Jump to content

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, yesplease said:

Man, I’m not trying to be mean, but the scarring is pretty apparent ... recipient looks good, though. 

Yeah but bro tbh its early days rn and i got that haircut 0 faded on the same day i took that pic, i usually get a 1 guard up to 2 and its barley noticable

Its the trade off with fue, but id rather this than a linear scar on the back of my head, would never be able to hide it unless the sides were pre long

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey guys, so it was my 3 months on the 9th. Its the 18th today so just a lil over. Heres an update.   Shock loss has stablized, a lot of natives coming back and also some transplanted hairs

We’ve spoken to the clinic and they have agreed to accept our terms. We expect all of our reviews from this point forward to be without financial incentives. 

I already asked, but you didn't reply. Do you have other pre-op pics? I find it very hard to tell how much density you had to start off with, because in Pekiner's pre-op pics your hair is pinned back.

Posted Images

2 hours ago, yesplease said:

Man, I’m not trying to be mean, but the scarring is pretty apparent ... recipient looks good, though. 

personally, I dont think it looks bad at all. All hair transplants, even FUE, leave scarring. It's more apparent with people that have light skin and dark hair as OP (I should know, I have the same issue). I bet you at a 2 guard not anyone would notice scarring. He did a 0 at the bottom so its def going to show. With that said, I bet most people on the street wouldnt even notice

 

@Guano, what size punch did pekiner use?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Guano said:

Heres the photo of the back, best i could get..

Snapchat-535366852.jpg

I’d like to see how the scars would look like with a number one on the sides and back or even a 0.5.

you have a similar skin/hair contrast to myself and I also get the same haircut 😄.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow you are really bringing it in short in these cuts. I’m on a similar timeline with FUE on Feb 12, and I’m not comfortable going lower than a four guard right now. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/16/2020 at 7:13 AM, yesplease said:

Man, I’m not trying to be mean, but the scarring is pretty apparent ... recipient looks good, though. 

Some of the holes do look a little obvious. What is the tool size used? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/19/2020 at 4:01 AM, Cardin1977 said:

Some of the holes do look a little obvious. What is the tool size used? 

 

On 5/17/2020 at 6:36 AM, Tentpole91 said:

Wow you are really bringing it in short in these cuts. I’m on a similar timeline with FUE on Feb 12, and I’m not comfortable going lower than a four guard right now. 

 

On 5/16/2020 at 7:26 PM, Min12 said:

I’d like to see how the scars would look like with a number one on the sides and back or even a 0.5.

you have a similar skin/hair contrast to myself and I also get the same haircut 😄.

 

On 5/16/2020 at 6:11 PM, HTHope said:

personally, I dont think it looks bad at all. All hair transplants, even FUE, leave scarring. It's more apparent with people that have light skin and dark hair as OP (I should know, I have the same issue). I bet you at a 2 guard not anyone would notice scarring. He did a 0 at the bottom so its def going to show. With that said, I bet most people on the street wouldnt even notice

 

@Guano, what size punch did pekiner use?

Heres a photo taken today which is a couple days later, i'd say its been a 0.5 to a 1 guard now and its under harsh lighting.. to me it looks pretty well blended in

Snapchat-1578012876.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...

Heres an update, it was 5 months yesterday.

I'm a bit worried as its looking very bare at the moment, does not look anything near 1500 grafts at the moment, feels more like 500? 

Starting to have some serious doubts about the transplant.. 

20200617_120228.jpg

20200617_115846.jpg

20200617_115856.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, giegnosiganoe said:

Do you have before pics from similar angles and lighting to compare?

Like before my transplant?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Guano said:

Like before my transplant?

Yeah. I find it hard to compare the current pics with the ones that the clinic took, since they pulled your hair back. Do you think all or your native hairs have grown back?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Guano said:

Heres an update, it was 5 months yesterday.

I'm a bit worried as its looking very bare at the moment, does not look anything near 1500 grafts at the moment, feels more like 500? 

Starting to have some serious doubts about the transplant.. 

20200617_120228.jpg

20200617_115846.jpg

20200617_115856.jpg

No offense but photos of a hair transplant in this incredibly harsh bathroom lighting is worthless and only forces a bad looking result. My result would look terrible in this lighting too. Virtually 99% of hair transplant patients would have a bad result under this lighting.

Take photos from slightly further away firstly as (almost) no one is going to ever see you from this close up, secondly only take photos in regular lighting as you'd have in the kitchen or sunlight, not directly under harsh bathroom light. 

I'm going to guess it would look decent for 5 months at a normal angle/distance and in normal lighting.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree ☝️.. and also 4-6 months is when it starts I’m sure it will improve in the next couple of months. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/17/2020 at 1:54 PM, JayLDD said:

No offense but photos of a hair transplant in this incredibly harsh bathroom lighting is worthless and only forces a bad looking result. My result would look terrible in this lighting too. Virtually 99% of hair transplant patients would have a bad result under this lighting.

Take photos from slightly further away firstly as (almost) no one is going to ever see you from this close up, secondly only take photos in regular lighting as you'd have in the kitchen or sunlight, not directly under harsh bathroom light. 

I'm going to guess it would look decent for 5 months at a normal angle/distance and in normal lighting.

 

I agree but It wasn't my intention for to make the transplant look bad, I exposed it in order to show the scalp clearly so you can compare the number of grafts implanted vs what is there. 

 

With regards to other lighting i.e. outside, in the office, at the bar, the transplant is still very bare and it definitely needs toppik to cover it up. My only question is, will there be more folicular sprouts?

 

I will try and provide you with some photos under different lighting conditions soon.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/17/2020 at 2:11 PM, Tbcruz said:

I agree ☝️.. and also 4-6 months is when it starts I’m sure it will improve in the next couple of months. 

 

Yeah man, comparatively it has improved a lot from 3 months. Maybe I just need to give it time, but I had a look at your first transplant and it had me worried - what if mine goes down the same path as yours? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/19/2020 at 11:54 PM, Guano said:

 

Yeah man, comparatively it has improved a lot from 3 months. Maybe I just need to give it time, but I had a look at your first transplant and it had me worried - what if mine goes down the same path as yours? 

I don’t think it will honestly. If you look at most hts they all begin to take shape 4-6 months . 4months being early growers and 6months being late growers. I’m just as worried with my second ht.. but I have to keep reminding myself it’s still to early. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Tbcruz said:

I don’t think it will honestly. If you look at most hts they all begin to take shape 4-6 months . 4months being early growers and 6months being late growers. I’m just as worried with my second ht.. but I have to keep reminding myself it’s still to early. 

 

You're right dude, I guess since it is my first transplant I wasn't sure what to expect. But I ended up reading a post Dr Bloxham had made with reference to maturation and popping, popping was the thing I was more concerned about as the follicles seemed to be dug under the scalp therefore making it look more bare, but as the days are passing by i'm starting to see more thin and light hairs punching through which seems to be promising.

 

Can't say with 100% what it's going to be but I guess it's too early to make a judgement, I'll keep you guys posted. Btw, your transplants looking pre solid so far!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey! I wouldn't worry since is still soon. Some people get it early, others later. I think at 9 months you will have a better and more final result.  Being pekiner probably at 8 or 7th. Any update?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

Sorry for the late one. It's been just a little over 7 months now and there are very thin areas, I can't even go outside now without applying toppik - even under non harsh lighting it's still very see through.

 

I took a photo just under natural lighting and you can see how thin it looks, haven't had any major improvements since month 6. Feeling like i'm in worse position than I was before the transplant...

 

 

Screenshot_20200901-111531_Snapchat.jpg

Screenshot_20200901-111547_Snapchat.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Guanohave shown your latest photos to Dr. Pekiner? If so what was his response? 

It would be great if you could post a image of your frontal hairline before the surgery so we can understand the difference.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

@Portugal25 @giegnosiganoe 

 

I tried to find the best photos I could that show the previous hair in it's previous condition. I am aware some of the photos aren't that exposed to hairline but you get a general sense of what I was working with. The hairline wasn't the greatest but I had a classic "M" shape with tons in the middle to work with. 

 

I showed his assistant Alex, he thinks that its a shedding from the minox interruption which has made me start below zero and that I should look for tiny hairs which will thicken up in the coming months. However, I can't seem to find any! literally my scalp looks bare as hell and i'm regretting going in for a transplant in the first place, I've literally hit rock bottom and given up hope. 

 

However, I can't seem to find any! my scalp looks bare and I have shotgun holes in the back of my head for nothing.. literally have hit rock bottom..

 

 

 

Screenshot_20200904-112706_Messenger.jpg

Screenshot_20200904-112749_Messenger.jpg

Screenshot_20200904-112820_Messenger.jpg

Screenshot_20200904-112837_Messenger.jpg

Screenshot_20200904-112908_Snapchat.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

What was meant to be a simple procedure given the nature of my hair loss has now turned into a nightmare, can't even go out now without putting on some sort of concealer :/ it really sucks..

Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s hard to compare since the lighting and length of hair is so different. Try to remain patient, hopefully things turn around. I know it’s an anxiety provoking time but all u can do is stick to ur meds and try to wait things out. 1500 grafts is nothing in the grand scheme of things and you likely have a lot left for a touch up if needed.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@LonelyGraft

 

Yeah unfortunately I couldn't find anything which was as up close exposing the hairline even with the photos I sent initially to Pekiner are all with the hair pulled back. But its a shit feeling knowing that you've taken 2 steps back and are now in a worser position after spending all that time and money.. even so knowing that now I wont have the financial resources to go for another HT anytime soon..  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...