14,450 Total Grafts (5,450 BHT) Eugenix 21/23 Dec 2019 Aug 2021 Oct 2022

Zoomster

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Zoomster said:

Hi @BeHappy..thanks ..

I had 1400 session 1 and 2200 session 2.....3600 beard grafts in total...

That’s gotta be another record, gonna rename you babe ruth cause you keep breaking records haha. 

• Haha 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

19 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Can’t wait to follow your new journey. 11,600 grafts is unheard of with FUE certainly a record on the forum.

11,600 grafts is definitely a very big figure. however, it´s not unheard of in the fue world and for sure not a world record as eg. dr. zarev from bulgaria will tell you (and i believe also dr. umar with his bht sessions).

have a look eg. at dr. zarev´s website who regularly does uber mega sessions above 10000 grafts in total even without using beard hair (of course if the donor allows.):

https://www.hairtransplantation.bg/index.php/en/results

@Zoomster

also big congrats from my side. your transformation is quite stunning. and following earlier this year´s b&w visual medley i am glad to see you finally becoming the successful successor of, well, daniel craig.

you deserve it, man 😉

in terms of  the massive amount of transplanted beard hair i am still intrigued to learn more of the overall experience:

- did / do you notice any difference when eg. combing or/and striking through your hair?

- when looking at your hair closely: did eugenix or maybe you mazab notice any visual differences between transplanted beard hair and scalp hair?

Edited by BoldnotBald

@BoldnotBald..thanks for that ..

It’s really very difficult to tell any difference once your hair is grown out ,matured and gone through the usual transplanted hair maturing phases be it scalp or beard ..ie slightly kinky ,wispy to start with ...

I will say that the beard hair does tend to naturally shed at a different rate than scalp ..from my experience anyhow ...

I was experiencing a natural shed while at the clinic so hair wasn’t as full looking mid scalp as usual ..( mid scalp where most of beard placed ) 

no reason whatsoever to be fearful of placing beard grafted throughout your scalp ..except hairline of course 😊...

• Like 2

• Administrators
6 hours ago, Zoomster said:

@BoldnotBald..thanks for that ..

It’s really very difficult to tell any difference once your hair is grown out ,matured and gone through the usual transplanted hair maturing phases be it scalp or beard ..ie slightly kinky ,wispy to start with ...

I will say that the beard hair does tend to naturally shed at a different rate than scalp ..from my experience anyhow ...

I was experiencing a natural shed while at the clinic so hair wasn’t as full looking mid scalp as usual ..( mid scalp where most of beard placed ) 

no reason whatsoever to be fearful of placing beard grafted throughout your scalp ..except hairline of course 😊...

Great point, 

I plan on getting a large bulk of beard hair in the crown. But it’s important to note the beard life cycle is half that of scalp hair. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Hi Zoomster, What a incredible result! I am in similar boat after getting 2000 graphs on my first HT 2 years ago. I feel has made little difference! So much so Im starting to getting depressed again about my hair! How did you find the travelling over to India. I am also from Dublin and its like a 11 & 1/2 hr flight! which kinda puts me off. if it was closer id go in the morning! Plus I seen you where over last week seriously man fair play to you! how is travelling there with the covid restrictions? Do you need to be vaccinated? or just take a test? As since India isnt obviously part of Europe. I am lead to believe our vaccine cards & passports are null and void and you have to get a pcr test which actually would suit me as I'm not vaccinated. 

Hi Benny ..I’m glad youre appreciating Eugenixs work .. I’m receiving a few DMs regarding travel etc so I’ll set it out for you as far as it went for me ..

Air France / KLM seem to be the cleanest route in and out of Dublin / Europe to Delhi ..they have an agreed “ air bubble “ to allow flights in and out.

1 You should never let  distance get in the way of receiving a life changing transplant that sits on your head for the rest of your life ..I’d travel to the moon and back to have the right Doctor work on me .

2 It’s a much smoother process getting there and back than you might think ..

3 .Get yourself double vaccinated 

4 Do a PCR covid test  within 72 hours of you landing in Delhi..this needs to be done to gain admittance to Delhi .Print out the Covid result and keep for showing for boarding and customs  .

5 Ask Eugenix for a letter confirming your date of procedure to allow you apply for a medical e -visa online ..just google Indian visa for details .Once approved you will be emailed the visa to your inbox .simply print out and keep safe for showing at Indian customs 

6.On arrival into Delhi you will do another rapid covid test but you do not have to wait for result ..you are allowed exit airport ,they will email you the result ..

It’s nothing to fear ..just treat all of the above as part of the adventure ..

Hope all works out for you 

• Like 3

@BoldnotBald While anything around 10000+ grafts is bound to be a head-turner, it is definitely not something that @Eugenix Hair Sciences has tried doing for the first time. In fact, @DrPradeep and Dr Arika Bansal have been performing such mega sessions since the very beginning of their hair restoration career, check out some of these old posts in this forum itself wherein a mammoth 16,500 & 11,130 grafts were done by the doctor duo.

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/52806-16500-grafts-over-25-years-to-change-the-fortune/

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/52875-11130-grafts-54-years-old-grade-7-bald-case/

The important factor being how meticulously a surgeon plans to do such huge number of implantations, keeping in mind the duration over which the various sittings are planned and of course sustainability of the results achieved.

Quite interestingly, Drs Pradeep and Arika were introduced to the forum by @harin who had Grade 7 baldness with very less donor area on the scalp. His procedure was done by the doctors at Eugenix and his thread brought to light how higher grade cases can be taken up with use of body hair, primarily beard hair, along with smart utilization of scalp hair for the hairline and also mixing them up in the midscalp and crown area. 

Drs Pradeep and Arika believe that unless body hair is used, it is difficult to give a complete coverage of the total area in Grade 7.  Keeping in mind the possibility of the scalp donor grafts undergoing the miniaturization process of baldness in future even after transplantation, in Grade 6-7 cases, it is paramount that body hair (mainly beard, which are predictable) be used, which won't be affected by the baldness storm.

With these concepts and principles, the objectives of

1) complete coverage of higher grades of baldness,

2) adequate and optimum density to prevent scalp visibility,

3) long lasting result,

4) and above all avoiding over-harvesting the scalp donor to meet the demands of Grade 7 baldness are met at @Eugenix Hair Sciences

@Melvin- Moderator Now we wonder if it was indeed a world record back in 2012 when the above surgeries were actually performed 😄😉

Edited by Eugenix Hair Sciences
More information
  • Like 3

On 9/10/2021 at 7:32 AM, Eugenix Hair Sciences said:

thanks eugenix hair sciences for sharing your thoughts and examples.

since you seem to have joined quite recently may i kindly ask you to provide your name and function within eugenix before i properly reply. thanks.

Wow, Zoomster, the initial pics look stunning! Can't wait to see how this pans out! Pretty sure this guy has some heavy competition coming his way:

Phonebank For Dave GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

I'm sure you've heard this before but your experience was one of the leading factors in me finally deciding to take the plunge (And pick Eugenix for my HT). Good luck!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, rishibostonian said:

Wow, Zoomster, the initial pics look stunning! Can't wait to see how this pans out! Pretty sure this guy has some heavy competition coming his way:

Phonebank For Dave GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

I'm sure you've heard this before but your experience was one of the leading factors in me finally deciding to take the plunge (And pick Eugenix for my HT). Good luck!

Hey thanks a lot ...wishing you the very best of luck with everything 

• Administrators
7 hours ago, Zoomster said:

illusion is a wonderful thing 😉

thanks guys 

After this grows out, don’t think it’ll be much of an illusion mate 🙌🏼

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

View my thread

Hi Guys 

Just to let you know i attended a wedding on day 6 post op without headwash and pulled it off no problems ..the donor was in really good nick and recipient very neat ..the 3 pics with glasses on were 5 days outside post op ...

I bumped my head on day 6  ( yet again ) against a door frame within the castle we were staying in ( door height only 5 ft 5 ) ..there was blood but Doc assures me no grafts were not lost ...

I’m also sending on a video of today day 11 ..I think the Doctor has done an amazing job on the crown area using around 400 grafts ..

I’ll be out and about later where I’ll attach a pic or 2 in normal lighting ..

I’ll update again on month 1 

PPS ..have a look at that crown with the use of only 400 or so grafts ...I’m having trouble uploading video so this edit is today day 11 ...

37A00734-9BDF-499E-B7B7-0DC0E6FF80D8.jpeg

9EA7B780-D107-4AB8-BEEB-92E8804000D1.jpeg

13232D79-AC5D-408E-B4B2-4846A2193E15.jpeg

BB59FD4F-1461-45B6-A858-F4202CE7C6B5.jpeg

B368EAF9-F268-47DC-B867-ED5948085819.jpeg

10C27608-A56D-4700-85E6-718A6829FDDA.jpeg

020F6A83-6204-4B6A-9E8F-818D1CA0443C.jpeg

1D288A48-0CB4-47A3-AC31-DDDAA2224A83.jpeg

0796364D-2015-4129-A219-00B11C185057.jpeg

5F4952D1-F81F-41BB-A529-BC7A2583E34D.jpeg

Edited by Zoomster
Update
  • Like 5

• Valued Contributor

Yep same happened to me (but in hindsight it was doing me a favour 🤣). I dislodged a 'plug' with about ten or so single grafts in there). Post op you look great Karl and if the first surgery wasn't the 'resurrection' then this second one will be the 'second coming!' Hope to chat soon and look forward to further updates. Thanks for sharing mate!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Valued Contributor

Looking super clean and almost untouched. The salt n' pepper really helps to mask a lot of the donor extractions - it doesn't really look like you've had anything done there at all. It just looks like a bit of natural thinning and that's at day 11 with very short hair and further healing to go! Very impressive stuff.

It's going to be an absolutely knock out result. Though you seem to be doing your level best to knock yourself out with all this head bumping! 😆