2500 grafts progress thread

Cjf212

Hey hows it going everyone ! Decided I would make my progress thread here as there is more interaction with this place :)

Currently at month 3 now. 2500 grafts with rahal in Toronto. Everything went great from procedure to recovery. The only thing I wish I touched up on were my temples abit but due to my hairloss situation it wasnt advised. Maybe down the road I can touch it up , see how these results turn out.

Now that I'm at the 3 month mark Im hoping progress starts to move along now .Here's a few pics of before , basically immediately after  , roughly 1 month post ,2 months post and my current progress from about a week ago. The pictures are also with the hair combed forward. I havent cut the top of my hair and dont plan on it for awhile. 

20191211_160636.jpg

20191217_222619.jpg

15748790099276870372258613455816.jpg

15748789712583890467352285317697.jpg

20191211_170346.jpg

20200107_215808.jpg

20200128_200250.jpg

20200212_165600.jpg

Edited by Cjf212

• Administrators

The work looks clean, as expected with Dr. Rahal. I think you're in for a great result.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Looks good! How old are you and was this fue or fut?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys so I'm about 3 months and maybe 1 or 2 weeks out. It was nov 28 when I had the procedure. I'll post some more pics of before aswell. And some updated ones. I'm noticing in my hairline there is a small maybe half a pinky , area where not much hair seems to have sprouted, in regards to other areas atleast. Is this normal? I have to stop looking in the mirror every hour -_-

Hey here are some updated pics. I'd say I'm about 3 month and 3 weeks ish now. A few directly under flash , and some directly under shitty bright white bathroom light lol . Definitely starting to notice a difference. Hair doesnt blow in the wind like it use to haha but it is also shorter. Excited for the coming months hopefully some more growth. *crosses fingers 

20200317_205744.jpg

20200317_205640.jpg

20200317_205441.jpg

Wow that looks amazing for almost 4 months! Looks like you are a early grower!

I'm on my Week 7 and hoping for early grow as well hahaha :D

1st FUE28/01/2020 - 3659 grafts - Dr. Bruno Ferreira
2nd FUE - 03/06/2021 - 2881 grafts - Dr. Bruno Ferreira

Follow me on YouTube

I'm not a medical professional, thus any information given by me is my own observation and should not be treated as professional advice.

On 3/18/2020 at 4:17 AM, LonelyGraft said:

The work looks clean and progress looks good. Any post op donor pics?

Yea will post some today. It actually healed really well and fast. Nothing even of notice. 

I know I'm only about 4 months post this week  . But I notice when I shampoo condition my hair. The hairs look really thin almost as if not much progress is made. As a pose to about 3 days of not using shampoo or product my hair looks better and I can actually see/feel more growth lol  maybe it's in my head and I'm just over thinking. 

Just now, Cjf212 said:

Yea will post some today. It actually healed really well and fast. Nothing even of notice. 

I know I'm only about 4 months post this week  . But I notice when I shampoo condition my hair. The hairs look really thin almost as if not much progress is made. As a pose to about 3 days of not using shampoo or product my hair looks better and I can actually see/feel more growth lol  maybe it's in my head and I'm just over thinking. 

It's absolutely normal. If you don't wash your hair everything sticks to it and makes it "thicker" and after you wash it it looks thinner as it's a clean hair.

• Like 1

Follow me on YouTube

I'm not a medical professional, thus any information given by me is my own observation and should not be treated as professional advice.

Also another question ? Does anybody do microneedling? If so is it ok to do so 4 months post fue ? Or would that cause harm you think. Considering giving it a try , what would be a good size to start with.

• Administrators

I do microneedling, so does @CosmoKramer and @duchaine I think you should be okay to microneedle at 4 months, but consult with your surgeon first.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

52 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

I do microneedling, so does @CosmoKramer and @duchaine I think you should be okay to microneedle at 4 months, but consult with your surgeon first.

Yea they said it was okay to do so. Do you notice it helping with your hairgrowth / loss. I cant seem to find any on amazon , what size do you use? 

I spoke with Dr. Ferreira on this topic and he suggested to stay away from Microneedling (I'm on his side). Not sure how recipient area will look like after 4 months, but I would NEVER go with a roller in there if I just had it poked thousands of times and it's still healing. If i expect hairs sprouting from this area anyways, why would I risk going there with microneedling? After 12-18 months maybe yes, but definitely not 4 months in.

If we are talking about non-recipient area - don't see problem with that.

Follow me on YouTube

• Administrators
Just now, Rolandas said:

I spoke with Dr. Ferreira on this topic and he suggested to stay away from Microneedling (I'm on his side). Not sure how recipient area will look like after 4 months, but I would NEVER go with a roller in there if I just had it poked thousands of times and it's still healing. If i expect hairs sprouting from this area anyways, why would I risk going there with microneedling? After 12-18 months maybe yes, but definitely not 4 months in.

If we are talking about non-recipient area - don't see problem with that.

Thanks for the reply, I would hold off if Dr. Ferreira said so.

View my thread

I remember a user on another forum who said he believed using a laser cap after his surgery helped stimulate growth. I have heard others say similar things about minoxidil. I am not sure if there is an official stance on this.

I would imagine that if some follicles were borderline or if shock loss was an issue, maybe not good, where as if delayed growth was the concern it would help, but really I don't think anyone knows.

On 3/25/2020 at 12:20 PM, Cjf212 said:

Question for anyone viewing that has had a ht already, when did you find the most growth appeared. Between what months? 

Myself personally, I had 2 big growth spurts, months 4-6 then months 8-9 and a slightly a bit more new hair growth here and there in places like my hairline.

By the way, your progress looks pretty good for almost 4months, being a good healer likely contributes to being a fast grower IMHO.

12 hours ago, Cjf212 said:

Also another question ? Does anybody do microneedling? If so is it ok to do so 4 months post fue ? Or would that cause harm you think. Considering giving it a try , what would be a good size to start with.

While I agree with @Rolandas‘s & Melvin’s comment that you should consult with your clinic first, I would say about 4-6 after an HT should be fine if you are just starting microneedling and using a low caliber needle roller/stamp/pen such as 0.25-0.5mm no more than 1-2 times a week, to just aid in better blood circulation and better absorption of Minoxidil. One thing I noticed is that when I microneedling with my HT I noticed very little scalp pimples of blocked grafts/follicles from sebum or dandruff which was a positive.

Edited by CosmoKramer

36 minutes ago, CosmoKramer said:

While I agree with @Rolandas‘s & Melvin’s comment that you should consult with your clinic first, I would say about 4-6 after an HT should be fine if you are just starting microneedling and using a low caliber needle roller/stamp/pen such as 0.25-0.5mm no more than 1-2 times a week, to just aid in better blood circulation and better absorption of Minoxidil. One thing I noticed is that when I microneedling with my HT I noticed very little scalp pimples of blocked grafts/follicles from sebum or dandruff which was a positive.

Yea the check up assistant said it was fine but who knows maybe I'll wait a couple months . I may still get one to use for my crown area in the mean time. From what I see the 0.25mm is the most popular for weekly use