Thoughts on "Hair of Instanbul?"

@Singhair83 Turkey is the world capital of botched hair transplant and Hair of Istambul is your typical turkish hairmill operating several patients per day using underpaid technicians.

If you want good results at a affordable price then do yourself a favor and go to Dr. Demirsoy (1.25€/graft). He does surgery on just 1 patient per day so he will be totally dedicated to achieving the best possible results for you. 

This is not like buying a car you can replace after a few years this is a permanent surgery and your donor area is limited so every graft is precious.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators

lol if there’s schilling going on, it’s definitely not a member who’s been here for over a decade. Never heard of this place, but what you need to ask is are there real non-promotional reviews?

Any surgeon can make themselves like a rock star on Instagram, I mean hell, Instagram is the premier place for false hopes and misleading posts, not only applicable to surgeons, but just in general. Take anything on there with a grain of salt. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 2/23/2020 at 4:26 PM, Jonesy1982 said:

Hair istanbul seems to be undercutting all these unethical turkish doctors. I wouldn't take advice of some random in a forum shilling certain doctors who have had failed results themselves which could've been avoided if they took more care

@Jonesy1982 as Melvin pointed out I have been this forum for over a decade giving informed advice and have had two very different hair transplants experiences (FUT and FUE+BHT).

I suggested the most affordable Doctor with real patient results here at HRN in order to sway @Singhair83 away from a Turkish hairmill.

You joined HRN yesterday and immediately proceed to badmouth a senior member and inform another member that was seeking advice that this Turkish Hairmill is undercutting other low cost clinics which is major red alert when choosing a clinic (which you would have know had you bothered watching Melvin’s videos).

In the future I urge to give more informed advise and refrain from being so quick to criticize members that are clearly much better informed than you are.

Edited by Portugal25
  • Like 2

Hair of Istanbul aren’t undercutting, they charge a flat fee of £4000 which is roughly double the average hairmill price. They seem to be marketing themselves as an upmarket/VIP experience for the Instagram crowd

Recently they got themselves in the tabloid press by giving a hair transplant to some kid from a boyband who definitely didn’t need any work doing.

I’d give them a swerve if I were you

54 minutes ago, 83mjs said:

Hair of Istanbul aren’t undercutting, they charge a flat fee of £4000 which is roughly double the average hairmill price. They seem to be marketing themselves as an upmarket/VIP experience for the Instagram crowd

Recently they got themselves in the tabloid press by giving a hair transplant to some kid from a boyband who definitely didn’t need any work doing.

I’d give them a swerve if I were you

@83mjs so this is a clinic in Turkey that belongs to a Irish celebrity who is asking other celebrities to have a HT there and endorse him, thank you for that valuable information.

I guess that very soon new members will also be asking if we recommend  Cristiano Ronaldo Hair Transplant clinic in Madrid that is run by his girlfriend because some celebrity went there. 

It’s been written here at HRN countless times by countless members but still people fail to understand that what matters is the skill of the surgeon and real patients posting real results not instagram videos/photos or celebrity endorsements.

Edited by Portugal25
  • Like 1

Guys a person here for a decade has no reason to shill. 

OP ask yourself why you are making this thread? Because you can’t find any genuine info on this clinic besides Instagram and let’s be honest anything can look good on insta. There are no threads about this forum and that should set alarm bells ringing. If you have doubt then do not go through with it. There’s no real info on the doctors working there. It’s not worth it especially for price they charging. Go to Demirsoy or the other better Turkish doctors that actually have results on here. Remember Instagram is just another advertising tool. This forum is not advertising tool. 

I've seen quite few youtubers that had a HT done in there. One recorded all journey and I was a bit shocked. In one place a guy is shaving the head and draws the hairline in 5 min & draws the boundaries of donor zone in 5 seconds in 1 motion. After he takes pictures with his phone and the patient is going to the car and to the other building, where someone else will do the rest of the work (actual surgery).

It's a typical mill which is well presented. I would personally stay as far away as possible and don't be fooled by good looking videos etc. 

1st FUE28/01/2020 - 3659 grafts - Dr. Bruno Ferreira
2nd FUE - 03/06/2021 - 2881 grafts - Dr. Bruno Ferreira

Follow me on YouTube

I'm not a medical professional, thus any information given by me is my own observation and should not be treated as professional advice.