FUE VS FUT Prices and Differences

• Administrators

This topic came up recently, and I would love to hear the communities thoughts. What do you guys think?

FUE VS FUT Hair Transplant Prices and Differences?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I do not see the prices here in the US ever matching some of the European countries. I know that there costs especially what they pay the surgical technicians is nowhere near what we pay. If it is only low cost you are looking for you can find some really inexpensive clinics here in the states that offer that. However, be careful you might get what you pay for.

• Like 2

• Administrators
33 minutes ago, hairlossPA said:

I’m curious to know if people think prices in the North America region will ever drop to be comparable to EU? What would need to happen for that to take place? NA surgeons noticing losing (significant) business to overseas?

No, in the EU it's not illegal for technicians to extract the grafts- this is why they can charge less money. Most of the best surgeons in Europe do not extract grafts, with the exception of a few. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Moderators
23 hours ago, hairlossPA said:

I’m not looking for a cheap option. just more so wondering if doctors would cut their own costs and/or pay techs less to save business if eventually they weren’t getting as much traffic as they used to

I don't know if it's a good idea to pay less (although it depends on what a Drs techs are being paid compared to how much other Drs are paying theirs), but when you get a few great techs with some years of experience working with you it may be better to pay them a bit more to stay rather than get a new low paid inexperienced tech who may truly ruin your business because the results of what those techs do really matters.

The cost of living in the USA is higher than many other countries, so it will probably always be more expensive than some other places.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.