Dr Diep Fut mega session

Skyb

Just had to share my experience I had with Dr Diep and his staff. Today marks my 14 month of my first fut hair transplant surgery and I must say Dr Diep hit a home run. The picture don’t do justice and I’m more than pleased with the results. 

Consultation:  I meet with Dr Diep and he was upfront and honest. Took the tip to go over all the details and answered all my questions. I never felt pressured into surgery one bit. You can tell he takes pride in his practice the moment you walk into his doors.  I set my surgery date and paid my deposit with no hesitation. 

Surgery day: I went to his office and his staff was ready to rock at 530 am. I was given a cocktail of meds and was in for the surgery which took 12 hours but felt more like 4 to be honest. I had absolutely no pain  during the surgery, just a little sore from lying on the chair all day. The office provides lunch and sets you up with all you need for the recovery process. Dr Diep also gives his personal cell phone if any concerns need to be addressed. 

Recovery: The healing process was a piece of cake. My only issue was sleeping since I had fut strip wound but the pain pills made it no problem. I took 2 weeks off work and had no issues at all with the recovery process. Dr Diep offers free hair wash and follow visits after the first 10 days. The staff is always available if you need anything. Ps. Monica is real nice.

Results: This was the best money I ever spent. I can’t express how happy I am with the results. Dr Diep introduced me to one of the techs (Lyndsey) who worked on my procedure and you can tell the passion they have in their work. Dr Diep is a surgeon that takes pride in his work and is a man of detail and that was my biggest selling point on going to him. I could not be any more satisfied with the results! 

E4251AEC-358B-4CEE-A025-546810F46713.jpeg

D9E87F5C-2C60-4B0D-9019-A44C4ACD4068.jpeg

419464C4-88B7-443C-9444-6B292B4D9A54.jpeg

92798420-9A24-4533-8AE6-1DF68563CAE1.jpeg

F4FB2A5A-1AC3-4940-ADFF-472E186AFA26.jpeg

BF32BDC3-78DF-4C4B-9E48-1262C4878E5B.jpeg

• Administrators

Sky Boussard from YouTube? Damn BRO!!! I know you were telling me that your results looked sick, but i'm literally dumbfounded 😱

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators
9 minutes ago, Skyb said:

I had 5300 grafts and yes Melvin that’s me from YouTube. I just meet with Dr Diep last night and we filmed my one year update. So look for it on Friday morning. 

Dang I got the same amount haha except your hairline looks way thicker. Glad you came on the forum dude, I’m literally blown away, you’re definitely one his hall of fame patients.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Administrators
52 minutes ago, Skyb said:

Thank you Melvin! Your forum and YouTube channel lead me to the right doctor. If it wasn’t for guys like you I’d be Botched in Turkey right now. Lol 

There’s so much hype on YouTube and even this forum, though I’ve tried to keep it 100% real. Recently, one of our members here almost died there, definitely eye opening. Stick around man, I think your transformation will inspire many. @Aftermath has some competition as the FUT king 😝 

• Like 1

View my thread

Thank you for sharing your story.

I also say this with the highest respect. You are happy and rightly so, as you look much better than before and the density is great. Money well spend, indeed. 

But if you nit-pick: The hairline close-up shows IMO that Diep is not state-of the art in distributing the grafts (he is basically using no micro irregularities). There was another thread about it in the past. There are also other aspect with are "unusual" in Dieps approach from my point of view. Considering all the great surgeons out there, I have a hard time recommending him for that reason. 

• Like 2

• Administrators

I disagree completely, you can see there are micro-irregularities close up, but you’re entitled to your opinion. 

25C7B033-69A0-4114-A39E-80514A1BFCD1.jpeg

B236D2BB-85FF-4352-9D0D-1C35016107F1.jpeg

View my thread

Thanks for your opinion. I’m deff “nit picky” but that Being said I have no complaints about the visual aesthetics. I guess under careful examination on pics with a smartphone you can find something that stands out but if you see me in person it’s 100 percent undetectable 

Yes, Diep placed some few hairs (stranglers) in front of the actual hairline, but the main hairline is built be planting one graft next to each other like soldiers. 

You can clearly see this here in the pic below. This is a great result nevertheless, but Diep is IMO not up-to date on this. 

There was a discussion about it before. 

DIEP_small.jpg

Edited by Gasthoerer
  • Like 1

I noticed that as well  When he took the pics with a high Pixel camera 3 inches from my hairline but I can assure you it is nothing of concern for me. In fact I usually examine my hairline every time i see a mirror with sharp lighting. It’s perfect in my opinion. 

I forgot to mention the scar is also undetected with short hair as low as a 3 guard. This was a huge success !

I noticed that as well  When he took the pics with a high Pixel camera 3 inches from my hairline but I can assure you it is nothing of concern for me. In fact I usually examine my hairline every time i see a mirror with sharp lighting. It’s perfect in my opinion. 

I forgot to mention the scar is also undetected with short hair as low as a 3 guard. This was a huge success !

C97C5595-FA87-4C56-B844-1464BD1E690F.png

• Administrators
44 minutes ago, Skyb said:

C97C5595-FA87-4C56-B844-1464BD1E690F.png

Wow you got a lot of coverage for 5,300 grafts. Honestly I think your hairline looks perfect, you got we he calls a “tight” hairline where the grafts were packed closely, which gives it that dense appearance. Kinda wish mine was like that 😅 I still see some scalp close up 😐

DD822FE3-C7C9-4E9D-B33E-42DE8BADF617.jpeg

View my thread

• Administrators

Damn incredible 🤩

View my thread

6 hours ago, Skyb said:

6022128D-91D1-4E2C-8819-F1F0F5F05615.jpeg

You’ve come a long ways. Congrats. 

that said, how truly dense is the coverage on top? In this top down pic you’re optimizing the density with a layering effect, ie combing all the hair forward from all the way back near the crown. 

regarding the hairline, I can see what gasthoerer is saying but I still think it looks great.