FUE scheduled with Dr. Sahar Nadimi, Chicago, May 7th, 2020

FoxtrotChi

It is both the angle, the lighting, wet hair, and the fact that I probably am in the early stages of thinning.  I’ve been taking these pictures in full sun directly from the top.  Once my hair grows out it becomes unnoticeable for now.  Here’s one is extremely flattering light:

76CB422C-9533-4B13-9AA8-844D2D6F8884.jpeg

Edited by FoxtrotChi

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Wishful thinking made me miscount above, that was day 57.  Today is day 79, time is crawling by.  Question for the group; when people say “3 months” do they mean 90 days, or the same date 3 months in advance.  My procedure was May 7th.  August 7th is two weeks from today and 92 days out.  

Still looking rough.

Can you tell these ugly duckling days are crawling by for me??

• Valued Contributor

Everybody posts their updates differently. Some guys post exactly 90 days. Some guys to the date. Personally, I was always a few days late. 🤷🏼‍♂️🙂 

Looking forward to your updates. Happy growing!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey OP. Everything seems to be coming along real nicely. Cant wait for your final results. I am too considering Dr. Nadimi heavily. Did you have a $200 consultation fee applied towards hair transplant? Also, what was the total cost for your procedure?

It’s been just about 3.5 months. Just got my first haircut.  TLDR: some new growth has started!

Starting at about 100 days, it became cosmetically noticeable, my temples are now a darker shade as the peach fuzz like hair fills in and darkens.  A few days ago my girlfriend commented that she noticed new growth, which was a nice confidence boost!

Everyone’s timeline is different, so don’t get discouraged if you aren’t seeing “early growth.”  I do think this forum creates un-realistic expectations in that regard.  Dr. Nadimi said that I shouldn’t see a big change until 6 months, so anything earlier is a bonus.

B74D2B12-24FE-482E-85BD-4E6FD80A530E.jpeg

C989BBC3-9377-41E8-81DA-1D0D2AD60FD3.jpeg

3A34265F-245D-4382-A47A-D8E63AA7AAFA.jpeg

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, FoxtrotChi said:

It’s been just about 3.5 months. Just got my first haircut.  TLDR: some new growth has started!

Starting at about 100 days, it became cosmetically noticeable, my temples are now a darker shade as the peach fuzz like hair fills in and darkens.  A few days ago my girlfriend commented that she noticed new growth, which was a nice confidence boost!

Everyone’s timeline is different, so don’t get discouraged if you aren’t seeing “early growth.”  I do think this forum creates un-realistic expectations in that regard.  Dr. Nadimi said that I shouldn’t see a big change until 6 months, so anything earlier is a bonus.

B74D2B12-24FE-482E-85BD-4E6FD80A530E.jpeg

C989BBC3-9377-41E8-81DA-1D0D2AD60FD3.jpeg

3A34265F-245D-4382-A47A-D8E63AA7AAFA.jpeg

Absolutely! My hair looked horrible up until about 6 months. But I think my confidence was around 7-8 month mark after that I would worry, but you a few months away from hopefully a great results! Then maybe you can go back to your ponytail days? 🤣

Looks like the work of a Dr. K protégé! 😎 Happy growing these next few months, things are about to get fun.  Would love a clearer pic of the donor. 😉

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

• 1 month later...

I had long hair prior to surgery. When it was shaved on the day of the procedure, I kicked myself for not doing it myself and donating it to Locks of Love. Given that, you and I have similar hairloss pattern. I am older than you by 4 years. I had been on the fence about HT for years. But after hitting age 43, the hairloss was accelerating (not saying this will happen to you). That was what turned the tide for me in getting an HT. But I am on propecia now and it is working out for me with no side effects.

Unfortunately, my surgeon can't produce irregular randomness if you gave him a full box of crayons and tell him to scribble. Everything is done in straight lines. At the end of my recovery, I may have to explore repair. Very impressed by Dr. Nadimi's work. Will follow your progress closely.

Sorry to hear that, Jim.  My hair loss was accelerating in the front a bit, but obviously was slower than many.  I’ve been extremely pleased with the growth so far, and the naturalness of the HT.  It’s so subtle no one would ever notice but is filling out really nicely.  Already it’s a significant improvement from before surgery.  At this point almost 5 months post surgery, can say that would highly recommend Dr. Nadimi for those who want an undetectable, natural and excellent result. 

I’ll share an update in a week or so at my 5 month mark.

• Like 1

My HT is not a disaster along these lines or anything like that, but the techniques applied are compromised so that my surgeon could maximize his revenue (2 procedures per day + plus numerous consultations) . I will wait to see how things are at the 12-month mark. Too early to think about repair. But it is great familiarizing myself with the works of other great surgeons.

Looking forward to your next update!

I looked at your post. My advice is to wait at least 5 months before you start passing any judgement. As you can see from my posts I was getting very impatient around the 3 month mark, which is very unrealistic.  

I understand how hard it is to be patient firsthand.

I bet you will be quite happy by 5+ months post surgery.

• Like 1

Oh yeah. Totally. I am happy now despite the drab tone in my posts :).

I am over the shock from the actual procedure and am totally optimistic that I'll have good results. But, I am a highly critical thinker; always pushing for better. My statements aren't second guesses at all. My only true regret is that I didn't save that long hair for donation. I am able to maintain a cool head while still being critical. It may not seem that way from my posts though I have to admit. My results now at just two months are good even though that is the bottom depths of the ugly duckling stage. Repair isn't in my mind at all now. I am just trying to be very thorough in hopes it will help others. Just seeing the outstanding work that has been done by other doctors amazes me.

Nandimi I would put among the elites. But she is seldom talked about in that regard and with the same frequency. That she does all the work herself should be a sought after rarity. Congrats on picking her!

• Like 1

Today is day 150, or 5

months. Things are progressing really nicely.  For the past 40 days, the new hair has grown slowly but consistently and I now have good coverage in the whole transplanted area.  The hair is wispy and shorter, but still thick and dark enough to look good!  I have been using Rogaine religiously 2x a day since day 15, and taking biotin and other vitamins.  No propecia.  I’m attaching a picture from 2 months and one week post surgery for reference.

D9DA279E-D526-4C3B-9161-D783DDF3B2CD.jpeg

392A3A39-31F7-4DB2-8A36-EDAEACD712B0.jpeg

3117E784-6F00-46AD-BC35-DCEC2527EB90.jpeg

9B234880-1F42-445B-AB6B-C32E4BE0CB6B.jpeg

48113A13-247B-4D7A-8951-F719041D6167.jpeg