Who is the best hair transplant surgeon - willing to travel anywhere.

I am sorry for your situation.  When  I was notified of this post I was  positive it could not be me.  Iecture alot on proper hairline design and the principles needed to create naturalness.....and your hairline violates some of he base principles.    The shape and placement of the frontal temporal angle is one of the major problems.   Even if it was "fuller and thick"  it would not be natural to my eye because of the design of the  temporal corners.   They are too  low, rounded,  and blunted.    The grafts are also too large  misdirected  mis-angled.   But even  if the grafts were   done better ....the shape is wrong.      The good news is that today with FUE  these types of hiar lines can be converted from an unnatural to a natural look in  sessions.  The basic approach is to first remove and reshape the boarder with small FUE  punches . This will give you a clean new palat and minimize the waste of those grafts already use,.  You basically are trying to recirulate them to a better position,.   Then  you would do a   grafting session to  recreate the hairline  shape to one that is more natural and will be proper for you based on your  age, degree of hairless now and the future as  well l as your donor reserves.  You may end up needing to have a higher hairline than you originally desired .....but at least it would look natural now and as you age.  Of course you need a full in person consult with whoever you go to to truly evaluate you  current donor supply and potential loss over he years.      But it should be fixable as far as making it natural.  the scar can usually be fixed with a combination of FUE and SMP.   sometimes a resection will help depending on the degree of  tightness.   I know many of he doctors mentioned above and feel  they  are excellent and can do this type of repair.    Jerry Wong, Konior, Bruno, Lorenzo, Deveroye,  Feriduni are all great.    there are other mentioned that are good with getting density but  it is very important at this point that you also pick someone who  understands how to best use the donor supply and not deplete it   Yours will  have already been somewhat tressed

I would be happy to give you more advice   and try and refer you somone that match your needs.    You will need a few visits so it would be best to fine the best match that is maybe local for you.  You have to accept you will need  a few visits to repair this.

Once again I am sorry for your situattio

And. am glad it was clarified it was to me.

Here is one example of how one can punch out bad graft  with fue and it heals with little scarring and just punching out can make a patient look more natural. 

photo 1 shows pluggy grafts I corner

photo 2 show immediately after one punch out

photo 3 shows   2 months post op......healing still not complete and minor redness will disappear

1991147139_ScreenShot2020-03-05at9_26_41AM.thumb.png.686fa2c0a372970a4d0f7700cdb2a5fb.png

Screen Shot 2020-03-05 at 9.26.41 AM.png

Edited by Dr. Ron Shapiro
not show face
  • Like 1

Hi Dr. Shapiro, 

Thank you for your reply, and again my apologies for not clarifying which Shapiro did my previous procedure.  

I really don't want to "move backwards" and punch out my existing hairline.... I understand it wouldn't be perfect, but can't I achieve pretty good results by just having a better surgeon (such as yourself) add hairs to the temple areas to increase the density so it looks full?  And what about using the new "exosomes" treatment?  Do you think that could work in my situation? 

Thank you!

I do alot of writing  and lecturing about hairlines.  I   understand why you would like to just try and " "thicken up what you  have".   But in my opinion ( and the opinion of  few other who have answered you, the current position  and shape of you hairline  is wrong and unatural....if all you did was make it thicker there is a real risk it would just draw more attention to its abnormal position and make things worse.  In addition  you would be depleting your donor more while doing this. There are other factors that would take too long to explain that makes this not the best course of action.

I understand that pushing out grafts may seem like going backward.   but in reality you have gone backward from the beginning because you went fro thin and natural to thin an unnatural  and more unnatural ( the wrong direction ) each time.    Dong more grafts  with this pattern...even if it made it thicker ...would continue down the wrong path   This would put you back on the right direction  

This is what  I think from the photo ii see.  Of course it is not the same as seeing someone in person and being able to walk all the way around them and observe from multiple angels as well as assess the amount of donor left which is critical.    I guess  could alter my opinion if  I saw something different in person,   I am  not sure if we ever got your age...but if you are younger than 35 with this many grafts put in the hairline  than the need to conserve  Grafs for potential loss in the midscale is critical.    I will try and upload my chapter on hairlines and maybe my PPT lecture on it as a reference  for readers to use . Unfortunately I won't be able to do that for a few weeks as I am in  the process of finishing  the 6th edit of  the textbook I write with her docs and it is past the deadline.    If you would like to call me  to talk on the phone about this  let me know at by  emailing me.    Sorry to be negative about your  desired plan...but I do think that it would be a mistake....it has been a mistake so far

• Like 1

On 2/24/2020 at 12:40 AM, Portugal25 said:

@miko sorry to hear about your results with ASMED and it seems that issues with ASMED  are becoming regular because just last week @dust78 was complaining about overharvesting and saying that ASMED was ignoring any wrong doing or responsibility.

You can check more results from HLC at the Italian forum.

I would also advise you to speak with Dr. Bruno Ferreira because he is at your price point 2.5€/graft does the whole surgery with DHI and operates on just 1 patient per day. He also works with Dr. Lorenzo in Madrid (but there you pay 5€/graft for him to do your surgery).

Thanks. Yes, when I desided for ASMED in 2016, it was hard to find any bad result of ASMED. Now I am wonder how many bad results of ASMED are on the HT forums. And @dust78 is right. Also in my case ASMED refuses any responsilibity for my bad result of HT. I heard about Dr. Ferreira, he used to work with Dr. Lorenzo. I think he begin to work alone. Is he skillfull enough? 

Edited by miko

• Administrators
40 minutes ago, miko said:

Thanks. Yes, when I desided for ASMED in 2016, it was hard to find any bad result of ASMED. Now I am wonder how many bad results of ASMED are on the HT forums. And @dust78 is right. Also in my case ASMED refuses any responsilibity for my bad result of HT. I heard about Dr. Ferreira, he used to work with Dr. Lorenzo. I think he begin to work alone. Is he skillfull enough? 

We’ve been in contact with ASMED consistently and we’ve been assured that all of their patients have been taken care of, please pm me your information and I will follow up with them about your case. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

3 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

We’ve been in contact with ASMED consistently and we’ve been assured that all of their patients have been taken care of, please pm me your information and I will follow up with them about your case. 

Hello Melvin. Thanks for your interest.  After 11 months since surgery I saw that my transplanted area is still lack and result is bad, therefor I wrote to the Asmed and sent them pictures. They wrote me that it is normal and everybody has different hair growth and I have to wait to the end of 18 month from HT and if my transplanted area will be still lack I have to write them and they offer me a solution. After 18 months my transplanted area was still lack and there were no improvement, therefor I wrote to Asmed another mail with pictures and asked them why my result is so weak and where the mistake happened. I was very surprised when they asked me to fill new questionary and send them another pictures. My surprise was much bigger when they wrote me that I need another HT with 2500 grafts, which will be cost 6.250,- Euros! I have been in Istanbul again in August 2018 and I wrote to Asmed and asked them to arrange an apointment with Dr. Erdogan. They wrote me back that Dr. Erdogan is busy due the moving of clinic and he has no time to meet me, but if I am interested I can come to Asmed to make some pictures. I denied it, because I needed to speak with Dr. Erdogan. After time I published few pictures of my result on this forum with asking for opinion and I was contacted from Asmed for inormations who am I and when I had HT in their clinic. I send them answears and they asked me for pictures of current condition of my hair, which I sent them, but I didn't get response. After 3 weeks I wrote them that I didn't get response and they wrote me back that they sent me response on my email adress but I didn't get it. After few days they wrote me that Dr. Erdogan checked my pictures and my result is normal and it was caused due stopped using finasteride (I have using Propecia for 18 months from the surgery 1mg daily!). I wrote them that it can't be true, because my original hair are fine and my transplanted area is lack. Also the condition of my hair was same after 11 and after 18 months when I was on Propecia, and also now when I don't use Propecia. If it will be true, than my transplanted area will be fine and original hair will be lack. I wrote it them and they asked me for another set of pictures which Dr. Erdogan will check again and tell me the best solution. Therefore I sent them another set of pictures with current condition of my hair, but they didn't response for a month. I wrote them that I didn't get response and they wrote me that they sent me response on my email adress but I didn't get it. Another day they wrote me that hair behind the frontline started shedding when I stopped finasteride. Therefore it does not support  the frontal part and this is why it looks as it does. I sent them once again set of my pictures and wrote them that I was on finasteride from my surgery to the end of 18 month since surgery and asked them, if bad result of HT in 11 month since surgery and in 17 and 18 month since surgery,, where the same weak result was visible is caused by discontinuation of using finasteride after 18 months and asked them where is area of shaded hair after discontinuation of finasteride, which they mentioned. They wrote me back on 13th February 2020, that they will have a meeting with Dr. Erdogan to my case next day (14th February) and they let me know. Because I didn´t get any response I wrote them on 6th March what is happened. They wrote me back, that they had meeting, but Dr. Erdogan had to go to Mexico for the FUE workshop and they didn´t write the report and they think that I need another HT with 2500 grafts (the didn´t mentioned that free HT). I wrote them back that I still don´t know what is reason of my terrible result of HT. They wrote me back that no using of finasteride is one of the reason and the exact reason is possible to say after analysis in live. After 3 years and 3 months from my HT I still don´t know what is the reason of my terrible HT result. But I know that the reason is not discontinuation of using finasteride after 18 months since surgery, because the result in 11 month since surgery, 17 and 18 month since surgery and also now is the same. Please check pictures. 1st picture is after 11 months since surgery. 2nd pictures is after 17 months since surgery. Pictures 3 and 4 are after 18 months since surgery. And last two pictures are from present. Now I am waiting for report from Dr. Erdogan and I will see what they will offer me. But I don´t believe fo something serious because I see that they try to delegate resposibility to my person and dicontinuation of finasteride after 18 months since surgery. And this is NOT the reason!

11 months.jpg

17 months.jpg

18 months (2).jpg

18 months.jpg

now.jpg

now 2.jpg

Edited by miko

• Administrators

Hello Miko, 

I don’t want to derail this thread, i will pm you. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Miko bud this is the same result happening again and again at Asmed. I advise you to contact all news outlets especially the recent ones that have been filming at Asmed and share your story.

In the mean time...

Dr Ron needs to sell Dr Erdogan the 6th edition book when he publishes  because patients are getting f*cked up and all im hearing about is conferences and new books on hair transplantation.

Guarantees touch ups are worthless when you have depleted donor and muff hair front.

Totally unacceptable in 2020

1 hour ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Hello Miko, 

I don’t want to derail this thread, i will pm you. 

Yes, ok. I have my own story about my HT at ASMED ready, with many pictures, including attitude of ASMED to my case, but I didn´t publish it till now, because I still wait for the final answear from ASMED. 

Edited by miko

39 minutes ago, Hairgod said:

Miko bud this is the same result happening again and again at Asmed. I advise you to contact all news outlets especially the recent ones that have been filming at Asmed and share your story.

In the mean time...

Dr Ron needs to sell Dr Erdogan the 6th edition book when he publishes  because patients are getting f*cked up and all im hearing about is conferences and new books on hair transplantation.

Guarantees touch ups are worthless when you have depleted donor and muff hair front.

Totally unacceptable in 2020

Yes, I am thinking about it. Like I wrote, I have my own story about my HT at ASMED ready, with many pictures, including attitude of ASMED to my case, but I didn´t publish it till now, because I still wait for the final answear from ASMED.

I don´t understand the part about selling book.

Yes. I agree. Guarantees touch ups are worthless, when your donor is exhausted or destroy. When I sent pictures of my donor to Hasson&Wong, they wrote me, that my donor after HT at ASMED is almost exhausted.

Miko keep the forum updated. The result is unacceptable. You paid a lot of money to receive a satisfactory result. Even though grafts have grown it's just not good enough you are not a clinic's scientific experiment to collect data.

Dr Erdogan is a professional he needs to come on to the message forum like Dr Ron and address the issues instead of hiding behind his k-bot.

It's not fair of Melvin the moderator to keep getting complaints, this is not the first.

And it's not fair patients to keep going back to Turkey having mega multiple surgeries for frontal zones using up donor supply.

13 hours ago, Hairgod said:

Miko keep the forum updated. The result is unacceptable. You paid a lot of money to receive a satisfactory result. Even though grafts have grown it's just not good enough you are not a clinic's scientific experiment to collect data.

Dr Erdogan is a professional he needs to come on to the message forum like Dr Ron and address the issues instead of hiding behind his k-bot.

It's not fair of Melvin the moderator to keep getting complaints, this is not the first.

And it's not fair patients to keep going back to Turkey having mega multiple surgeries for frontal zones using up donor supply.

Thanks for supporting. Yes, I will update the forum. I agree. I paid 11.250,-  eur for HT + flight tickets, accommodation over 3 nights in Istanbul and food (totall almost 12.000,- euros) and I am sad every day, when I look in to the mirror since I understood that this is my final result. The bigger problem is that 4500 grafts were used for this terrible result and I have just one donor area. I don´t know how many grafts is possible to be used for another HT. In 2016, when I decided for ASMED, it was hard to find some bad result of this clinic. Now I see more bad results. I don´t know what is happened. Is in team of Dr. Erdogan someone who is not enough skillful? Or? One problem is the result (lack density and unnaturral and strange hairline), second problem is the attitude of ASMED to this result...

• Administrators

@miko

Please create a separate thread. 

Guys, 

I am already in contact with Miko. Please do not respond on this thread, we have completely de-railed the thread for the OP. 

Thanks for understanding.

View my thread

33 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

@miko

Please create a separate thread. 

Guys, 

I am already in contact with Miko. Please do not respond on this thread, we have completely de-railed the thread for the OP. 

Thanks for understanding.

OK, i will create. But i will wait for the final answear of ASMED, like I wrote. Thanks for understanding. 

• 4 weeks later...

Can you provide shots of your whole face from the front taken by someone else? If you build your temples too shallow you could end up looking feminized, but really almost impossible to tell without a flat frontal view (not a selfie).

On 4/4/2020 at 2:42 PM, bismarck said:

Can you provide shots of your whole face from the front taken by someone else? If you build your temples too shallow you could end up looking feminized, but really almost impossible to tell without a flat frontal view (not a selfie).

Hello, this is picture of whole face from the front taken by my girlfriend. Not a selfie. I am really sad with this result. Thanks for opinion. 

20200405_180951 (2).jpg

Edited by miko

This is another ASMED catastrophe. They should be ashamed to ever touch another patient's head. How are they even allowed to post cases on here at this point? Modern day Bosley.

You will have to go to one of the high end repair specialists -- Lorenzo, Ximena, Couto, Freitas, Feriduni, Konior, Hasson. They will each try their best. There are no guarantees. Because of the multiple procedures, your case is about as difficult as it gets. If anyone can do it they can. I don' have a better way to narrow it down than those, though I suspect Lorenzo or Feriduni will be your best best because they seem to have softer fingers.

Edited by bismarck

15 hours ago, bismarck said:

This is another ASMED catastrophe. They should be ashamed to ever touch another patient's head. How are they even allowed to post cases on here at this point? Modern day Bosley.

You will have to go to one of the high end repair specialists -- Lorenzo, Ximena, Couto, Freitas, Feriduni, Konior, Hasson. They will each try their best. There are no guarantees. Because of the multiple procedures, your case is about as difficult as it gets. If anyone can do it they can. I don' have a better way to narrow it down than those, though I suspect Lorenzo or Feriduni will be your best best because they seem to have softer fingers.

Yes. Catastrophe and dissaster. Another dissaster thing is that Asmed and Dr. Erdogan refuse any resposibility for this result... It is very unethical and unprofessional. I´ve never met with such arrogant and ignorant atitude to patient. Thank you for advice. All these surgeons have my atention, but I heard about Ximena for 1st time from you. The best results has Couto, but he is fully booked till 2023... :( I am thinking about Lorenzo, De Freitas and HLC and Keser from Turkey... 

2 minutes ago, miko said:

Yes. Catastrophe and dissaster. Another dissaster thing is that Asmed and Dr. Erdogan refuse any resposibility for this result... It is very unethical and unprofessional. I´ve never met with such arrogant and ignorant atitude to patient. Thank you for advice. All these surgeons have my atention, but I heard about Ximena for 1st time from you. The best results has Couto, but he is fully booked till 2023... :( I am thinking about Lorenzo, De Freitas and HLC and Keser from Turkey... 

Forget about Keser he doesn’t use a microscope during surgery and more than one members showed photos of doubles in the hairline. Talk to @Clark.Ethan about his hairline made by Keser.

Keser has some amazing hairlines and I did used to recommend him but that was before before I found out that he is a recluse (stays away) from the hair transplant industry and does old school surgeries. 

12 hours ago, Portugal25 said:

Forget about Keser he doesn’t use a microscope during surgery and more than one members showed photos of doubles in the hairline. Talk to @Clark.Ethan about his hairline made by Keser.

Keser has some amazing hairlines and I did used to recommend him but that was before before I found out that he is a recluse (stays away) from the hair transplant industry and does old school surgeries. 

Really? I didn´t know about it. But Keser refuses offer me his services. Thank you for information. Have you (or anybody) ever heared about (or seen) bad result from HLC? Thanks

1 hour ago, miko said:

Really? I didn´t know about it. But Keser refuses offer me his services. Thank you for information. Have you (or anybody) ever heared about (or seen) bad result from HLC? Thanks

From my experience, i can tell you that At hlc they are very prepared and professional.

On 3/5/2020 at 4:10 PM, Dr. Ron Shapiro said:

I am sorry for your situation.  When  I was notified of this post I was  positive it could not be me.  Iecture alot on proper hairline design and the principles needed to create naturalness.....and your hairline violates some of he base principles.    The shape and placement of the frontal temporal angle is one of the major problems.   Even if it was "fuller and thick"  it would not be natural to my eye because of the design of the  temporal corners.   They are too  low, rounded,  and blunted.    The grafts are also too large  misdirected  mis-angled.   But even  if the grafts were   done better ....the shape is wrong.      The good news is that today with FUE  these types of hiar lines can be converted from an unnatural to a natural look in  sessions.  The basic approach is to first remove and reshape the boarder with small FUE  punches . This will give you a clean new palat and minimize the waste of those grafts already use,.  You basically are trying to recirulate them to a better position,.   Then  you would do a   grafting session to  recreate the hairline  shape to one that is more natural and will be proper for you based on your  age, degree of hairless now and the future as  well l as your donor reserves.  You may end up needing to have a higher hairline than you originally desired .....but at least it would look natural now and as you age.  Of course you need a full in person consult with whoever you go to to truly evaluate you  current donor supply and potential loss over he years.      But it should be fixable as far as making it natural.  the scar can usually be fixed with a combination of FUE and SMP.   sometimes a resection will help depending on the degree of  tightness.   I know many of he doctors mentioned above and feel  they  are excellent and can do this type of repair.    Jerry Wong, Konior, Bruno, Lorenzo, Deveroye,  Feriduni are all great.    there are other mentioned that are good with getting density but  it is very important at this point that you also pick someone who  understands how to best use the donor supply and not deplete it   Yours will  have already been somewhat tressed

Dr shapiro,

i spent hours studying your article about hairline design.

i shared it on this board because i think hairline design is something people need to understand in depth before thinking to have a ht procedure!

• Like 1