This is the plan HT doc drew- operation in turkey april

Hello everyone,

25 years old not on any meds. I have tried minox and it was okay but I hated the flakes and couldn’t tolerate the itching. I also went on fin for 4 months and stopped because i didn’t like the sides. 
I’m in graduate school and will have time to get a HT this spring. 
I have talked to several cheap hair “mills” and decided on this one which isn’t well known around this forum, it’s also what I could afford. 
anyway I wanted to know 

1) is this reasonable ? I care much more about my crown than hairline. 
2) I don’t plan on getting on fin and I am willing to get another HT in 3 years or so. would I need one sooner? 

I do understand that these mills aren’t the best quality. Honestly, money is tight rn and my confidence is rock bottom. I keep telling myself if anything goes wrong I’ll just buzz my hair which I have done in the past and it’s not a bad look.

340D270C-880D-45E2-803A-58901107250F.jpeg

Don’t go to an unknown doctor in Turkey or anywhere. A bad hair transplant is much worse than naturally balding. You said money is tight right now so your budget shopping for a procedure that’s going to effect the rest of your life. Think about that. Either save up the money and go to an ethical doctor that does good work or buzz your head now since you said you like the way it looks, work out and you’ll see your confidence improve. If you are dead set on doing this procedure than take out a loan so you can go to a great doctor. People take out loans for stupid material things all the time but like I said this procedure will affect the rest of your life. And just so we’re clear, if you end up with a bad hair transplant the solution is not as simple as buzzing your head. You WILL have scars on the back of your head and on top where the hairs didn’t grow. You were smart enough to seek advice on here be smart enough to listen. Be careful and do more research. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Aftermath said:

That hairline looks way too flat and broad to cover with that many grafts and have look dense. Also I second the post above, a bad hair transplant from a hair mill will look much worse than balding 

I don't think it is the HL design.
the doc is just showing how many grafts he is going to insert in that areas

59 minutes ago, duchaine said:

I don't think it is the HL design.
the doc is just showing how many grafts he is going to insert in that areas

Yeah, and it’s impossible to tel with that angle if it’s flat. 
-dr caglar 

the fact they showed me this is the reason I’m choosing them. The most important restoration is the crown for me and some clinics said medical management. 

• Administrators

Honestly, the plan isn't very good at all. You aren't on meds, so you may suffer from shock loss. You have a high degree of miniaturization throughout your entire scalp. You are much better off trying to retain your hair, than getting a hair transplant. Also, 900 grafts to the crown will do nothing, you will have a net gain. I suggest get on minoxidil and microneedling for at least a year, then revisit the idea. Lastly, save money, so you don't let your budget make your choice, let the results steer your decision. 

• Like 5

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

2 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Honestly, the plan isn't very good at all. You aren't on meds, so you may suffer from shock loss. You have a high degree of miniaturization throughout your entire scalp. You are much better off trying to retain your hair, than getting a hair transplant. Also, 900 grafts to the crown will do nothing, you will have a net gain. I suggest get on minoxidil and microneedling for at least a year, then revisit the idea. Lastly, save money, so you don't let your budget make your choice, let the results steer your decision. 

I kinda already booked my flight for end of March/April.

i have read countless posts and I respect your opinion a lot and this is why I’m getting antsy. i wish I posted here before booking. 

i feel like I’m willing to try the meds after the hair transplant. I understand I will continue to lose and I am more than willing to go again, my financial situation will change after I graduate med school. 

ill be 26 by the time of the surgery and I won’t really have time go for a ht for the next 3 years. 

what should I do?!?!?

i attached more photos with longer hair. I’m pretty sure I was on minox daily when these were taken. This is about a year ago.

0B2B7D1D-2B8B-4FFF-959E-6CA033BD0050.jpeg

67146D1A-584B-4CF4-9403-EBC715397780.jpeg

• Administrators

DO NOT RUSH! Cancel the booking if need be, spend some time on the forum. I really think you’d be disappointed if you rush and end up looking the same or worse. Microneedling and minoxidil have been proven to work on this forum. Check out @CosmoKramer thread. The most important thing is your not rushing into surgery.

Make sure you’re not just going to any nameless hair mill in Turkey, just cause they promise you x amount of grafts for a couple grand. I’d like to see you give the treatment a real chance first. 

• Like 4

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

7 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

DO NOT RUSH! Cancel the booking if need be, spend some time on the forum. I really think you’d be disappointed if you rush and end up looking the same or worse. Microneedling and minoxidil have been proven to work on this forum. Check out @CosmoKramer thread. The most important thing is your not rushing into surgery.

Make sure you’re not just going to any nameless hair mill in Turkey, just cause they promise you x amount of grafts for a couple grand. I’d like to see you give the treatment a real chance first. 

The thing is Melvin, I have seen a lot of amazing results from people younger than me on here. I agree with you in a perfect world that I’d wait until the age of 40! But it’s affecting my confidence. 
I have made peace with the worst outcome and I’d be willing to buzz all my hair and get an smp if all turns out bad. 
also, although the clinic is a Noname, I have been following them on Instagram and I have seen some great results. 
clinic: cosmeticium dr. Caglar , dhi procedure.

• Sad 1

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, Superslim11 said:

The thing is Melvin, I have seen a lot of amazing results from people younger than me on here. I agree with you in a perfect world that I’d wait until the age of 40! But it’s affecting my confidence. 
I have made peace with the worst outcome and I’d be willing to buzz all my hair and get an smp if all turns out bad. 
also, although the clinic is a Noname, I have been following them on Instagram and I have seen some great results. 
clinic: cosmeticium dr. Caglar , dhi procedure.

Listen, I get it. Trust me, watch my journey. I was around your age when I was going bald so I know. I’m not saying wait until you’re 40. I’m simply saying, give treatment a shot, at least for a year. In the meantime, research clinics based on actual patient reviews, not an Instagram account. Any clinic can look like a rock star on Instagram.

Lastly, check out the video I made on @Glam Hair who almost died going to a no name Turkish clinic.  I got nothing to gain, I’m just telling you the truth. We don’t sell hair transplants , we educate patients. Trust me, your gut is telling you something here.

• Like 3

View my thread

18 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Listen, I get it. Trust me, watch my journey. I was around your age when I was going bald so I know. I’m not saying wait until you’re 40. I’m simply saying, give treatment a shot, at least for a year. In the meantime, research clinics based on actual patient reviews, not an Instagram account. Any clinic can look like a rock star on Instagram.

Lastly, check out the video I made on @Glam Hair who almost died going to a no name Turkish clinic.  I got nothing to gain, I’m just telling you the truth. We don’t sell hair transplants , we educate patients. Trust me, your gut is telling you something here.

Watched all those videos along with your journey. I have been doing research the past 6 months. 
I have watched two separate YouTube vlogs on this clinic. 

f*** I respect your opinion man. However my mind is set on a HT this spring. How about I compromise with you and change clinics? I’ll inc my budget to 3-4k. Do you recommend any certain clinics in Istanbul in the range ? Or you’re still not recommending I get a Ht.
No refund on the plane tickets.

Edited by Superslim11

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, Superslim11 said:

Watched all those videos along with your journey. I have been doing research the past 6 months. 
I have watched two separate YouTube vlogs on this clinic. 

f*** I respect your opinion man. However my mind is set on a HT this spring. How about I compromise with you and change clinics? I’ll inc my budget to 3-4k. Do you recommend any certain clinics in Istanbul in the range ? Or you’re still not recommending I get a Ht.
No refund on the plane tickets.

The thing is man, it’s not about compromising with me, it’s about doing what’s best for you. There is a saying “there’s more time than life” remember this is your head we’re talking about, not a new car. Just think about it, that’s all I'm saying. 

• Like 3

View my thread

I agree with what @Melvin-Moderator is recommending, grafts are like gold you don’t want to rush a procedure to have some fail and die. I was on and off for around 15 years with Minoxidil with little to no results...until I combined it with microneedling, and if you are on Finasteride and Nizoral then you could possibly get some very good progress in 6months.

Dont be afraid or embarrassed to cancel on the clinic, its common, and if you feel compelled to go forward with the HT just because you can’t get a refund on an airline ticket then that’s not good rational either, see if you can reschedule with the airline maybe for a vacation.

Ive seen a vlog from a guy on YouTube of the clinic you mentioned and his results look okay, I’m not impressed with their hairlines as they look unnatural IMHO, and he had to go back to them for a 2nd HT just to be happy with it.

16 minutes ago, karatekid said:

Lol why you even argue with him, you told him he is making a mistake but he insists. I dont see a point to keep pushing.

No ones arguing...everyone’s just giving advice.

The same can be said of you on why you kept pushing on asking others opinions on the reasoning of why a doctor turned you down on the FUT, the doctor gave you his answer but you kept asking. That’s fine but don’t point fingers it looks hypocritical.

Edited by CosmoKramer

9 minutes ago, CosmoKramer said:

The same can be said of you on why you kept pushing on asking others opinions on the reasoning of why a doctor turned you down on the FUT, the doctor gave you his answer but you kept asking. That’s fine but don’t point fingers it looks hypocritical.

I really appreciate this and will think hard about it. 
the airline thing I can just use it as a vacation. I wanted to upload the most recent photos here. 
I also contacted demirosy just to see what they say. 
I will kee you guys informed! I really appreciate your comments guys! 

1A9E7A16-2168-443C-9F8F-8EDC7A16A97A.jpeg

854209BF-9E72-4E8A-8819-5019BDD13D39.jpeg

D56638AC-A892-4B0A-AB27-C4777AAA6624.jpeg

03BF8C95-2E93-4DAF-9C3F-C37123E46E30.jpeg

093EAEED-67DA-4A64-B86C-4FF8274DF108.jpeg

• Like 1

You’re welcome man!

Yeah, if you use the paid plane tickets as a vacation then do so...the hotels are top notch and not expensive and you can even book in person consultations with docs while there just to get an realistic idea.

Good luck

ps: your donor looks good IMO although your crown miniaturization looks to be getting lower in horse-shoe form.

Edited by CosmoKramer

31 minutes ago, CosmoKramer said:

lmao you seriuos? you make zero sense, there is absolutly nothing to compare here. I ask a question and want to get answer and people opinions, I dont reject or dismiss them, I accept them if they make sense to me, and if not I ask for clarify or further explanation. the doctor gave me answer but it wasnt clear, I ask how people here understand this. I got answer and didnt kept asking, I said 'ok it might be' and that's it. its just simple discussion.   In this case, this guy KNOWS those cheap hair mills are highly not recommended (even before he open the thread), also everybody tells him here he can get really bad results, but he says he understands this and still choose to do it. which by the way I dont think it is necesserily bad, if someone takes all factors into consideration and make a choice while knowing all risks then it's perfectly fine.

There is a big difference between informing someone with new knowledge, to just keep telling them the same thing with a hope it will sink somewhen and change his mind.

You need to work on your logic because it sound like it's very low by this comment. I suggest you read again my thread and this one and find the differences.

Edited by karatekid

2 minutes ago, karatekid said:

lmao you seriuos? you make zero sense, there is absolutly nothing to compare here. I ask a question and want to get answer and people opinions, I dont reject or dismiss them, I accept them if they make sense to me, and if not I ask for calrify or further explanation. its just simple discussion.   In this case, this guy KNOWS those cheap hair mills are highly not recommended (even before he open the thread), also everybody tells him here he can get really bad results, but he says he understands this and still choose to do it. which by the way I dont think it is necesserily bad, if someone takes all factors into consideration and make a choice while knowing all risks then it's perfectly fine.

There is a big difference between informing someone with new knowledge, to just keep telling them the same thing with a hope it will sink somewhen and change his mind.

You need to work on your logic because it sound like it's very low by this comment.

My logic is perfectly fine, I question yours...why are you commenting on a thread criticizing others for commenting, who are you the comment police???...that’s lame and hypocritically hilarious, who forced you to read this thread and get annoyed and make a comment there genius?? Lmao!!

You were given an answer by the doctor on your thread of wanting an FUT but didn’t accept it and asked for opinions and comments, and you talked about a video of your donor but you don’t post it...but still want opinions, that’s ridiculous.

I partly agree with the rest of your dribble, yes, if someone knows the pros and cons and are given reasonable advice and they still go forward then they have to accept the consequences.

17 minutes ago, CosmoKramer said:

My logic is perfectly fine, I question yours...why are you commenting on a thread criticizing others for commenting, who are you the comment police???...that’s lame and hypocritically hilarious, who forced you to read this thread and get annoyed and make a comment there genius?? Lmao!!

You were given an answer by the doctor on your thread of wanting an FUT but didn’t accept it and asked for opinions and comments, and you talked about a video of your donor but you don’t post it...but still want opinions, that’s ridiculous.

I partly agree with the rest of your dribble, yes, if someone knows the pros and cons and are given reasonable advice and they still go forward then they have to accept the consequences.

Sorry, still no sense. I didnt "didn’t accept" the answer, I didn't understand it (because it is really unclear, the fact that other knowledgable members here werent sure support it). And yes also I was frutstrated and just kinda vent, but if you read it again you will see that it's not about acceptance. so that's one.

And yes I talked about a video of scalp laxity, I didnt post it to keep myself annonymous. I understand this might be easier for other to make more informed comment if I posted it, but still choose to keep my face annonymous. People can still have opinions, relying on other facts and experience, and second I posted the exact doctor response, and this was the point eventually. Please I want to know what is so ridiculous about that?

Anyway, although your comments dont make real sense, I dont think it's because you are illogical as a person, but because you just getting emotional and triggered by some innocent comment I made, as I can see from your first lines here.  Im not a police, I just read this thread, and this was my opinion (as I explained it)  and I wrote it in short comment, I didnt blame people or throwed insults.  There was no problem if you just said "Ye he insists but I think we need to try harder to change his mind for his own good".  But you had the urge to try to make it about me rather than solely about my comment, so you push here my thread which is has nothing to do, no similarities. and you call me hypocrite which also makes no sense.

Edited by karatekid

Dude, my point is whom are YOU to comment on comments on someone else’s thread, it makes total sense you just refuse to accept it.

Like I said, no one was arguing with OP, people gave him their advise as did I, once, but you nonsensically think it’s arguing.

And the fact that OP just commented that he will think harder about it before jumping just negates your pompous presumptive comment and my reply wasn’t emotional, once again, whom are you to assume that??...Too bad so sad if you didn’t like me pointing out your hypocrisy.

If you want to be taken seriously stop trolling, others’ thread for the lame sake of trolling.