Ugly Duckling Phase

Hey guys,

It's been about 5 weeks since my HT. All my transplanted hairs have shedded alongside my native hairs due to shock loss. The front of my scalp is still pink and bare, it used to way more dense prior to HT. I know that this might be temporary but I'm going back to work in a week and I need a decent excuse. Also, I can't wear a hat or beanie. 

What did you guys do when you went back to work and What did you tell your colleagues? 

@Guano my close friend went to Pekiner on December 8th and he also experienced shock loss to his native hairs but check out these 4 pictures: Before, Post-Op, 6 Weeks, 10 Weeks.

Hang in there my friend things are gonna should get better from week 10-14 onward. 

For me I thought It’s best to avoid gossip openly shared my experience but if you are uncomfortable doing that just blame your barber for the close haircut. 

77986E93-BF4B-474E-B48D-94BB8C749991.jpeg

93073512-1355-4CB6-9128-2A2644C9A263.jpeg

82167C05-7F74-4301-B20C-45301B25AE52.jpeg

A05593AB-E5E4-41CC-900A-7C8D18E07344.jpeg

Edited by Portugal25

Hey man 

Thats reassuring, it doesn't seem like he lost too much though! compare my photos pre-op vs 5 weeks. 

I've lost a lot of natives and it's still pink. I can't come outright and confess as there I'm not too comfortable with everyone there. 

I'm hoping it gets a little better so i can put toppik or something.. very slow signs of regrowth on the natives and the hair near the crown. 

20200217_071128.jpg.aca82fdae3c756442423c2aa14ad3b85.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2020-02-11 at 4.28.20 PM.jpeg

He was doing his second HT so those native hairs were already transplanted hair from the first procedure. He a had more severe shock loss the first time but I don’t remember if it was at the same level as yours because it was in 2012. 

You try to apply Toppik but in the front it won’t look good maybe just put it in the back. 

Hope it gets better asap.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Jhonny said:

In would suggest to use dermamatch instead of toppik.

I didn’t rate dermamatch so bought eyebrow makeup. Looking at your pics you may get a good result but if there’s not enough hair try a women’s foundation/concealer to cover the redness? Or fake tan!!

• Like 1