reconstruct hairline - FUT vs FUE and choosing surgeon

• Moderators

What I think he is trying to tell you ( although he didn't explain it very well), is since you only need a smaller size session in the frontal hairline area, it may be better to do FUE because he can get as many single hair grafts as needed for the hairline with FUE because he can pick which grafts to use and also FUE grafts are usually thinner (less bulky as they have less fleshy meat on them), so he can pack them tighter together to get you more grafts per square cm and thus more density. If you had a large area to cover then FUT would be better as he can get a lot  more grafts from FUT and since he would be doing a large strip there would certainly be enough singles for the hairline, so he wouldn't have to worry about getting enough of them or trying to split some doubles to get enough singles.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

23 hours ago, karatekid said:

Im not even sure I understand what is exactly the reason. Here is what they sent me:

"Dr.Hasson does not recommend FUT method surgery for you. He added that with the FUE method it is easer to achieve density because grafts are smaller, they can be dense packed and he can transplant more hairs per graft"

Does someone understand what that means?  it sounds confusing to me and also not related to the laxity (although this was the response to my laxity demonstration video)

Are you sure you are actually corresponding with the doc himself?  I say this as a couple of years ago someone forwarded me emails from a H&W rep who was being very pushy to get someone to book.  I do wonder if they are on a percentage commission or something.

If you have a video showing laxity then maybe get some second and third opinions elsewhere.  Gabel, Shapiro Medical Group, Cooley for example.

Edited by 1978matt

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

1 hour ago, BeHappy said:

What I think he is trying to tell you ( although he didn't explain it very well), is since you only need a smaller size session in the frontal hairline area, it may be better to do FUE because he can get as many single hair grafts as needed for the hairline with FUE because he can pick which grafts to use and also FUE grafts are usually thinner (less bulky as they have less fleshy meat on them), so he can pack them tighter together to get you more grafts per square cm and thus more density. If you had a large area to cover then FUT would be better as he can get a lot  more grafts from FUT and since he would be doing a large strip there would certainly be enough singles for the hairline, so he wouldn't have to worry about getting enough of them or trying to split some doubles to get enough singles.

Ok, make sense... But honestly I prefer him to do FUT and split doubles if needed rather than FUE. I asked them FUT for a reason.

23 minutes ago, 1978matt said:

Are you sure you are actually corresponding with the doc himself?  I say this as a couple of years ago someone forwarded me emails from a H&W rep who was being very pushy to get someone to book.  I do wonder if they are on a percentage commission or something.

If you have a video showing laxity then maybe get some second and third opinions elsewhere.  Gabel, Shapiro Medical Group, Cooley for example.

Ye bro for sure, this is the assistant manager. She sent me the initial assessment and the answers for my previous questions, it was detailed and informative explanation that written by the doctor. But for this response I guess the doctor just told her what to write and something just got 'lost in translation' I guess...

Anyway, ye  I have frontal consultation with Feriduni The Great in 2 weeks. I hope to get good news and hopefully just set up the procedure with him