Help on choosing the surgeon

I think in the case of @dredd77 by all accounts the doctor did right by him. He followed up with a second procedure and offered to send him to a dermatologist. I didn’t like the way the rep was behaving in that thread though. It was very unprofessional. He was blaming the patient and practically accusing him of sabotaging his own poor results. It is definitely possible that the results were due to his physiology but the rep should understand that after everything @dredd77 went thru of course he was gonna be unhappy and vent his frustrations. All the rep should have done was state the support the doctor offered him and take the L and move on.

I fully agree with @Sam818 when you said that Dr. Pekiner approached a subpar result ethically by offering a free surgery and wanting to pay for a dermatologist consultation that the patient refused. 

As patient of Dr. Pekiner it saddens me that his reputation as a surgeon is suffering due to his rep poor CRM skills and giving discounts to use his patients blurred pictures however he wants. 

It’s also discomforting to know that HRN is no longer allowing topics about Dr. Pekiner which means no patients can post results so basically he is now banned/censored from HRN when he clearly behaved ethically when confronted with a subpar result.

I found a thread posted by @dust78 showing he has been overharvested by ASMED (a Turkish clinic recommended by HRN) and that ASMED not only refused to admit any wrong doing but also told @dust78 to talk with their lawyers when he confronted ASMED. 
Therefore, as patient of Pekiner with no complaints thus far it’s very hard for me to understand how ASMED is recommended by HRN but Pekiner who actually behaved ethically when confronted with a similar situation is now banned from HRN...

@Cristero you won’t be able to post your results from Dr. Pekiner because as @Melvin-Moderator explained to you “HRN is no longer hosting topics discussing this surgeon cause of his questionable ethics”. 

@Cristero I do wish you all the best with your surgery and even though I’m just 2 months post-op I can tell you I had a good HT experience, immediate recovery and so far results are on track.  

Edited by Portugal25

• Administrators

@Portugal25 

I explained in great detail over PM why we don’t host topics concerning this doctor, and yes it has to do with his ethics. Your thread is still open, but moving forward we are no longer hosting discussions regarding this surgeon, as I mentioned there are rules, and consequences when rules are broken. If consequences didn’t exist; rules would be worthless.

He only wanted to join to have @dredd77 negative review taken down and when the review wasn’t taken down, he resorted to incentivizing patients to post here and game the system, to market himself. Sorry, but we won’t stand for that here, we’ve never been approached by Dr. Erdogan to remove any threads. Thus far, he’s stood by his patients. If something changes, he will be removed, you can count on it.

Anyways, this member has made up his mind, and I wish him luck. Hope he gets a good result. 

Best wishes

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I will probably post my brief opinion about the surgery, without pictures if that's allowed.

And I agree with everyone saying that the doc behaved ethically.

I hope you guys here don't advise people on this forum going to Asmed anymore. The results I've seen recently are seriously embarrassing.

I respect the board rules, but I don't see an ethics question when incentivizing someone to share their story online. For many people, HT surgery is something they DON'T want to publicize. There are countless questions about how to hide the procedure, in fact. Now, if Pekiner posted pics with fibers or photoshopped results, that would be an ethics thing to me. But to give a discount for using blurred photos, which I would opt for, that seems rather innocent.

Perhaps if the poster added something like "I was given a discount to publish my story" would be better? Honestly, as long as the story is honest and photos are untouched, that's good content to me. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, baldblonde said:

I was set on Pekiner a month ago, but now I'm confused....

I will let you know how my experience will go. I don't think you have anything to be afraid of.

As a FYI, Ximena Vila told me she refuses to proceed to surgery if I'm not taking finasteride 10 months prior. Hoping one day surgeons will stop with this nonsense.

17 hours ago, baldblonde said:

I was set on Pekiner a month ago, but now I'm confused....

@baldblonde if you are confused because you agree with @Melvin-Moderator that a Doctor that gives discounts to use your blurred pictures and insisted with HRN to delete @dredd77 thread with a subpar result (even though he offered that patient a free repair HT and wanted to pay for a dermatology consultation that the patient refused) is unethical then ofcourse you should go another Doctor.

As @Cristero Informed you he also saw real patient results like I did from the several English forums, Italian forum, german forum, french forum and Turkish forum. After seeing more than 60 patient results I myself found that there is only subpar result from Pekiner and that @dredd77 posted his subpar results in pretty much all forums worldwide (except the Italian because they stupidly censor results there) showing everyone in the world how Pekiner behaved in this difficult situation that basically separates who’s a ethical good Doctor from non ethical one.
Even the best Doctors in the world have had bad results but it’s how they behaved towards the patient faced with that situation that separates the good and ethical from the bad and unethical Doctors. 

@Cristero you won’t be able to post your results from Dr. Pekiner because like @Melvin-Moderator told you HRN is no longer hosting posts about Pekiner (he’s banned/censured).
Let me know in which uncensored forum you will be posting your real patient results from Dr. Pekiner so I can follow them. Thanks

Edited by Portugal25

• Administrators

@Portugal25 

Probably where the doctors rep works, conveniently, and where @dredd77 thread got removed. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

1 hour ago, Portugal25 said:

@baldblonde if you are confused because you agree with @Melvin-Moderator that a Doctor that gives discounts to use your blurred pictures and insisted with HRN to delete @dredd77 thread with a subpar result (even though he offered that patient a free repair HT and wanted to pay for a dermatology consultation that the patient refused) is unethical then ofcourse you should go another Doctor.

He did not want to pay for a dermatology consultation for me, why are you telling this? And who told you so?

Exact words were "Perhaps you should come to Turkey to visit dermatologist". And after that were many words about "Russian ungrateful mentality", what a bad person I am publishing report and so on. I did not want to continue after her mentioning the nationality.

If it is a desire to pay for my visit to a dermatologist - ok :)

Edited by dredd77

• Administrators

Guys, 

I agree with OP, he’s made his decision and is aware of our policies, these are the consequences, and if you have a problem with it, send me a PM. We wish him the best.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

View my thread

On 2/28/2020 at 2:54 PM, Cristero said:

I will let you know how my experience will go. I don't think you have anything to be afraid of.

As a FYI, Ximena Vila told me she refuses to proceed to surgery if I'm not taking finasteride 10 months prior. Hoping one day surgeons will stop with this nonsense.

That´s a pity, she could have been a great choice. Did you tell her you would take whole responsibility on the final result for not taking Finas?

No, but her assistant sent me an email, after I told them I booked with another surgeon, saying they felt the urge to warn me that surgery is pointless if I don't take finasteride.

As finasteride is the solution to all the AGA, which we clearly know it isn't. 

As an FYI, if someone is considering him, De Freitas finally replied to me, quoting me for 1400 grafts for the crown, but he wouldn't touch the temples. But, as many of his colleagues, he doesn't proceed to surgery if you are not on fiansteride.

On a side note, I forgot to mention I met Dr Pradeep Sethi here in NYC on Sunday and he strongly disagree with surgeons not proceeding to surgery if you're not on finasteride. Especially in cases like mine, with above average donor area, he said it's stupid. He told me he could have extracted easily 6000/7000 grafts without being noticeable on my donor.

Take him in consideration if you're not willing to get castrated with finasteride.