Calling all Rahal and Hasson & Wong Patients

enigmatic936

Hi,

Recently been searching for qualified hair transplant surgeons and have settled on deciding between Rahal or Hasson & Wong. I've had a consultation with both surgeons and they've recommended the same number of grafts based on my hair loss (2000 grafts). I am also looking to do a FUE procedure since I see it as less invasive but would not entirely be opposed to FUT. Looking for patient accounts from both surgeons as I would love to hear about people's experiences at either clinic. Any help in this decision would be much appreciated and feel free to PM me!

Both good doctors. Although cost of the HT should not be your overriding factor to help you decide on either one, how much per graft do they each charge . If you could say in US dollars please?

Thanks.

Paddy. 

Edited by paddyirishman
Correct spelling

3 time Rahal FUE patient here (2014 frontal zone, 2015 vertex, 2017 crown)  - very satisfied with my results, Dr. Rahal and team are amazing from start to finish - Dr. Wong was at the top of my list as well, actually had a consultation and recommendation from Joe Tillman when he was still working for H&W at the time - I'm sure I would have been just as satisfied with H&W however they were not doing FUE at that time

Edited by home1212

12 hours ago, karatekid said:

I dont have personal experience from neither, but from my research, H&W show much more consistent and better results than Rahal.

Also I think Rahal doesnt do FUT at all

Have to agree. From what I've seen over 7 years h&w produces far better results than rahal.

Personaly h&w is my top 3 fave surgeons now.

Correct rahal doesnt do fut at least not anymore from what i've read. Also saw a site about a dude who was upset that rahal messed up his scalp. Posted pics and it looked horrifying.

Anyway pick someone in your gut you can trust. 

5 hours ago, killa said:

Have to agree. From what I've seen over 7 years h&w produces far better results than rahal.

Personaly h&w is my top 3 fave surgeons now.

Correct rahal doesnt do fut at least not anymore from what i've read. Also saw a site about a dude who was upset that rahal messed up his scalp. Posted pics and it looked horrifying.

Anyway pick someone in your gut you can trust. 

Interesting for sure, definitely something to consider. I will add that I've seen patient accounts of "botched" procedures on Hasson & Wong's side as well just to be fair. I don't think any surgeon is going to have a 100% satisfaction rate given the nature of this work. 

8 hours ago, home1212 said:

3 time Rahal FUE patient here (2014 frontal zone, 2015 vertex, 2017 crown)  - very satisfied with my results, Dr. Rahal and team are amazing from start to finish - Dr. Wong was at the top of my list as well, actually had a consultation and recommendation from Joe Tillman when he was still working for H&W at the time - I'm sure I would have been just as satisfied with H&W however they were not doing FUE at that time

Home1212 Thanks for the account! Real stories like yours are invaluable to patients like me. Much appreciated!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, enigmatic936 said:

Interesting for sure, definitely something to consider. I will add that I've seen patient accounts of "botched" procedures on Hasson & Wong's side as well just to be fair. I don't think any surgeon is going to have a 100% satisfaction rate given the nature of this work. 

Home1212 Thanks for the account! Real stories like yours are invaluable to patients like me. Much appreciated!

botched procedure from H&W? where did you see that? No I dont think it is acceptable, there is a difference between bad results and botched procedure, clinic of H&W levels shouldnt have botched procedures.  And even if it somehow happened, I would expect the clinic to handle it correctly and try to fix it or at least full return of the money.

@enigmatic936

I had fue with rahal and very happy.

instead of comparing h&w to rahal, compare "dr. rahal" to "dr hasson" to "dr wong." a lot people lump h&w together. they are very different docs.

each doctor specializes in different things. though overall h& w and rahal are very consistent and ranked among the best in the world. if someone says diff, guaranteed they are shill. most likely spamming for a turkish doc. 

-wong is known for density, coverage, crowns. 
-hasson is known for hairlines
-rahal is know for hairlines

for hairlines, both rahal and wong have different styles. rahal has more experience in fue and results. but wong, hasson stand by their patients. so might not be a concern. 

what are you looking to achieve? tell me what type of hairline you like, maybe some photos and I can give some advice. 

11 hours ago, fueguy said:

instead of comparing h&w to rahal, compare "dr. rahal" to "dr hasson" to "dr wong." a lot people lump h&w together. they are very different docs.

-wong is known for density, coverage, crowns. 
-hasson is known for hairlines
-rahal is know for hairlines

for hairlines, both rahal and wong have different styles. rahal has more experience in fue and results. but wong, hasson stand by their patients. so might not be a concern.

years back I read about patients requesting more lowered hairlines from h&w. And h&w gave them what they wanted. The patient had one of the best results I've ever seen in the history of hair transplants and was crazy blown away. wow.

btw post your pics of your results for us see. Would love to check it out. Cool post.

btw post your pics of your results for us see. Would love to check it out. Cool post.

@killa You can ready my story and see pics below.

One of my criteria when choosing a doctor was hairlines. neither dr. rahal or dr. hasson transplant low hairlines. Both are conservative and maximize coverage, yet both have very different styles. Both create some of the most natural looking hairlines in the business. Basically it boils down to micro irregularity. Dr. Rahal has a slight edge in my opinion. I'm obsessive and work with numbers by day so i'm able to look for patterns, etc. I'll break down the difference if i have time. But in the end, I noticed that Dr. rahal's hairlines minic nature more in terms of ethic background, features.

Second for me was fue, and at that time Dr. Hasson was not really doing fue. So Dr. Rahal has an edge in results and experience. But again, Hasson backs up his work and stands behind patients so something to consider.

I could go on and on lol Props to enigmatic936 for putting so much research into it. 

On 2/19/2020 at 4:46 PM, fueguy said:

@killa You can ready my story and see pics below.

So Dr. Rahal has an edge in results and experience. But again, Hasson backs up his work and stands behind patients so something to consider.

Looked at your hair results by rahal. I'm sure a 2nd procedure would help add more density. Are you thinking of getting a 2nd treatment?

Looked at your hair results by rahal. I'm sure a 2nd procedure would help add more density. Are you thinking of getting a 2nd treatment?

Maybe in my younger years that statement would have bothered me lol 

this look is "exactly" what I wanted. mature-ish hairline, slight template closure, taking into account my ethnic bg, and non-dire for another ht. One of the reasons I went with Dr. Rahal. He could design exactly what I was after. 

One of your decisions when getting a hair transplant is not just about the best doctor, it's also taking  into account future hair loss (even your budget). I was lucky enough that the wife OK'd the budget for this. Not a chance a second time. Yes, the type of results plays a role here. More aggressive hairline, more grafts, more procedures. Simple as that. Keep that in mind.

Considering i have black hair and light skiner skin tone, 2000 grafts nailed it. No doubt if my hair color was lighter, I would get a boost in density. Maybe smp down the road.

I get wanting a thick hairline, especially when younger, but you will find that when you get older, your expectations chance and the expectations of others too. If all your friends have full hairlines and you don't, women take notice. Thus you want the same. As you get older, most men are receding, have hair loss. Women expect it. So just having hair is helps you win the game. 

me.jpg