Had eyebrow transplant 8 months ago. Skin look very weird.

It's hard to get a good idea of what it looks like because the picture is so up close. For clarity however, how long ago did you have this done? Did you keep them out of the sun? For standard HTs, we recommend keeping out of the sun for 6 months to optimize healing (and prevent graft damage), as sun exposure is directly related to the healing of skin. If it's early on though, it may work itself out. 

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

I believe he said 8 months ago...IMHO it does not look infected but if the condition persists or spreads further, see a dermatologist.

Also, how do you feel regarding the angles of the grafts as they are growing out?

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

On 2/7/2020 at 8:12 PM, pkipling said:

It's hard to get a good idea of what it looks like because the picture is so up close. For clarity however, how long ago did you have this done? Did you keep them out of the sun? For standard HTs, we recommend keeping out of the sun for 6 months to optimize healing (and prevent graft damage), as sun exposure is directly related to the healing of skin. If it's early on though, it may work itself out. 

On 2/7/2020 at 10:23 PM, gillenator said:

I believe he said 8 months ago...IMHO it does not look infected but if the condition persists or spreads further, see a dermatologist.

Also, how do you feel regarding the angles of the grafts as they are growing out?

Hey. I was extremly strict about sun exposure. Never had any until 8 month post op. Any idea what it is? The skin looks pale/sick only there hair was transplanted.

The skin colouring was there from day 1 and did not change. Do you think a normal dermatologist can understand it without any HT understanding?

I want to post some pictures to hear what you think about the result without me saying anything if its ok

Yes a dermatologist will be able to help you with this issue...looks like a common case of pimples, black heads,etc.

A good cleansing will be a good point to start with.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

• 3 weeks later...

I agree nothing looks too out of the ordinary. In fact, a good facial with a licensed aesthetician might be a good idea to clean your skin/pores from oil and buildup. Try that (or see a dermatologist) and see how your skin reacts. 

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56