3106 Grafts Dr Blake Bloxham

Edward926

Hello people,

Finally pulled the trigger and went with the HT. Dr Blake Bloxham was the surgeon and everything went great. Dr Bloxham is a great guy and very enthusiastic about what he does and takes all the time necessary to explain the procedure and answer any questions I had. If you are in the NYC area and looking for an ethical and competent doctor I suggest giving Dr Bloxham a visit.

I, as many of you, started losing my hair when I was in my late teens and it had some devastating effects on my self image and self esteem. I put up with it for many years until Propecia came out and decide to give it a go. The medication was a godsend as my hair loss stopped and I regrew all the hair that I had lost, even the hairline, I couldn't believe and thought it was a blessing. Little did I know about the side effects of such drug. They kicked in later and I was unaware of Propecia being the cause of it. Asked many doctors and all told me it was in my head until new labels in the medication and the mass-tort litigation against Merck became known. Ditched the medication and within a few years pretty much lost everything I gained from the medication and thought it was time for something more permanent. The idea of getting a HT became to occupy my thoughts more and more.  I consulted with several doctors and all told me I had bad donor and scalp laxity. In order words I was not a candidate for HT. I can't tell you how devastated I was. It wasn't until I found this forum that I started to look at several more doctors in the NYC area and came across Feller & Bloxham. I also watched all the videos and decided to make a consultation. I met Dr Bloxham and expressed all my concerns regarding HT and what other doctors have told me. Dr Bloxham examined me and told me the my scalp was a bit tight but my donor was fine and it would be no problem to go ahead and do the procedure. The aim was FUT 2500-2700 grafts, but the doc was able to get 3106 grafts. I was thrilled with the additional grafts and the procedure went as expected. The only discomfort I had was with the initial anesthesia, but it is expected, and from there on it went easy. I had the procedure the first week of Dec 2019 and the staples were removed 10 days later. It has been now 8 weeks since the procedure and I decided to share my experience with the rest of the forum and show some pictures.

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Ed

IMG_1222.thumb.jpeg.7fcb84de3cb2c1ed1e35cc4ab7a897a0.jpeg

IMG_1223.thumb.jpeg.49961686324ec91429c81ec734b04bdf.jpeg

IMG_1224.thumb.jpeg.587c5df9e651c4a706b2b70db80d0b9a.jpeg

IMG_1225.thumb.jpeg.9648a11e8032fecf2fd544654d7425e2.jpeg

IMG_1226.thumb.jpeg.fcd615a6249ace636a50c504a5c22f1f.jpeg

IMG_1487.thumb.jpeg.265829f0724ca7073799fefb05f1e058.jpeg

IMG_1536.thumb.jpeg.f4a6a4960e1e504e6c1a7bab05568feb.jpeg

IMG_1491.jpeg

0A5CF6AA-4E39-4E99-B4D3-3BF13CA81441_1_201_a.jpeg

IMG_1492.jpeg

IMG_1508.jpeg

IMG_1543.jpeg

IMG_1571.jpeg

IMG_1576.jpeg

IMG_1589.jpeg

IMG_1594 (1).jpeg

IMG_1605.jpeg

IMG_1640 (1).jpeg

IMG_1673.jpeg

IMG_1674.jpeg

Edited by Edward926
Add more images and fix original post

Good luck Edward,

have my procedure Tuesday with bloxham ! Couldn’t be any more nervous lol 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Theyutube6 said:

Dr Blake bloxham is a phenomenal Dr! You're going to get a great result especially with 3k grafts!! Do you mind putting a before the procedure pic too?

Looking to find some pics and I'll post some today. 

Thanks for your comment

14 hours ago, Tbcruz said:

Good luck Edward,

have my procedure Tuesday with bloxham ! Couldn’t be any more nervous lol 

Hi there,

I didn't feel nervous at all until I walked into the clinic by 7am. That is when I knew it was for real and all those years waiting for an answer to my hair-loss were going to be addressed. It is normal to be anxious but you'll do fine. Dr Bloxham and his staff are great. How many grafts are you getting? Best of luck tomorrow.

3 hours ago, Edward926 said:

Hi there,

I didn't feel nervous at all until I walked into the clinic by 7am. That is when I knew it was for real and all those years waiting for an answer to my hair-loss were going to be addressed. It is normal to be anxious but you'll do fine. Dr Bloxham and his staff are great. How many grafts are you getting? Best of luck tomorrow.

Thanks Edward, 

I keep going back and fourth about being nervous and then being happy lol.  He quoted me at around 1200. Which doesn’t seem like a lot but I hope it’s enough. I’ll be following your thread good luck and happy growing! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tbcruz said:

Thanks Edward, 

I keep going back and fourth about being nervous and then being happy lol.  He quoted me at around 1200. Which doesn’t seem like a lot but I hope it’s enough. I’ll be following your thread good luck and happy growing! 

That feeling of going back and forth is normal. Once you get through that door you'll be at easy with Dr Bloxham and his staff. The procedure will be done in no time. Good for you that is a small session you are getting. Best of luck tomorrow. Rest well and keep us posted. 

23 hours ago, Theyutube6 said:

Dr Blake bloxham is a phenomenal Dr! You're going to get a great result especially with 3k grafts!! Do you mind putting a before the procedure pic too?

Here are some pics I have from before the procedure. Hairline is almost gone and thinning all over. I kept my hair a bit longer to create the illusion of not balding and it wasn't really working anymore. Hope this helps.

IMG_1222.jpeg

IMG_1223.jpeg

IMG_1224.jpeg

IMG_1225.jpeg

IMG_1226.jpeg

IMG_1487.jpeg

IMG_1536.jpeg

Edited by Edward926
Add more images

Hey Edward,

Looking forward to seeing your results. Dr Bloxham is awesome. How many grafts were placed into your crown? I was under the impression that Dr.Bloxham typically addresses the front in one session, and the back half of the scalp in a second procedure. Was this explained to you as well?

23 hours ago, James C said:

Hey Edward,

Looking forward to seeing your results. Dr Bloxham is awesome. How many grafts were placed into your crown? I was under the impression that Dr.Bloxham typically addresses the front in one session, and the back half of the scalp in a second procedure. Was this explained to you as well?

James, typically that is how it works in two procedures, but it also depends on hair loss pattern. We were aiming at 2500K grafts to cover the front part, but Dr. Bloxham told me that the yield was 3106K grafts, so we decided to put those grafts in the crown. So a total of 606 grafts were placed in the crown area surrounding the small patch of native hair. I will know the specifics once I go in for a follow up visit in 3-4 months and I will post that as well. Dr. Bloxham is a great and his staff is as well. 

1 hour ago, Edward926 said:

James, typically that is how it works in two procedures, but it also depends on hair loss pattern. We were aiming at 2500K grafts to cover the front part, but Dr. Bloxham told me that the yield was 3106K grafts, so we decided to put those grafts in the crown. So a total of 606 grafts were placed in the crown area surrounding the small patch of native hair. I will know the specifics once I go in for a follow up visit in 3-4 months and I will post that as well. Dr. Bloxham is a great and his staff is as well. 

Thanks for the clarification Ed!

from your before photos, it looks like you had a decent amount of existing hair in the front half. We’re you given the option of working around it?and Are you experiencing any  “shock loss” ? 

47 minutes ago, James C said:

Thanks for the clarification Ed!

from your before photos, it looks like you had a decent amount of existing hair in the front half. We’re you given the option of working around it?and Are you experiencing any  “shock loss” ? 

You welcome,

I should have taken better pics of the from before the procedure, but keeping my hair a bit longer gave the illusion of some density. Although, they was no real hairline anymore and under light you could easily see the scalp. Hopefully with the HT that will change and no shock loss so far in the from nor the incision. Shedding did kick in pretty fast although that should be correcting itself as i'm close to 10 weeks from the procedure. 

Dr. Bloxham produces great results.  Looking forward to your pictures in a few months. 

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Scar looks great. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey guy,

Decided to post an update on my progress after 3106 grafts. Im out of surgery exactly 18 1/2 weeks. Scar seems to be coming along great and the shock-loss seems to have improved. The crown was not the target in this procedure, although, I got aprox 600 grafts in the region. Any feedback is much appreciated.

Ed

B5070DA0-9DA1-4C57-B39E-17746FCB8FD8_1_201_a.jpeg

E3647C26-1194-4295-9220-589F106157CE_1_201_a.jpeg

9B3FF3C2-37E9-4086-AB0F-8EC1A9807C15_1_201_a.jpeg

BD6C1DE8-1192-49C9-8E85-EFF8467491EF_1_201_a.jpeg

24C729F1-43EB-40AE-8BE1-3772011C808F_1_201_a.jpeg

IMG_2269.jpeg

IMG_2272.jpeg

IMG_2273.jpeg

IMG_2275.jpeg

Edited by Edward926