedling progress, but so far so good.

I read 3 papers on scalp massage.
It can't be used as a single treatment but if a person has time and patience...can add massages to his treatment.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, duchaine said:

I read 3 papers on scalp massage.
It can't be used as a single treatment but if a person has time and patience...can add massages to his treatment.

Yeah, there is some anecdotal info of it being beneficial, and since I’m not microneedling at the moment, it’s a good way to test progress as daily scalp massages are not as rough on the scalp for healing, I use it nightly for about 20-30 minutes all over my scalp with post shower damp hair or a few time a week with my oil mix of peppermint & costor which makes the scalp massager easier to flow on the scalp without damaging hairs.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually I had just bought a scalp shampoo messager last week. Started using it while I wash my hair now. 

 

Heres a few updated pics basically straight out of the shower and pulled back . Not how I style my hair btw just did it so you can see as different view. And I think I'm now at 4 months and about 3 weeks. 

20200416_165042.jpg

20200416_164920.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

And some more pics different lighting , probably not the best quality but this is more of how my hair is styled at the moment. I can start seeing a nice different now a week out from the 5 month mark. I still havent been able to get a haircut since my barbers been closed due to covid so I guess I'll be growing it out for now. Now that I can see the progress starting to show alot more I want a second ht lol if I could I would ask to drop it slightly like 1/2 inch and some temple fill in. But who knows what the future holds and if my surgeon would even do that for me. 

20200418_153246.jpg

20200418_153237.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

Been noticing quite abit of hair fall in the shower on my scalp "messager" brush. Is this normal? I use it about 2 times a week when I shampoo. Could it be normal hair shed and I just notice it alot more since I only wash twice a week. I also wear a hardhat at work but not sure if that could lead to more hair shed. I wear a silk bandana under the hat aswell to protect from friction of the hat itself 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/13/2020 at 12:26 AM, CosmoKramer said:

Recently my dr pen stopped working after a year...and decided to try scalp massages so I recently purchased an electric scalp massager and using it daily, been a week now, I noticed some slight shedding of weak native hairs..but scalp turns pinkish for a few hours after and seems to be a positive sign of better blood flow. I’m going to continue this in combination with my oil mix for a couple months and see how it compares to my previous microneedling progress, but so far so good.

You should have a lifetime warranty with dr. Pen btw, so contact them 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, TorontoMan said:

You should have a lifetime warranty with dr. Pen btw, so contact them 

Thanks for the heads up!

i purchased it on Amazon so will check the sellers warranty, but I did end up buying another one off eBay last month and have restarted microneedling with it just recently.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 months later...

Well its been 9 months now . Wow I can't believe it already. Here are some updated pics. Everything is looking great and I already want to touch up my temple/hairline area. 

The only thing I notice is there's a spot/patch that doesn't look like it has grown in as anywhere else.... I'm really hoping that changes 🙏 

20200915_211156.jpg

20200915_210940.jpg

20200915_210942.jpg

20200915_210944.jpg

20200915_210946.jpg

20200915_200719.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrators

Looks fantastic 🤩 

I do not provide medical advice, recommendations, all responses are my opinion.

My Hair Transplant Journey

Melvin- Associate Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @thehairtransplantnetwork FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...