Finasteride / Monoxidill tablets

Hi 

I have been on finasteride  (1mg per day) for around 7 years and recently started taking Monoxidill tables (5g) per day. Wanted to get some advice to see if you recommend I come off the finsateride and just stick to the Monoxidill tablets ? Be good to hear some feedback . Thank-you 

Please dont use oral minoxidil lol. How did you even come up to that idea? Its a heart medication and it will make you grow hairs on other parts of the body too. Its nothing to play with.
Minoxidil cant work for too long without blocking DHT. If you have no sides with fin just continue using it or make a topical fin

Edited by Thisisnotatest333

Keeping minoxidil and discontinuing finasteride will just have negative effect.

Minoxidil does grow new hairs, but it works better with a drug that maintains them. Your non minoxidil hair will fall out if you stop using finasteride. 

I am surprised after 7 years of taking it off you would want to discontinue. 

Low dose finasteride has been proven to inhibit DHT, not minoxidil...as others have stated, if you stop taking finasteride, the progression of more hair loss will resume.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

On 2/18/2020 at 12:35 AM, Thisisnotatest333 said:

Please dont use oral minoxidil lol. How did you even come up to that idea? Its a heart medication and it will make you grow hairs on other parts of the body too. Its nothing to play with.
Minoxidil cant work for too long without blocking DHT. If you have no sides with fin just continue using it or make a topical fin

Where would you get topical fin ? Didn't know this was even a thing ?

11 hours ago, ukpaitent said:

Where would you get topical fin ? Didn't know this was even a thing ?

You dont buy it, you make it. Its not that hard actually. Grind a 1mg tablet good and mix it with propylen glycol and ethanol and water. Or if you are already using topical minoxidi, just mix fin with the minoxidil solution. I would make 1 dose separately each time but you do whats easier for you

• 2 years later...
On 2/19/2020 at 12:36 PM, Thisisnotatest333 said:

You dont buy it, you make it. It’s not that hard actually. Grind a 1mg tablet good and mix it with propylen glycol and ethanol and water. Or if you are already using topical minoxidi, just mix fin with the minoxidil solution. I would make 1 dose separately each time but you do whats easier for you

I personally would rather use any one of the several established providers out there (Hims, Xyon, Hi Happy Head, Strut) that use a certified compounding facility to prepare the topical solution professionally.