Hattingen Hair 4387 FUT

TrixGlendevon

Hi all!

So I have decided to post some photos of my transplant. The clinic was so good I think they deserve acknowledgement plus I have had a few inbox messages asking me for updates. They are a clinic known for excellent results with FUT mega-sessions. Dr Feriduni told me they were excellent and a really, really great choice. He really thought very highly of them and he told me this in a consultation with him when he asked me who else I was considering so that was glowing praise. The photos I have here are pre-surgery, immediately post-surgery and 9 months in sunlight outside (a rare sunny day in Ireland!). I will update the full result pics when I go to see the clinic in a few weeks.

It hurt when the meds wore off on the day but the next day it felt ok I thought. I returned to the clinic a couple of weeks after to get the staples taken out. They use sutures and staple s together. Prices are on the website and are transparent. They recreated a whirl in my hair at the front, which I was skeptical about when they told me afterwards but it has actually worked! I was a slow grower and didn't really see the full effect until about 14 months as I could still feel small hairs coming through and it has only really thickened up to its maximum around the 13-14 month mark.

The scar now is undetectable. My sister and wife say it is literally a pencil line and they couldn't find it and they knew what they were looking for. I will let the clinic take a proper picture of it in March. 

About me: I am mid-30s I don't use any meds and never have. NW5 is hereditary.

Feel free to ask any questions and happy to hear feedback

Pre 1.jpg

donor.jpg

1 ps.jpg

2 ps.jpg

Incision 2.jpg

9 month top.jpg

9 month front Angle 1.jpg

9 month front angle 2.jpg

Edited by TrixGlendevon
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, LonelyGraft said:

Great result. Do you dye your hair? Seems darker in the afters. Any exposed hairline pics?

10 euros to you for being the first commentator 😉 For 9 months it is not bad at all, yes. Thanks! I don't dye my hair though, no (hence the grey hairs). I agree the colour change is strange though - I wonder if it is because it is taken with my phone in the after pics and the clinic's camera with the others? The true colour is closer to the afters I would say.

These are the only pics I have until I go to the clinic in March.

Edited by TrixGlendevon
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, mhaider1991 said:

That right there is a mean good result. Congrats man! I'm a Hattingen patient 2 month post op and all was great. Will post pics soon.

Yeah! Thanks man. I am very pleased. This was 9 months too and I think it looks better now. Even my barber mentions that my hair seems thicker now. Your result will be even better mine as you had 6,000 which is crazy but you hopefully this post should calm any doubts you may have. Looking forward to your photos!

Hello and congratulations on the surgery! Would it be possible to see a more diverse set of current day photos? I’d love to see what your hair looks like wet, combed back a bit to expose the roots, and with a bit more of your face showing. 

no worries I’d you aren’t comfortable with this. Congrats again! 

• Like 1

On 2/15/2020 at 7:42 PM, Tentpole91 said:

Hello and congratulations on the surgery! Would it be possible to see a more diverse set of current day photos? I’d love to see what your hair looks like wet, combed back a bit to expose the roots, and with a bit more of your face showing. 

no worries I’d you aren’t comfortable with this. Congrats again! 

Hahaha did you not bother to read what I wrote and just look at the pics? As I said in the above, I don't have any other pics until I go to the clinic next month when I go for my check up and they can take the pictures which I will then post.

• Administrators

Thanks for posting, these are some amazing results. The work looks extremely clean, and I see why they're compared to H&W, the work looks almost identical. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

6 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Thanks for posting, these are some amazing results. The work looks extremely clean, and I see why they're compared to H&W, the work looks almost identical. 

Thanks! I am really pleased with the result too. It did actually thicken up a bit more after this point (this was 9 months). I am going there next month to have a check up and discuss a second procedure. At least it gives the forum a new clinic to consider now there is a result when names are being thrown about. Thanks to @Gasthoerer for pointing me in their direction.

8 hours ago, TrixGlendevon said:

Thanks! I am really pleased with the result too. @Gasthoerer

I am really happy that you enjoy your result. Personally, I think it is great especially considering your status and amount of grafts used. 

Just want to add, that I am not affiliated with the clinic and even went to another clinic for FUE (feriduni). But there are not many great FUT clinics in Europe left and this is one if them. One has to know: this is from my point of view a rather conservative clinic regarding hairline and amount of grafts for first surgery. But for high NW this is the way to go. Easier to be more aggressive after a successful first pass than looking for a rescue after going all in. 

6 hours ago, Gasthoerer said:

I am really happy that you enjoy your result. Personally, I think it is great especially considering your status and amount of grafts used. 

Just want to add, that I am not affiliated with the clinic and even went to another clinic for FUE (feriduni). But there are not many great FUT clinics in Europe left and this is one if them. One has to know: this is from my point of view a rather conservative clinic regarding hairline and amount of grafts for first surgery. But for high NW this is the way to go. Easier to be more aggressive after a successful first pass than looking for a rescue after going all in. 

Yeah I am not affiliated with them either - just posting my result and commenting honestly on my experience. I also consulted with Feriduni but he only wanted to do FUE and I only wanted FUT. You were the one that pointed out Hattingen to me initially and told me about the German forum, hence why I tagged you. Feriduni also sent me to Hattingen when I did my consultation with him so they came with a great recommendation there too.

I agree he does conservative hairlines (it is Sever and not Laura that does the hairlines) and he knows this as he made a joke about it saying everybody online says the same thing about him. However, I needed a conservative approach as I don't take meds and as you say, a lot of space to cover. I would like a lower hairline but I think I will just add density to what I already have rather than give into hair greed. Undecided. 

Great result im considering dr wong or hattingen, going to see dr wong next month and hattingen maybe around the same time. Not taking any chances of my Erdogan horror. By the way this farsanuk 😉 my results from erDOGAn can be found in search by farsanuk

9 hours ago, Kickass said:

Great result im considering dr wong or hattingen, going to see dr wong next month and hattingen maybe around the same time. Not taking any chances of my Erdogan horror. By the way this farsanuk 😉 my results from erDOGAn can be found in search by farsanuk

Either would be an amazing choice. Feel free to ask me if you have any questions about Hattingen

• 1 month later...

COVID-19 cancelled my travel plans to the clinic in March for my final review and to have the final result photos taken. When this is all over, I will be arranging another trip over and I will post the photos then. Sorry about this!

• Like 1

• Administrators

When you go back, it would be great if you could snap some pics of the clinic. I’ve heard the town is beautiful and the clinic is really nice.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

13 hours ago, bismarck said:

You made a smart choice going to Hattingen. One of the best in Europe I think. Keep us updated either with your own pictures at home or when you are next able to be at the clinic.

Yeah everybody says that but I researched this for around 2-3 years before taking the plunge. When Feriduni highly recommended them when I was in a consultation with him, I knew he had to be good. I would post my own pics but I am in desperate need of a haircut at the moment (as I am sure we all are).

49 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

When you go back, it would be great if you could snap some pics of the clinic. I’ve heard the town is beautiful and the clinic is really nice.

Yeah the town is lovely and the clinic also nice. Not just nice but it also has a lot of character because of the building it is in. I went to another clinic of a doctor on here and I wasn't as impressed. I will see what I can do when I get out there! I may actually have pictures of the town already to be honest. It is also very close to Europe's largest waterfall (one stop away on the train).

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Congratulation! results look great. You have hair characteristics similar to mine I see, kinda wavy,  Dont you style your hair somehow? I usually straighten it and use some hair cream.

Im very interested to see more photos as well when you get them, hairline, scar, etc.

Anyway, you look like a different person for sure, good to hear you are happy.

Edited by karatekid

2 hours ago, Legend007 said:

Man trix , that looks really good .. they covered ur whole head with that amount of grafts is impressive .. congrats man :) I think u be good for along while. 

Thanks Legend and good to see you back! Yeah I am impressed. The crown does need more work on it and I am looking at a second transplant which I have Skyped with the clinic about but really, needs to be done in person. I just need to wait for travel restrictions to be lifted first. My hair helps give the illusion of density too as it is thick and wavy/curly. Overall I am very pleased though.

1 hour ago, karatekid said:

Congratulation! results look great. You have hair characteristics similar to mine I see, kinda wavy,  Dont you style your hair somehow? I usually straighten it and use some hair cream.

Im very interested to see more photos as well when you get them, hairline, scar, etc.

Anyway, you look like a different person for sure, good to hear you are happy.

Thanks! No, I never style it to be honest. I am too lazy truth be told. Maybe I should though.......

I will definitely post more pics when I get out there after I can fly again. I have found some of the clinic and another older one of my hair pre-surgery.I will post them in a few mins. Not what you want though (just yet)

Thanks for this review. It's also great to hear that you were a "slow grower" but clearly have excellent results at the 9-month mark. As a reference to your "slow-grower" comment - do you have any pics at the 3/4/5 or 6 month marks? 

I haven't seen that many posters who have great 9-month results who didn't also look great at the 5 or 6 month mark, so I'd love to see where you stood to compare!

Thanks

2 hours ago, HisHairness said:

Thanks for this review. It's also great to hear that you were a "slow grower" but clearly have excellent results at the 9-month mark. As a reference to your "slow-grower" comment - do you have any pics at the 3/4/5 or 6 month marks? 

I haven't seen that many posters who have great 9-month results who didn't also look great at the 5 or 6 month mark, so I'd love to see where you stood to compare!

Thanks

Thanks for the feedback. I only have a picture from not quite 5 months (4 months 3 weeks maybe?). Happy to share if you like? It is just one though and I can't find any more from around that time period. I do remember thinking at around the 6 month mark period though that I am behind from where I should be.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1