Jump to content

Recommended Posts

On 3/26/2020 at 3:36 AM, Rolandas said:

Hello gentlemen!

For those of you who are a HT nerds and are looking for a finer details, here's a report from Dr. Bruno Ferreira himself.

775367607_snip1.thumb.JPG.e64d80280b40a3c317ba09b5c6f3390c.JPG

1796160983_snip2.thumb.JPG.a47752fe2b1088c0b7698d3092177483.JPG

Looks like I have more grafts than I anticipated at first!

Also some more pictures

35070149_DR.BRUNOFERREIRA-RolandasS-004.thumb.jpg.3f6179dc057dc81537f7a2859a027a41.jpg

16644558_DR.BRUNOFERREIRA-RolandasS-005.thumb.jpg.344198e333407f5ff64664cbf2227ad7.jpg

872302364_DR.BRUNOFERREIRA-RolandasS-0013.thumb.jpg.f36938fd396a61cc8da3ee221df5993e.jpg

1218754501_DR.BRUNOFERREIRA-RolandasS-0014.thumb.jpg.4414a19b347ee07cfd7fe46b20893a48.jpg

1736306945_DR.BRUNOFERREIRA-RolandasS-0015.thumb.jpg.d9cfa5f6d5c9c24ec531e5242215d926.jpg

869374548_DR.BRUNOFERREIRA-RolandasS-0052.thumb.jpg.62c1a397d2bece0be5a0c39489c7eff2.jpg

1586793631_DR.BRUNOFERREIRA-RolandasS-0060.thumb.jpg.12a180e8591bff53edbe6ddabd921e22.jpg

644172016_DR.BRUNOFERREIRA-RolandasS-0063.thumb.jpg.9e9473bd403f57d17d3aa74d294725d0.jpg

672509940_DR.BRUNOFERREIRA-RolandasS-0066.thumb.jpg.fd7f314e2d43170af4d9af728fd38a82.jpg

1212330268_DR.BRUNOFERREIRA-RolandasS-0069.thumb.jpg.97ae55b950677c3ca966b09a011b3428.jpg

1295962685_DR.BRUNOFERREIRA-RolandasS-0085.thumb.jpg.1872ee16c7365193436a3e9149a55b07.jpg

126595451_DR.BRUNOFERREIRA-RolandasS-0097.thumb.jpg.e667af9187051424f8b4e8557577254b.jpg

2116008086_DR.BRUNOFERREIRA-RolandasS-0099.thumb.jpg.56623a764de0a9ae30d2e14e76863d2c.jpg

2094182077_DR.BRUNOFERREIRA-RolandasS-00100.thumb.jpg.61b5cb1afdbf56a9e79555a4dc18637b.jpg

The graft placement and hairline design looks solid, hopefully you’ll get a great result. 
 

That said, the donor extraction area appears to be well outside of the “safe zone”, extending fairly high up on the sides and the back. 
 

If you progress to a high Norwood over time, the scarring in these areas will be visible. It seems more and more surgeons are doing this with FUE

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the update! Looking good! I was worried you got covid when you didn't post videos for a few weeks. Turns out you were just mastering your special effects haha.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BD99 said:

Thanks for the update! Looking good! I was worried you got covid when you didn't post videos for a few weeks. Turns out you were just mastering your special effects haha.

Lol Haha it's a real thing isn't lol

Been involved in other projects, so to be fair didn't prioritise YT 😁 Besides cloning myself took me 5 min to film and 5 min to edit 😁👌

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jijypuru said:

@Rolandasdo you microneedling?

Do you recommend one specific?

I stopped microneedling 1 month before my surgery and I'm not planning to go back to it for the next months. I prefer to leave my head alone for some time to let my HT best chance possible without any risky interference.
I used to microneedle for 12 months, you can check my progress here 

Also check out my YouTube video where I'm talking in depth about dermarolling, what are different needle length for, how and when to use and proven method that works.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

What's going on guys! 14 week Update!

Looking back where I started I'm already extremely happy. Think about it. I had almost zero hairs in the frontal area and now there are 3! :D

Interesting things happening, growth of new hairs started and it gets better daily! Such a great time I've been waiting for 3 months!

Enjoy the update.

Edited by Rolandas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Rolandas. Thanks for these vids. Your hair and mine are similarly fine and I also had redness through the 3.5 month mark. I'm at month 4 now and still have a bit but it is fading slowly but surely. Looking forward to tracking your progress.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like a solid work. I'm also planning my first - and I hope the last - HT and I'm considering this surgeon, even if I'd like to see other reports 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good stuff man, 

Dr. Ferreira is looking very solid.


I do not provide medical advice, recommendations, all responses are my opinion.

My Hair Transplant Journey

Melvin- Associate Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @thehairtransplantnetwork FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello fellow baldies and ex baldies,

Here I am, 4 months after my FUE with Dr. Ferreira.

I'm proud to present you this update. I've managed to make quite good close ups of both donor and recipient areas.

To be honest, from 8:27 I can keep watching over and over again. It's oddly satisfying to see me combing my donor area with this beat :D

P.S. After 3659 grafts extracted I feel like i still could keep going back and take more and more and more!

Enjoy! ;)

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I heeded your warning and didn't skip and I finally subscribed (sorry it took so long.) I think it looks great at 4 months and can't wait to see what it looks like a few months from now. Still loving the hairline design. With your donor, I'm pretty sure you could have movie star hair if you did enough surgeries. I'm still scheduled for middle of July. Gonna be pretty devastated if I can't get into Portugal (which, as an American, is a very real possibility) after already rescheduling my March surgery. Not sure when work will allow it once we likely reopen in the fall. Thanks for letting me live vicariously through you though, haha.

Edited by BD99
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, BD99 said:

I heeded your warning and didn't skip and I finally subscribed (sorry it took so long.) I think it looks great at 4 months and can't wait to see what it looks like a few months from now. Still loving the hairline design. With your donor, I'm pretty sure you could have movie star hair if you did enough surgeries. I'm still scheduled for middle of July. Gonna be pretty devastated if I can't get into Portugal (which, as an American, is a very real possibility) after already rescheduling my March surgery. Not sure when work will allow it once we likely reopen in the fall. Thanks for letting me live vicariously through you though, haha.

Thanks man! :D

It's very rough situation right now... Don't forget, HT will always be there for you. Don't rush! Safety should be priority.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Rolandas said:

Thanks man! :D

It's very rough situation right now... Don't forget, HT will always be there for you. Don't rush! Safety should be priority.

Yeah, "devastated" is too strong a word in regards to a hair transplant given the terrible pain this virus is inflicting on the world. "Bummed" is more accurate.

I know all along you've been considering doing a second surgery for the crown. The nice part is you can also do a small second pass on the frontal third at the same if the density isn't 100% where you want it to be. That said, I think the next few months are gonna be super exciting for you and the results are gonna be great. 

And yeah, I vote "yes" for the Toppik if you want a bit of a sneak peek. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BD99 said:

Yeah, "devastated" is too strong a word in regards to a hair transplant given the terrible pain this virus is inflicting on the world. "Bummed" is more accurate.

I know all along you've been considering doing a second surgery for the crown. The nice part is you can also do a small second pass on the frontal third at the same if the density isn't 100% where you want it to be. That said, I think the next few months are gonna be super exciting for you and the results are gonna be great. 

And yeah, I vote "yes" for the Toppik if you want a bit of a sneak peek. 

Funny enough Dr. Ferreira said he would definitely go back for another pass on the hairline because my hair is very very thin.. After he said this my expectations of final result went down a bit :D But hey, before surgery my expectations were "having a hairline", so I guess I already achieved it! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rolandas said:

Funny enough Dr. Ferreira said he would definitely go back for another pass on the hairline because my hair is very very thin.. After he said this my expectations of final result went down a bit :D But hey, before surgery my expectations were "having a hairline", so I guess I already achieved it! 

Yeah, I saw in your video that it's now a marked difference between the thicker frontal third hairs and the more sparse mid-scalp/vertex hairs. I think once you're able to use clippers on the frontal third, it won't be as bad, at least to the eye. I really liked the strategy to break it up as opposed to doing multiple passes and spreading it out over the entire head, as you do get that chance to go over the frontal third again, and you've already had great success with the meds on the vertex (where hair fibers will also help a great deal as well.) 

On another note, was watching some of Joe Tillman's videos, and heard you calling in to the radio show. Felt like I was witnessing the magic moment when you realized Dr. Bruno was the one, haha.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BD99 said:

Yeah, I saw in your video that it's now a marked difference between the thicker frontal third hairs and the more sparse mid-scalp/vertex hairs. I think once you're able to use clippers on the frontal third, it won't be as bad, at least to the eye. I really liked the strategy to break it up as opposed to doing multiple passes and spreading it out over the entire head, as you do get that chance to go over the frontal third again, and you've already had great success with the meds on the vertex (where hair fibers will also help a great deal as well.) 

On another note, was watching some of Joe Tillman's videos, and heard you calling in to the radio show. Felt like I was witnessing the magic moment when you realized Dr. Bruno was the one, haha.

My tactic is more like growing front longer and slicking it back or something similar :)
Haha! You exposed me :D Yep, that was me. Few times :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×