Hair styling products!!

Easy chaps what hair styling products do you think are safe for example clay,wax,gel,pomade etc as I hear some can actually make your hair loss worse. What have you used and what would you recommend? Many thanks guys 👍

11 minutes ago, Dr. Glenn Charles said:

You want to avoid products that have alcohol in them. The gels are generally less harsh. Be careful with brushing or combing with product in the  hair as it can be pulled out easier than when hair is without product.

Thank you very much for your reply Dr I appreciate your info 👍

I generally try and stay away from gel/wax type products because the wet/shine look amplifies the thinning on top. Find clays and pomades with a matte look generally seem to work better for guys who are thinning and maybe even some who have had a HT. Issue with clay is as they are a heavier and more gritty product, as @Dr. Glenn Charles pointed out, have  to be careful brushing/combing it through the hair to avoid getting tug in the hair. Need to ensure the product is really well emulsified in the hands and probably best to firstly distribute it gently and evenly using hands/fingers and then maybe using a larger paddle type brush to further distribute. Have noticed some clay's out there are more creamy in texture which helps avoiding that issue.... otherwise maybe a good pomade is a happy median. 

In terms of actual natural styling products, difficult finding too many that are genuinely all natural and that also do a good job. If anyone has any recommendations, do chime in. Also agree with @Dr. Glenn Charles on trying to avoid products with alcohol in them.

2 hours ago, Fozzie said:

I generally try and stay away from gel/wax type products because the wet/shine look amplifies the thinning on top. Find clays and pomades with a matte look generally seem to work better for guys who are thinning and maybe even some who have had a HT. Issue with clay is as they are a heavier and more gritty product, as @Dr. Glenn Charles pointed out, have  to be careful brushing/combing it through the hair to avoid getting tug in the hair. Need to ensure the product is really well emulsified in the hands and probably best to firstly distribute it gently and evenly using hands/fingers and then maybe using a larger paddle type brush to further distribute. Have noticed some clay's out there are more creamy in texture which helps avoiding that issue.... otherwise maybe a good pomade is a happy median. 

In terms of actual natural styling products, difficult finding too many that are genuinely all natural and that also do a good job. If anyone has any recommendations, do chime in. Also agree with @Dr. Glenn Charles on trying to avoid products with alcohol in them.

Thanks for the info bud I think I’m going to go for clay when my hair starts to grow back in a few months but just take extreme caution when applying.