Dr Diep Fut mega session

Skyb

When my hair is wet and spiked up I can see see some scalp under the light. That being said it looks 100% more dense and I can play with diff hairstyle. I will deff go in for a second pass in 2021. Dr Diep said my scalp is “loosey Goosey” so I’m going in for a second strip boys!!!  My goal is to look like Elvis 

23 minutes ago, Skyb said:

When my hair is wet and spiked up I can see see some scalp under the light. That being said it looks 100% more dense and I can play with diff hairstyle. I will deff go in for a second pass in 2021. Dr Diep said my scalp is “loosey Goosey” so I’m going in for a second strip boys!!!  My goal is to look like Elvis 

Haha good for you, you’re certainly in a great spot already, especially if you’re sticking with fin. Any additional procedures will just be gravy. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I think the last thing anyone would do is to come up close to me and examine my hairline . With that said I still think it looks natural . But I do noticed all his patience combs their hair up, maybe for showing purposes. I’ve always have hair coming down the front all my life

2 hours ago, Cahustler said:

I think his hair is awesome. 
man if my results are more than half as good I’d be stocked .

Agree 100% I rather have a line on my forehead with all that hair any day lol

5 hours ago, ironman994 said:

What happens if you grow your hair out longer? I noticed most if not all hair transplant keep the hair short.

That’s just preference. He can do w.e he wants with his hair. 

• Administrators
On 1/31/2020 at 10:21 PM, yesplease said:

You’ve come a long ways. Congrats. 

that said, how truly dense is the coverage on top? In this top down pic you’re optimizing the density with a layering effect, ie combing all the hair forward from all the way back near the crown. 

regarding the hairline, I can see what gasthoerer is saying but I still think it looks great. 

The reality of surgery, is you’ll never achieve full density- this is why they call it an “illusion” of density. You should never approach surgery expecting true density. 

A result like skyb is what we should all strive for, the appertaining of a full head of hair. Managing expectations are vital. Definitely take a look at my “Are hair transplants an illusion” thread. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators

This you @Skyb

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Administrators
24 minutes ago, Skyb said:

Melvin yes that’s me at the follow up. I’m to shy to show whole face ! Lol

It looks even better on camera, the initial concerns that @Gasthoerer had, I can’t really see on video.

View my thread

• Administrators
15 minutes ago, Skyb said:

I kick myself for not getting a fresh cut at the barber before going in. Hair was messed up because I tried to cut It myself and didn’t use any hair products to style it lol

Dude your temple points look like some of the best I've ever seen. I'm thinking of going back to Diep to reconstruct mine, they are definitely receding. 

View my thread

On 2/19/2020 at 11:41 AM, Melvin-Moderator said:

The reality of surgery, is you’ll never achieve full density- this is why they call it an “illusion” of density. You should never approach surgery expecting true density. 

A result like skyb is what we should all strive for, the appertaining of a full head of hair. Managing expectations are vital. Definitely take a look at my “Are hair transplants an illusion” thread. 

Thanks but I certainly understand the "illusion of density" concept. I more so was attempting to ascertain to what extent the post-HT density (or "illusion") on display in the photos was a result of the grafts placed there vs the "combover" hairstyle that he uses (focusing on brushing hair from the posterior scalp forward over the mid-scalp). If you look at the top-down photos or in the video it is hard to tell how that area of graft placement faired. That said, the hairline and frontal 1/4 to 1/3 look very dense. 

• 2 weeks later...

This Goes to show you that all those weekly uploaded great results by Dr diep on YouTube are real and not fake. So if he's putting out such good results on video every week that's showing great consistency. 

On 2/26/2020 at 12:52 AM, Melvin-Moderator said:

It looks even better on camera, the initial concerns that @Gasthoerer had, I can’t really see on video.

This is a great result (density etc.) and in the video you cannot see what I am talking about, but at 1:41 there is again a (the) picture and it is obvious.

• Administrators
4 hours ago, Gasthoerer said:

This is a great result (density etc.) and in the video you cannot see what I am talking about, but at 1:41 there is again a (the) picture and it is obvious.

Yea, but we don’t see people through pictures, we see them in live motion. In live motion it looks great. Either way, not trying to convince you, you have your own opinion and I respect that. Just wanted to bring that up so others can draw their own conclusions.

View my thread

What is he saying is wrong with it? Oh is it those little spikes that go down at intervals? Yeah I don't like that either I thjnk that looks obviously artificial. But the yield and density are great. Honestly I wpild probably tell diep to NOT do those obvious downward spikes throughout the hairline on me. Doesn't look right. 

Edited by Der3k7

1 hour ago, Der3k7 said:

Oh is it those little spikes that go down at intervals? 

No, not the spikes. You NEED those spikes due to the way Diep designs his hairlines.

The issue is clearly visible on my post at the first page: Besides the spikes Diep does not use any micro irregularities. The grafts are all planted in straight lines like little soldiers. This does not mimic nature. 

This results looks still great DESPITE this issue, as the density is great, but it is still visible in certain angles. But it is not state-of-the-art work and an unnecessary risk IMO. 

• Like 1

Eh that's so negligible plus it doesn't look like it's perfectly uniform to me. He's got a better looking hairline than basically almost anyone else natural or not. No one will know anything. I'd take density, hairline design, and high yield over microirregularities any day 

Edited by Der3k7