14,450 Total Grafts (5,450 BHT) Eugenix 21/23 Dec 2019 Aug 2021 Oct 2022

Zoomster

...and to add to that thought, could you imagine you went ahead with the 3,500 with the other doctor? Not that you might not of had a decent result, but not near the level of with Eugenix! It would have been lost potential.

Just comes to show us the value of other opinions and not taking the word of an 'expert' as the law!

12 hours ago, BoldnotBald said:

Thanks for being very honest and open, Zoomster.

From what you´ve just written I assume that the way it worked in your situation on-site Eugenix was something like this (please correct me if i got things wrong or haved missed out on something)

1. Dr Arika and Sethi examined your scalp and beard hair donor whilst having a look at the size of your bald area.

2. They both said that you would need to have about 7000 grafts to get a decent coverage of your head. And that your donor would allow for that.

3. You then said: "Yippiyeah. Then let´s go for it. Immediately!" Then your donor area also including the lower part of your chin got shaved completely.

4. Finally the surgery followed:

day 1 and day 2: extraction and implantation of scalp hair grafts,

day 3: extraction and implantation of beard hair grafts

correct

👌

11 minutes ago, Zoomster said:

👌

Looking at your pre-op pics I noticed that your beard was quite long. Any particular reason / advantage for that?

On the other side I could have imagined that a "fresh" beard with just a couple of days of age would have only shown beard hair in the anagen stage...

From your photos I see that they used all your donor area (NW 6). I guess but not sure if the other clinics calculated the available grafts in your NW 7 area which is smaller to avoid the small risk of hair loss progression to NW7 ?

The question is at what age did you reach your current pattern of hair loss and was it stable or still progressing?

@Zoomster

@Seniormido

Hi ...I hear what you're saying re possible donor calculations by different clinics but I dont believe that was the scenario to be honest...more a case of different skillset available I believe. 

I had showed Dr Sethi clear full set of pics I had taken 10 years ago and there was no further deterioration from then to now which equalled hair loss pattern was stabilized...

We therefore planned to use finasteride to help ensure no further dipping of sides or crown and hope for a regrowth in my lower miniaturized coronet ( lower crown )...

I was a stable NW 6 by 35 .

• Like 1

@Zoomster

would you mind sharing with us the minimum hair length of your sides and your back that you are comfortable with before your donor looks moth eaten or before you feel that it's obvious that you've been plucked.

Also, I am still curious about your decision of letting your beard grow that long when visiting the clinic.

@BoldnotBald..

attached is a broad daylight pic of donor after a #2 ..July 2020 7 months after 5400 scalp grafts were extracted

Moth eaten or obvious  that I’ve been plucked doesn’t apply here or to anyone else who’ve used the clinic I went too ..99.99 % of the average public do go around eyeballing people’s donors like us here on the HRN community forum tend to 🙂

The Beard I grew out ..no particular reason ...

1F20CCA1-5EA0-4872-A383-E376348191EA.jpeg

Edited by Zoomster
Update
  • Like 2

Great to see your experience being backed up by your pic.

In terms of the average public that you mentioned I get the sense that even untrained eyes will spot irregularities in particular with a human head and hair even if they are minor. Of course people can´t tell  what it is that looks different or odd, it´s more on a subconscious level in my view. Anyway, just an unimportant thought...

Much more exciting would be to know more about the upcoming movie. Would you mind telling us a tiny bit more about the story, James?

belovedjames.jpg

Edited by BoldnotBald

Im afraid Im under instruction from M not reveal any info sir 😎

Oh, I can see... somehow understable given the circulating rumours that this time quite hairy issues are being discussed in secret - is it between MM and BJ because of the big B thingi? Not sure...

Maybe Moneypenny might be of any further help. Or what do you think?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all ..

Just a quick update at 13.5 months with some continued improvements to the crown area and general maturing overall which I'm really pleased with...I think if crown work is involved in your planned  procedure you need to budget for an 18 month timeframe for absolute final result 👍

Screenshot_20210207-123233_WhatsApp.jpg

Screenshot_20210207-123307_WhatsApp.jpg

Screenshot_20210207-131940_WhatsApp.jpg

Screenshot_20210207-132014_WhatsApp.jpg

Screenshot_20210207-132116_WhatsApp.jpg

Edited by Zoomster
Updare
  • Like 1

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, Zoomster said:

Just a quick update at 13.5 months with some continued improvements to the crown area and general maturing overall which I'm really pleased with...I think if crown work is involved in your planned  procedure you need to budget for an 18 month timeframe for absolute final result

Overall this turned out extremely well from where you started. I wonder if the slowness in the crown growth was more to do with having more beard hair placed there rather than it being the crown.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

First of all, congratulations for the amazing result. You will continue to see some improvement in your scalp. But please also be aware that the Anagen desynchronization shall occur inevitably. We want you not to worry when that happens. It is normal and you might feel that you are shedding again but that is okay.

It is an overwhelming joy to see your head of hair. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you sir. You result is an encouragement and a blessing to all.

• Like 1

Kind Regards
Abhinay Singh  -  I am no longer a representative for Eugenix Hair Sciences. If you want to contact them please see below:

Email : info@eugenix.in    WhatsApp Call/Message: +91 79-779-15534          My Hair Transplant Journey 
I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

Wonderful to finally hear and see back from our great hero and man on a very special mission 😎...

In terms of the beloved crown and relevant hair as far as I know the growth rate is slower in general due to different blood circulation properties in this area.

As for your implanted beard hair it would be great to know a little bit more about the transformation that you have experienced so far also including your current situation. I mean:

Since beard hair in its origin is significantly thicker and wiry I wonder:

1. whenever you stroke or comb your hair would you notice anything being different?

2. whenever your spouse or close friend would have a close look at your hair eg. from the sides or from the top would they notice anything?

38 minutes ago, BoldnotBald said:

Wonderful to finally hear and see back from our great hero and man on a very special mission 😎...

In terms of the beloved crown and relevant hair as far as I know the growth rate is slower in general due to different blood circulation properties in this area.

As for your implanted beard hair it would be great to know a little bit more about the transformation that you have experienced so far also including your current situation. I mean:

Since beard hair in its origin is significantly thicker and wiry I wonder:

1. whenever you stroke or comb your hair would you notice anything being different?

2. whenever your spouse or close friend would have a close look at your hair eg. from the sides or from the top would they notice anything?

@BoldnotBald...thanks for the kind words ...rest assured ..you wont be able to tell beard v native scalp at all once everything is mixed up together....my GF just confirmed as much right here beside me on the sofa ...."not coarse or wiry at all "...

However I will say that during the initial growing in phase you cant get away from that wiry texture in both scalp and beard grafts...

From around month 8 my hair shafts softened ,thickened etc ..resulting in a more harmonious texture alongside native scalp...with improvements continuing up to this day 

Z

47 minutes ago, Abhinay Singh said:

First of all, congratulations for the amazing result. You will continue to see some improvement in your scalp. But please also be aware that the Anagen desynchronization shall occur inevitably. We want you not to worry when that happens. It is normal and you might feel that you are shedding again but that is okay.

It is an overwhelming joy to see your head of hair. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you sir. You result is an encouragement and a blessing to all.

Thanks so much to you and all the Team Abinhay

• Like 1

Great. So, let me sum it up then:

Your 2000 or so transplanted beard hair changed gradually its properties starting from the date it was transplanted. And now it looks (even at a close distance) and feels exactly like scalp hair. In other words, their original diameter has shrunk (probably to half of its original diameter) and has adapted completely in terms of thickness to the recipient area. Please correct me if I got anything wrong.

In terms of your last images that you uploaded - would it be possible to take and upload clearer and more detailed pictures whilst shooting from the same angles?  (maybe increase the image resolution or/and other settings?)