Thinning crown or is it normal?

Maybe you are following in his footsteps in that case. Unfortunately do find with mpb that if there is a pattern of hair loss in your family, it can strike at any age. Even if your father had no signs of balding until he was older, doesn't necessarily mean it will be the same for you and it does look like it has started quite early for you. In my own case, my father had a full, thick set of hair up until his mid to late 40s and then started balding into a NW5 pattern. My pattern is exactly the same as his, only difference is I started thinning in my early 20s.

You may want to do your research and also speak to your physician/Dr  and look into medication to prevent further loss and possibly thicken hair in that area. 

Yes it does look like mpb unfortunately. As has been said though, it's early stages and you may well benefit from finasteride. If you respond well to it, you may stabilise things or even improve your situation. Best of luck with it.

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...