My SMP before and after, thoughts and plans for the future.

Hello everyone, 

I started to use this forum few months ago when I was looking for a solution to my hair loss and now i have to share my progress.

I am an Italian dude, I started to lose my hair when i was 21 more or less,  i wasn't that much bothered about it, then it  started to be really noticeable at 22, I tried Finasteride, RU, CB0301 and almost any sort of vitamins/supplement you can find on the internet, unfortunatly i got sides with Fin and antiandrogens in general, vitamins didn't worked as well as any supplement i've tried....

In June 2018 I started 5% Minoxidil twice a day, it was working so well that i regrow almost all my hair back, then, the effects, however, lasted  for 6 - 8 months and after 8 months i was already at baseline again, my dad is a NW5 at 52 y o, my grandpa instead was bald at 25,  I think i'll probably be a NW6-NW7 before 30 too...

Anyway, after months and months of research, i realized that Hair transplants aren't a viable solution for me as i'm young (24 now) and my hair genetics sucks :( 

Of course my confidence went down a lot, i've been so stressed out that I started to avoid social interactions, trying to pick up girls and on top of that  i had a sense of inferiority, because i felt like i had something less than others... The alopecia progressed and I decided i needed to stop blaming my genetics and that i had to do something because i wasn't living anymore, i was just surviving, waiting to die.

I started to browse the internet looking for alternative solutions other than HTs and i thought that maybe a SMP +  Low density FUE could have been a great solution.

In this forum i saw diffent pictures of different SMP Practitioners, I saw some great and natural results from a studio close to my city, I'm talking about Men's Ink Tricopigmentation.

I contacted them, they have great prices, amazing natural results on their Instagram page and the girl i talked with (Debora Cetrulo) was kind and  honest about the expectations I could have had and also her thoughts on my situation, I decided to book my first session in November.

My expectations were that even with SMP, i wouldn't have been able to accept my situation and  I was even scared that someone could spot my tatto.

This has been far from the truth, the SMP looks AMAZING, it's so realistic that i can't even tell where my native hair begins, most people ask me why I decided to shave my head as a fullhead :D

Confidence went up a lot and I finally feel happy about myself and i started to live my life again...

I found them thru this forum so i wanted to share my progress and thoughts with you... If you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask me whatever you want!

Here's the pics, here's 2 weeks worth of growth

1865715878_WhatsAppImage2019-10-17at12_39_45.thumb.jpeg.00b5008ac16e787efb7a2c3aab3daeba.jpeg

Here's instead is 1 day after shaving with the clipper, as you can see i had diffuse thinning on top with a NW3- NW4 pattern and some vertex balding

65195507_WhatsAppImage2020-01-20at16_32_17.thumb.jpeg.79c415d58ccef3edcb39342b205ff8e1.jpeg

Then here's the after

816387668_WhatsAppImage2020-01-20at16_32_18.thumb.jpeg.bd1a9866231b6c1ee3dd8a5df98bf4b1.jpeg597218414_WhatsAppImage2020-01-20at16_32.18(2).thumb.jpeg.543c4486d897cec16d986671775364c3.jpeg1205185321_WhatsAppImage2020-01-20at16_32.18(1).thumb.jpeg.2bca35e03ffd8d971da843f2d55f3b1d.jpeg

In my opinion this is one of the best results i saw online, for now i'm super happy, I'm just worried for the future as i love this look with 2-3 days worth of growth as it has the 3D effects and it is dark enough to fool people into believing that i still have all my native hair, so this is why i think my fight against hair loss is not ended yet, i think i'll undergo a low density hair transplant, maybe with a little bit of beard or body hair in general as i want to keep this lenght and i'm scared that after a HT my donor zone will look too depleted and different with such short hair, of course i'd do the SMP even in the donor zone but my opinion on SMP over scar tissue isn't clear yet...

For now i can't complain and i'd advice any of you guys to go for a SMP if you are wondering if it's the right choice for you...

Men's Ink is in Milan, Italy, but they also works in Spain sometimes, they have been the best IMO in terms of realisticity and they have fair prices compared to others famous brands :)

• Like 3

Wow results are amazing. I’m happy for you ! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Alex, I saw your photos in the mens-ink profile on Instagram, and they seem impressive.  I am more or less in your situation, I have some hair, but I have been using hair fibers for years to hide baldness, but I am tired of using the fibers, and I am thinking of shaving my head and doing micropigmentation with debora and mirko,  The problem is that I don't know how micropigmentation is natural, I've never seen anyone in person, and that makes me have doubts.  because I didn't plan on shaving my head to zero either.  if you could help me I would appreciate it very much

• 2 months later...
On 2/10/2020 at 9:34 AM, alexXx999 said:

Hello everyone, 

I started to use this forum few months ago when I was looking for a solution to my hair loss and now i have to share my progress.

I am an Italian dude, I started to lose my hair when i was 21 more or less,  i wasn't that much bothered about it, then it  started to be really noticeable at 22, I tried Finasteride, RU, CB0301 and almost any sort of vitamins/supplement you can find on the internet, unfortunatly i got sides with Fin and antiandrogens in general, vitamins didn't worked as well as any supplement i've tried....

In June 2018 I started 5% Minoxidil twice a day, it was working so well that i regrow almost all my hair back, then, the effects, however, lasted  for 6 - 8 months and after 8 months i was already at baseline again, my dad is a NW5 at 52 y o, my grandpa instead was bald at 25,  I think i'll probably be a NW6-NW7 before 30 too...

Anyway, after months and months of research, i realized that Hair transplants aren't a viable solution for me as i'm young (24 now) and my hair genetics sucks :( 

Of course my confidence went down a lot, i've been so stressed out that I started to avoid social interactions, trying to pick up girls and on top of that  i had a sense of inferiority, because i felt like i had something less than others... The alopecia progressed and I decided i needed to stop blaming my genetics and that i had to do something because i wasn't living anymore, i was just surviving, waiting to die.

I started to browse the internet looking for alternative solutions other than HTs and i thought that maybe a SMP +  Low density FUE could have been a great solution.

In this forum i saw diffent pictures of different SMP Practitioners, I saw some great and natural results from a studio close to my city, I'm talking about Men's Ink Tricopigmentation.

I contacted them, they have great prices, amazing natural results on their Instagram page and the girl i talked with (Debora Cetrulo) was kind and  honest about the expectations I could have had and also her thoughts on my situation, I decided to book my first session in November.

My expectations were that even with SMP, i wouldn't have been able to accept my situation and  I was even scared that someone could spot my tatto.

This has been far from the truth, the SMP looks AMAZING, it's so realistic that i can't even tell where my native hair begins, most people ask me why I decided to shave my head as a fullhead :D

Confidence went up a lot and I finally feel happy about myself and i started to live my life again...

I found them thru this forum so i wanted to share my progress and thoughts with you... If you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask me whatever you want!

1865715878_WhatsAppImage2019-10-17at12_39_45.thumb.jpeg.00b5008ac16e787efb7a2c3aab3daeba.jpeg

Here's instead is 1 day after shaving with the clipper, as you can see i had diffuse thinning on top with a NW3- NW4 pattern and some vertex balding

65195507_WhatsAppImage2020-01-20at16_32_17.thumb.jpeg.79c415d58ccef3edcb39342b205ff8e1.jpeg

Then here's the after

816387668_WhatsAppImage2020-01-20at16_32_18.thumb.jpeg.bd1a9866231b6c1ee3dd8a5df98bf4b1.jpeg597218414_WhatsAppImage2020-01-20at16_32.18(2).thumb.jpeg.543c4486d897cec16d986671775364c3.jpeg1205185321_WhatsAppImage2020-01-20at16_32.18(1).thumb.jpeg.2bca35e03ffd8d971da843f2d55f3b1d.jpeg

In my opinion this is one of the best results i saw online, for now i'm super happy, I'm just worried for the future as i love this look with 2-3 days worth of growth as it has the 3D effects and it is dark enough to fool people into believing that i still have all my native hair, so this is why i think my fight against hair loss is not ended yet, i think i'll undergo a low density hair transplant, maybe with a little bit of beard or body hair in general as i want to keep this lenght and i'm scared that after a HT my donor zone will look too depleted and different with such short hair, of course i'd do the SMP even in the donor zone but my opinion on SMP over scar tissue isn't clear yet...

For now i can't complain and i'd advice any of you guys to go for a SMP if you are wondering if it's the right choice for you...

Men's Ink is in Milan, Italy, but they also works in Spain sometimes, they have been the best IMO in terms of realisticity and they have fair prices compared to others famous brands :)

I think your scalp looked okay before your procedure but in the 'after' photo it looks simply amazing!  Your crown looks much more dense and your result looks so natural.

Are you able to shave with a regular disposable razor blade or would a razor blade possibly remove the ink?

• 2 months later...
On 2/10/2020 at 2:34 PM, alexXx999 said:

Hello everyone, 

Then here's the after

That actually looks incredible. I would never know that was SMP.

The duration of the ink is subjective, it depends on many factors (type of skin, exposure to the sun, etc.). On average it is necessary to do a touch-up every 2 years.

I am the owner of Men's Ink, providing permanent and temporary scalp micropigmentation services.

On 2/10/2020 at 8:04 PM, alexXx999 said:

Hello everyone, 

Then here's the after

Omg. That looks so nice. I am absolutely amazed by the result. 

Official representative of Eugenix Hair Sciences

Dr. Arika Bansal & Dr. Pradeep Sethi

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5crlGyTac2hlU1gHneADzQ

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/13/2020 at 6:34 AM, Gatsby said:

A great result. Research an SMP artist exactly as you would a prospective hair transplant surgeon. Congratulations!

Hey gatsby, who do you use for your amp and how long does it last in your scars? Your results are as good as this guys imo 

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor
5 hours ago, LonelyGraft said:

Hey gatsby, who do you use for your amp and how long does it last in your scars? Your results are as good as this guys imo 

Hey Lonely Graft. I did a lot of research initially as I would if I was going to have a hair transplant as I think I may have stated. In the end I went with SMP Australia. Caitlin James did my SMP and she had volumes of work over the years to show me covering men, women, HT scar camouflage, different forms of Alopeica, SMP for HT's requiring more visual density, people wishing to get rid of wearing hair pieces, etc. She travels O/S every year for conferences and has won many international awards, etc. Caitlin has also worked with a hair transplant surgeon for many years also so she has a great understanding of how hair should behave, even at a shaved look.

As to how long SMP last comes down to so many variables. After the final SMP, after a few days the results settle and look at their best at about the two week mark. They continue to look 'great' for up to six months (this is in hiding linear scars I should add). Over time linear scars tend to become slightly more visible (they attract the eye geometrically, where as old style large 'punch grafts' and current FUE scars remain hidden. The reason why over several years SMP fades (but still remains) is because the liver is constantly trying to break down the foreign material. It's also incredibly important to cover your scalp from the sun (as it can bleach down the look over time 'and' give you skin cancer). The type of ink and the range of pigments available also play a role. Most importantly it comes down to the person performing it. It's just like the hair transplant industry. I hope this helps. Take care!

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thank you guys, the SMP still looks good, It is just  a little bit lighter but it's normal and expected, I'll have to do a touch up in few months....

I'm looking for people with SMP + FUE  since i'll lose my native hair in the next couple years according to my family pattern, of course smp looks way better with some underlying texture as i have now, even if i lost the temples the few hairs that are there are giving the illusion of density AND some  texture.

• 2 weeks later...

We use permanent pigment in 95% of cases. The cost varies according to the size of the area to be treated, the maximum price is € 1450 (excluding hair transplant scars).

I am the owner of Men's Ink, providing permanent and temporary scalp micropigmentation services.

1 minute ago, MirkoMensInk said:

We use permanent pigment in 95% of cases. The cost varies according to the size of the area to be treated, the maximum price is € 1450 (excluding hair transplant scars).

Hi

I have a stretched FUT scar, how much would be that be? Very approximately. Like a typical cost is fine. Please PM me. Thanks 🙏 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/7/2020 at 6:20 AM, JohnAC71 said:

Hi

I have a stretched FUT scar, how much would be that be? Very approximately. Like a typical cost is fine. Please PM me. Thanks 🙏 

Check this scar repair with just 300 BHT grafts.

It's always best to graft the scar before SMP so blood flow returns and the skin color changes. Then SMP to finish