Hair Fibres / Dermmatch after hair transplant

Hello guys,

As some of you already saw my thread, I underwent a Hair Transplant in the end of January. At this moment I'm on exactly 21 days post op.

I was wondering when one can start using concealers after HT?

I've got a pack of Dermmatch in the bathroom and he is constantly looking at me! 😄

1st FUE - 28/01/2020 - 3659 grafts - Dr. Bruno Ferreira
2nd FUE - 03/06/2021 - 2881 grafts - Dr. Bruno Ferreira

Follow me on YouTube

I'm not a medical professional, thus any information given by me is my own observation and should not be treated as professional advice.

1 minute ago, BaldingBogger said:

I wouldn't advise Dermmatch due to the smothering affect on scalp..  i used nano fibres from around 6 weeks onwards though with no issues.. Check with your clinic too

That's why I'm concerned about dermmatch! But I think it would look much better with buzzed hair...

Yep, email sent to Dr. Ferreira!

Does it actually work with hair fibres to attach to short hair and be relatively invisible?

Follow me on YouTube

I'm not a medical professional, thus any information given by me is my own observation and should not be treated as professional advice.

4 minutes ago, BaldingBogger said:

id be very careful with dermmatch... The Dr's i spoke too said avoid it ...    Hair fibres worked for me.. using a very small amount when hair is short..    get on supplements like MSM to boost hair growth to get more growth to use fibres

I'm actually on MSM and my hair is growing quite fast already.

Thanks for your input!

Follow me on YouTube

On 2/21/2020 at 3:34 AM, Rolandas said:

That's why I'm concerned about dermmatch! But I think it would look much better with buzzed hair...

Yep, email sent to Dr. Ferreira!

Does it actually work with hair fibres to attach to short hair and be relatively invisible?

Do update in case he recoends using dermmatch after 3 weeks

6 hours ago, Loadrunner said:

Do update in case he recoends using dermmatch after 3 weeks

Dr. Ferreira recommends to use Dermmatch from week 4, basically now. I had quite a lot of shedding on the hairline, so not sure how it will look. I might try and see!

Follow me on YouTube

On 2/28/2020 at 10:42 PM, Rolandas said:

Dr. Ferreira recommends to use Dermmatch from week 4, basically now. I had quite a lot of shedding on the hairline, so not sure how it will look. I might try and see!

Let me know if it works fine for you. I am thinking of using from next week

I am a guru in using concealer, I usually use Nanongen fibres to hide my thinning for years after my hairline repair back in 2011 which means almost 10 years. However after my last HT with Dr. Cinik in Turkey, I decided to shave my head to look natural as nobody thinks I am thinning because of my concealing technique.

However after shaving my head continuously for 6 months I finally decided to grow it. If hair is between 1mm to 20mm I strongly advise you to use ONLY Dermmatch as it works in all conditions of hair. 

Fibres will look horrible if hair length is less than 1 inch. However Fibres will always win as they look more natural and easier to apply. Dermmatch is a hassle because of the need of water and it stains the pillow. Quite embarrassing indeed however for the sake of appearance everything is bearable.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

For some reason I don't want to start using it right now.. It would feel kind of odd. One day coming to work with no hair, and next day with dark scalp :D

Follow me on YouTube