Traction alopecia (severe) hair transplant

Hi

I'm suffering traction alopecia after many years of wearing a turban. 

I've read that my hair will never grow back in the affected area. The rest of my hair is fine luckily.

Does anyone know if a hair transplant will work in my scenario? 

Thanks

Hi Pete

Traction alopecia from turban wearing is VERY common and we have provided surgery to those exact sufferers where the hair has been under traction and loss, and luckily it is localised to a few areas of traction and subsequent loss.

Here is a traction alopecia case that was from a female and a different scenario but traction non the less and more severe than turban cases. She underwent surgery with us and the result is here also.

So, yes a hair transplant is a good option.

Example traction case here:-

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/34258-drbisanga-1477-strip-traction-alopecia/

I represent Dr. Bisanga.

Dr. Christian Bisanga is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

Because the root cause of this is external and not MPB related, a hair transplant would definitely be an option considering you're a good candidate when taking in all other factors. (Age, genetics, hair type, quality of donor, any MPB going on that you're not aware of, etc.) I'd start by doing some research into potential surgeons, get some consultations, and go from there. 

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56