A week away and very nervous!

Hi All, 

I am a week away from my hair transplant in Turkey but kind of getting nervous now it being this close. I've been okay up till now but the thought of the full day transplant/needles is definitely making me tensed. 

What were your experiences a week before your transplant? 

Any advice before my transplant? 

Thanks

I did my research and chose one of the best in Turkey so knew beforehand that I was having 3 full days of surgery and wasn’t worried or tensed in any way but this was my second HT so I had some insight. 

In my first HT in 2008 and I was a 25 year old kid doing a surgery that everyone in my country frowned upon because the norm at that time was doll hair results so I was in full on panic mode until I meet Dr. Rahal in person and he made all my worries disappear. 

Nowadays, you will find that the anesthesia is painless and that the time goes by very quickly.

Wish you all the best!

Edited by Portugal25

1 hour ago, rafter_01 said:

Hi All, 

I am a week away from my hair transplant in Turkey but kind of getting nervous now it being this close. I've been okay up till now but the thought of the full day transplant/needles is definitely making me tensed. 

What were your experiences a week before your transplant? 

Any advice before my transplant? 

Thanks

First of all, don't worry. The surgery is completely pain free. Some people feel discomfortable when they get local anesthesia. Anyway, from my personal experience, I can swear that even local injections are pain free.
To cal you down, some clinic give you a mild intravenous anesthetic so you will sleep all the time.
Ask your clinic if they do. I do not think is needed but the operation is quite boring so it can help.
If they do not give any kind of systemic anesthetic, talk with your doctor and ask if you can bring something with you (valium, rivotril or something like that).

It is normal to be nervous. Everyone is, some a little more, some a little less.

Most important: Did you do your homework and chose a good clinic. If so, then you just need to calm your mind. Everyone is different though: For me it helps to write down all the questions you may have to the surgeon and structure them beforehand. 

I started getting super cold feet about a week before my procedure as well, though my nerves were less about the pain of the procedure and more about the recovery, results, etc. What worked for me in calming my nerves was doing exactly what your'e doing: reaching out to people who had been through it before, getting their input and insight, and finding comfort in the validation that my nerves weren't unfounded. 

Assuming you feel great about the surgeon you chose, keep reminding yourself of all the factors that came into play when you made the decision to move forward with this to begin with and keep your energy focused there. And as for the pain, I promise you it's incredibly bearable. (The initial injection of the anesthesia was the worst part for me, which I think says a lot about the relative ease of the rest of the procedure/recovery!) 

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56