Is it possible to get my original hairline back (photos attached)?

My hairline receded about 2-3 inches and have been on the fence on getting a transplant for the last 5 years.  I noticed that many "successful" transplant still had the hairline 1-2 inches "higher" than the where the orginal hairline would be.  I was thinking in 5 years time... this would be fixed.  

I noticed that its still an issue to this very day.  I am trying find a surgeon but am struggling to locate one that can decent work to get back my original hairline.  Any suggestions in USA/Canada?   How many grafts do you think I would need?  

I have attached photos of my "old" hairline vs what i have now. 

Im in my upper 30's.  I take finasteride and  monoxidil. Thank you. 

image0.jpg

image1.2.jpg

image3.2.jpg

image4.2.jpg

image5.jpg

image8.jpg

Edited by Singhair83
added more photos

from what I see, it is not just a matter of hairline. you lost lateral humps and temporal peaks. 
lateral humps and temporal peaks give you the "fullness" appearance. If you want to rebuild tour original hairline, you need a super skilled surgeon.

You've only shown photos of your front.  From that angle it seems you have a full set of hair elsewhere.  If so, an ethical doctor would never add grafts.

It is important to remember - the past is gone but the future is coming.  You may  have been maturing your hairline. What you currently have, it seems, is still rather juvenile.  enjoy it.  Don't make the mistake of lowering anything.  Two things,

Not sure if you have frown-lines.  If you do, and the doctor makes the mistake of adding grafts, the hairline will "move" every time you frown.  Second, you'll be 100 year old in a happy home but will look younger than everyone else.  You'll look out of place and everyone will know something is up.

• Thanks 1

I dont think that you have mentioned your age or if you use any hair loss preventative medicine. What is your family hair loss history?

All of this will factor into what is the most appropriate approach for you.

I would suggest to forget your hairline of your early 20´s. That is not the goal of hair restoration surgery. To mimic your 20`s. The goal is to plan appropriately considering many factors to ensure the best long term situation for the patient and achieve a natural and undetectable result. Achieving your original hairline would use a significant amount of grafts. Then with further loss behind this and into your crown/lower crown in future years, would this juvenile (beautiful, but juvenile) hairline look natural? The answer is no.

Without knowing your particulars, could you improve, strengthen and restore your hairline? Absolutely. But select a surgeon that will plan appropriately with your long term wellbeing as the priority.

Realistic expectations are essential for each and every patient.

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Additional photos added in the first post.  I am in my upper 30's and I take finesteride and monoxidil. 

What I have drawn is a basically somewhat I am looking for.  Is this asking for too much?  I just drew a "straight line" to roughly highlight where i would want my hairline to be and not exactly the shape I want done.  

image4.3.jpg

image2.2.jpg

Edited by Singhair83

Your hair in general looks great.

Choose a quality surgeon and restore your hairline to an appropriate placement and design. The fact that your take medications will help you retain native hair. Considering you are pushing 40 you appear to be a great candidate if YOUR EXPECTATIONS ARE REALISTIC.

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

54 minutes ago, Singhair83 said:

Additional photos added in the first post.  I am in my upper 30's and I take finesteride and monoxidil. 

What I have drawn is a basically somewhat I am looking for.  Is this asking for too much?  I just drew a "straight line" to roughly highlight where i would want my hairline to be and not exactly the shape I want done.  

image4.3.jpg

image2.2.jpg

lol.  That hairline is insane. Maybe something more like this:

image.jpg.7bd87de68946385f7d51c220cce469c6.jpgimage2.jpg.89bb2894b2dbeb0db5a1d2d923b55a0b.jpg

• Haha 2

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

1 hour ago, Singhair83 said:

image4.3.jpg

image2.2.jpg

🤣🤣🤣

When you plan your hairline consider the height should be between 7cm and 10cm from the glabella, thats the centre point up over your nose between your 2 eyes .  When you and your surgeon decide the most appropriate height from there up on your forehead, you will also have to factor in  that your temporal peak areas will also need reconstruction.  The lower the hairline obviously the more grafts. When the doctor shows you the line he has drawn in the mirror you will be looking at a 2D image due to asymmetry of the skull, as it is distorted from a 3D image of the doctor. That's why its s a design that should only be done by a highly experienced doctor as it will be your look for the rest of your life. 

Paddy

IMHO, it would demand so much of your donor, what will you have left as MPB continues to progress?

You're still young and as we all get older, a more age appropriate mature hairline is what looks the best.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY