How does SMP age

Hi guys, as smp is still a relatively new field I’m finding it hard to find examples of smp which have been done over 4 or 5+ years ago. I understand it fades, but I’m wondering if the pigments have a tendency to “bleed” into each other over time, similar to how normal tattoos work.

Have any of you had the procedure done a few years ago and got example pics?

thanks 

• 6 months later...
  • Valued Contributor
On 2/2/2020 at 8:22 AM, Mr Sinister said:

Hi guys, as smp is still a relatively new field I’m finding it hard to find examples of smp which have been done over 4 or 5+ years ago. I understand it fades, but I’m wondering if the pigments have a tendency to “bleed” into each other over time, similar to how normal tattoos work.

Have any of you had the procedure done a few years ago and got example pics?

thanks 

The key to good SMP is finding a great SMP artist. Someone who has been doing it for more than a few years and didn't decide to take up SMP as a career change in mid life. Before I had SMP I did a lot of research, no less than I would in researching for the best hair transplant surgeon for my needs. I was prepared to travel/fly, etc. I live in Australia and luckily I discovered Caitlin James. She now has three other SMP artists working for her across Australia under SMP Australia. I saw a few SMP artists before Caitlin and the body of work that Caitlin provided compared to the others were like night and day. Please note that I do not work for Caitlin in any way, shape or form. I'm just happy with being hair piece free after 25 years of hiding not only my baldness, but the scars of two really bad hair transplants. If people are looking for a really good SMP artist then you have to treat it the same as if you were looking for the best surgeon to perform a hair transplant on you. Their are so many cowboys in this industry (as it is a relatively new industry) and SMP is not for everyone. As stated earlier, SMP lasts a lot longer where as trichopigmentation is broken down by the body much more quickly. There are arguments for and against both. If anyone does intend on going down this path, then again, just do your due diligence. Unlike a hair transplant, SMP can be lasered off, but it is a painful process. Also everyone (just like a hair transplant) is different. Scars behave differently to SMP than the scalp and can absorb ink leading to 'blue' scars appearing, etc.

• Valued Contributor
On 9/1/2020 at 8:38 PM, tanner1987 said:

SMP here from 2016(Melbourne) and still very happy with it. Is definitely fading, by maybe only 10-15%, but entirely uniform with no bleeding etc whatsoever. I intend to let it fade much more before I contemplate a touch-up.

tanner1987 who did your SMP?

I’m not that technical on things, but they called it SMP despite it being “temporary”. It was The Look, they were on Church St, Richmond but I think they have since moved. The artist’s name was Alex and the manager’s name was David; happy to show somebody in person the finished product, albeit 4yrs old without touch-up.

• Thanks 1

• Valued Contributor
16 minutes ago, tanner1987 said:

I’m not that technical on things, but they called it SMP despite it being “temporary”. It was The Look, they were on Church St, Richmond but I think they have since moved. The artist’s name was Alex and the manager’s name was David; happy to show somebody in person the finished product, albeit 4yrs old without touch-up.

Thanks tanner1987. Yes I saw them also around early 2017 from memory.