Post Hair transplant - possible to raise temples?

BaldGio

Hi,

I had a hair transplant some months ago from a very reputable surgeon. Everything went smoothly and I'm now in the growing phase - maybe about 60% have come in.

Now that my hairline is starting to fill in, I'm having doubts about the temples. I wish they were higher.

This is not the fault of the surgeon at all. The hairline he drew is totally fine for someone my age and the shape looks natural. It's just with the way I like to style my hair I would really have preferred the temples to have been more 'receded'. I regret not thinking of this during the time of the surgery.

What are my options?

• Administrators

I agree, can you share some photos. I wouldn't do anything, if you got a good result leave it as is, otherwise you open yourself up to complications and looking worse.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

4 hours ago, karatekid said:

This is the weirdest thing I have heard. Never thought someone would want to have his temples receded....    If it really bothers you, you can always shave it

I think there are quite a few instances where people have raised their hairlines. Typically it is in cases where the hairline has been placed too low. But I can imagine that the OP may find a higher hairline better. Each his own I guess. 

While shaving is an option, you run into some obvious problems - shave marks, doubles / triples in the hairline. 

• Moderators

You should definitely start off by shaving the corners first to see how it looks and if you like it. then you can discuss removing the grafts by FUEing them out and placing them somewhere else.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

On 2/8/2020 at 2:07 PM, BaldGio said:

Hi,

I had a hair transplant some months ago from a very reputable surgeon. Everything went smoothly and I'm now in the growing phase - maybe about 60% have come in.

Now that my hairline is starting to fill in, I'm having doubts about the temples. I wish they were higher.

This is not the fault of the surgeon at all. The hairline he drew is totally fine for someone my age and the shape looks natural. It's just with the way I like to style my hair I would really have preferred the temples to have been more 'receded'. I regret not thinking of this during the time of the surgery.

What are my options?

You should let your hair grow out completely and then experiment with different styles. There is a reason why you agreed to the hairline your doctor designed for you , try to think back to the concerns you would have originally had with your receding temples/hairline.

There's no need to take any drastic action whilst your result is little over half grown. Sit back and let it all grow, and then re-assess.