4938 Grafts FUE - HLC - 5-7 February 2020

83mjs

Wow wow WOW! Looks great, man! So happy for you! It has grown in so nicely! As for the maturation of the other follicles, I feel like there might be a bit more change and increase in density come the 12-15 month mark!

Great result. Congrats

Medication for Male Pattern Baldness: Topical Dutasteride - Topical Minoxidil 5% - Ketoconazole Shampoo

Medication for Cicatricial Alopecia: Hydroxychloroquine  - Topical Clobestasol - Doxycycline

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
On 2/24/2020 at 10:15 AM, 83mjs said:

Hi all. I am a 36 year old man from the UK. I want to share with you my hair transplant progress. I had 4938 grafts at HLC in Ankara, Turkey on 5th, 6th and 7th February 2020.

I chose HLC after consulting with various clinics over a 6 month period. HLC fit my criteria: doctor performs the procedure themselves, manual extraction, stick & place technique. I also liked their results, some of which are just insanely good, and found them to be good to deal with. All of my consultations were done over email. I also got talking on Facebook to a Mexican guy who had been to HLC and had nothing but good things to say, and his results were incredible. Being able to talk to a genuine patient sealed the deal for me.

I first became aware of my hair loss at around 19 years of age. Even at that point, I had some thinning on the crown. Since then I have also receded at the front and thinned on top, as you can see from the pictures below. I have been taking finasteride 1mg per day for around 10 years now (I can't remember exactly how long) and I think it has helped me retain a reasonable head of hair. I felt at 36 years of age, after first considering a transplant about 8 years ago, now was a good time and a sensible time to do something.

The experience with HLC was excellent. You stay in an apartment with 4 bedrooms, just over the road from the clinic. I was a bit apprehensive about this communal living arrangement at first, but I really enjoyed the experience and made a couple of friends while I was there. The staff at HLC are superb. All meals are provided.

Pre-op photos (for the consultation)

998870121_pre1_censored.thumb.jpg.0e052eed2774a8599bb6c1263aa40915.jpg

198565512_preht2wet_censored.thumb.jpg.bc03c3d5b6f11d540a4d04e8ff4f1f71.jpg

766998059_prehtcrowndonor.thumb.JPEG.520e74a3764342d3e1a115a00d0a3d7e.JPEG

Surgery plan

plan.thumb.JPG.2187bbade8687ff9b5967e3506e5f746.JPG

1 day after surgery

1007797911_1daypostfront.thumb.jpeg.ccfb8bbccf169b9798d9e1e3110c5f6b.jpeg

1420981802_1daypostcrown.thumb.jpeg.9bc90e849e12e94df6a2279ede874109.jpeg

Graft report

grafts_censored.thumb.jpg.ec6b35a5c1ae1c0d121701b667e55850.jpg

Graft placement

I had 2800 grafts in the frontal third at a density of 50 per sq cm in the hairline; grafts at 20 per sq cm were placed in between native hairs further back

I also had 2000 on the crown at a density of 30 per sq cm (of those on the crown, 711 were beard grafts)

My donor has many singles and doubles, not so many multiples unfortunately. Not much I can do about that. I was aware of this, as when I cut my back & sides very short a lot of scalp was visible. I was briefly concerned I might have DUPA but the surgeon assured me this was not the case. In view of this, the doctor proposed to take 500 or so from the beard (although this ended up being 700) and I happily agreed to this.

Hey brother. I plan on doing the same as you (hlc, fue, hoping for 4 to 5000grafts), and this thread is great to follow as I have a very similar hairline and texture as you do. Did this run you over 5000, US$? I'll be adding $800 to $1000 extra for the plane ticket from the States so it'll be good to get an idea.

3 minutes ago, GaryStruthers said:

Hey brother. I plan on doing the same as you (hlc, fue, hoping for 4 to 5000grafts), and this thread is great to follow as I have a very similar hairline and texture as you do. Did this run you over 5000, US$? I'll be adding $800 to $1000 extra for the plane ticket from the States so it'll be good to get an idea.

HLC charges €2.5 - €2.7 per graft. 5000 grafts is about $15k USD.

• Like 1

• Administrators

@83mjsforgot about us baldies 🙌🏼 Live life with that new mop.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 3 weeks later...

Even though the OP hasn't posted since many months, this thread gave me positive energy to go to HLC for the transplant! Result looks great!

Thanks a lot for sharing it!

Edited by Fernand

5 hours ago, Fernand said:

Even though the OP hasn't posted since many months, this thread gave me positive energy to go to HLC for the transplant! Result looks great!

Thanks a lot for sharing it!

I went to HLC 6 months ago and although Im bettee than before I dont recommend it is I did before. Maybe is one of the best options in turkey or not, i have no idea. 3 guys I met there and I we are dissapointed.

I will go to clinica Zira in Valencia, Spain. Dra. Cotellessa. She looks like a true master and she is also tricologyst. Which I find now mandatory for a hair surgeon. They ran the surgery to a friend of mine and they shouldnt have because there was miniaturizarion + rigid scalp due to previous unsuccessfull surgery. They shouldnt have done it on him but they did. 4000 grafts to the garbage. 15000 $ gone for so far nothing.

2 minutes ago, EvansLawrence said:

I went to HLC 6 months ago and although Im bettee than before I dont recommend it is I did before. Maybe is one of the best options in turkey or not, i have no idea. 3 guys I met there and I we are dissapointed.

I will go to clinica Zira in Valencia, Spain. Dra. Cotellessa. She looks like a true master and she is also tricologyst. Which I find now mandatory for a hair surgeon. They ran the surgery to a friend of mine and they shouldnt have because there was miniaturizarion + rigid scalp due to previous unsuccessfull surgery. They shouldnt have done it on him but they did. 4000 grafts to the garbage. 15000 $ gone for so far nothing.

Hey man, do you have a 6 month pic of your surgery? would love to see how that is coming along.

55 minutes ago, EvansLawrence said:

I went to HLC 6 months ago and although Im bettee than before I dont recommend it is I did before. Maybe is one of the best options in turkey or not, i have no idea. 3 guys I met there and I we are dissapointed. ...

I will go to clinica Zira in Valencia, Spain. Dra. Cotellessa. She looks like a true master and she is also tricologyst.

I know you are not 100 % satisfied and you have all the right to discuss your results, but it is not polite to derail another thread. The TO obviously had a good results and deserves all the attention to his results and not a discussion about the clinic in general. Plus: I think it is premature to celebrate a clinic just based on your gut feel 😉 No offense 🙂

41 minutes ago, Gasthoerer said:

I know you are not 100 % satisfied and you have all the right to discuss your results, but it is not polite to derail another thread. The TO obviously had a good results and deserves all the attention to his results and not a discussion about the clinic in general. Plus: I think it is premature to celebrate a clinic just based on your gut feel 😉 No offense 🙂

I am happy with my progress. But it aint about me that I talk about. 

But sure. I may have overcrossed a line here. I apologyze.

I hope that if u go u have a good result 😊

• 1 year later...