Question for people on Fin (Please be 100% honest)

I was wondering if it was possible to take fin and have 0 influence of your libido/errection and other sides. Like literally 0% sides. Do some of you guys take fin and feel like literally nothing changed? I m preparing mentally to hop on 3x  a week fin, i dont need prescription for it where i live so its super easy to get it. I feel like i m gonna have more errection problems from depression i m gonna have from hairloss than have it from sides 

The question is: What do you define as side effects? 

The main side effect of FIN is to slows down you hairloss: It certainly works for me (and many others). The "main effects" is/may that it reduces DHT and shrinks your prostate and makes you ejaculate more "fluent"...I think that happens to almost anyone.

Regarding libido and erections: I did not see any (negative) effect. If there was one, than that my libido went up. It increases T in the end. Well, maybe the high libido is sometimes a negative effect in itself 😉

Anyway, I never supported the theory that we are purely a slave of our hormones. There are million of men with a high libido and low (natural) DHT. Hell, there are million of humans with  libido and very very low DHT...we call them women. 

7 minutes ago, Gasthoerer said:

The main side effect of FIN is to slows down you hairloss: It certainly works for me (and many others). The "main effects" is/may that it reduces DHT and shrinks your prostate and makes you ejaculate more "fluent"...I think that happens to almost anyone.

Regarding libido and erections: I did not see any (negative) effect. If there was one, than that my libido went up. It increases T in the end. Well, maybe the high libido is sometimes a negative effect in itself 😉

Anyway, I never supported the theory that we are purely a slave of our hormones. There are million of men with a high libido and low (natural) DHT. Hell, there are million of humans with  libido and very very low DHT...we call them women. 

I see your point. I guess libido problems come from elevated estrogen and not blocked DHT. But still, you really dont feel any degradation in libido? I m not on any medication but i have couple of days where my libido is low because nobody has high libido all the time. My question is more like: can you achieve your hardest errection  like before taking the drug? Is your dick as hard as it used to be? (no homo :D)

6 minutes ago, Gasthoerer said:

Agree with that.  I remember around 30-31 I noticed my libido drop off - not drastically - but certainly reduced by say 25% over what it was early 20s, and maybe lost 1% a year ever since. 

I have also noticed the phenomenon that it goes up 12-24 hours after taking fin.

I had not even touched fin until 34.

Never had my T levels checked but no problems putting on size in the gym even at age 41.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

7 minutes ago, 1978matt said:

Agree with that.  I remember around 30-31 I noticed my libido drop off - not drastically - but certainly reduced by say 25% over what it was early 20s, and maybe lost 1% a year ever since. 

I have also noticed the phenomenon that it goes up 12-24 hours after taking fin.

I had not even touched fin until 34.

Never had my T levels checked but no problems putting on size in the gym even at age 41.

Chad!

1 hour ago, Thisisnotatest333 said:

1. I guess libido problems come from elevated estrogen and not blocked DHT.

2. But still, you really dont feel any degradation in libido? I m not on any medication but i have couple of days where my libido is low because nobody has high libido all the time.

3. My question is more like: can you achieve your hardest errection like before taking the drug? Is your dick as hard as it used to be? (no homo :D)

1. My guess: The libido problems are coming from thinking to much about your libido and how hard your erection is. 

2. You answered your question yourself. Libido is not the same all the time for anyone. Mine is high anyway, and FIN had no decreasing effect. Actually I hoped it would go down on FIN, but maybe it even went up.

3. "As hard as it used to be", lol. Sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't. But honestly, why should there be any correlation with FIN? It is not like you Johnson is built from DHT. One can discuss an effect on libido, but once you are aroused and you are relaxed why should FIN effect the "result"?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Gasthoerer said:

1. My guess: The libido problems are coming from thinking to much about your libido and how hard your erection is. 

2. You answered your question yourself. Libido is not the same all the time for anyone. Mine is high anyway, and FIN had no decreasing effect. Actually I hoped it would go down on FIN, but maybe it even went up.

3. "As hard as it used to be", lol. Sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't. But honestly, why should there be any correlation with FIN? It is not like you Johnson is built from DHT. One can discuss an effect on libido, but once you are aroused and you are relaxed why should FIN effect the "result"?

Because DHT is corelated with libido. People who take "testestorne" boosters get much higher libido. And they dont get their test boosted, only DHT, which makes those boosters useless. There are a lot more things that fin surpresses other than DHT which can affect GABA receptors and their sensitivity. Its kinda scary. But yeah, maybe just giving it a try wouldnt harm more than depression because of hairloss.

57 minutes ago, Thisisnotatest333 said:

Because DHT is corelated with libido. People who take "testestorne" boosters get much higher libido. And they dont get their test boosted, only DHT, which makes those boosters useless. There are a lot more things that fin surpresses other than DHT which can affect GABA receptors and their sensitivity. Its kinda scary. But yeah, maybe just giving it a try wouldnt harm more than depression because of hairloss.

As much as research does support your claims, I do believe alot of it is placebo effects. When people are expecting their libido to drop, the overthinking of the person does definitely has a higher impact than the actual effects of finasteride on your DHT. Fin doesn't even remove all of your DHT from serum, just reduces the amount. It's still there. It's not like you have no libido and can't get an erection because fin removed all your DHT. It's the overthinking that ruins it much more than fin itself. Try it and see how you react (how your psyche reacts) don't worry and try to forget you're on fin. Especially if you're a younger person, I bet you won't have any problems.

4 hours ago, Gasthoerer said:

If there was one, than that my libido went up. It increases T in the end. Well, maybe the high libido is sometimes a negative effect in itself 😉

I thought I was the only to have increased libido using fina.
A very prepared local doc told me that paradoxically  it can be a "side effect" of fina...
Do you know what?
During the last 2 weeks I started to use fina+saw palmetto and...my libido is highest than ever!
same thing for my erections!

I quite recently went from a daily dose of 0.25 mg (splitting a 1 mg pill into four) to 2.5 mg. So that's like a tenfold increase. The up-dosing was kind of on the doctor's whim, rather than something I was seeking. But nothing noticeable with side effects at that bigger dose.

Why would you split a 1mg tab? For how long did you do this? Did it help you with retention?.

I gather you are now taking a 5mg tab and splitting in two?  Why?  Have you consulted with a doctor about this? If so, I would get a second opinion.

There is a reason why the manufacturer suggests a specific dose when it comes to hair retention.  Any deviation, in my view, is just plain ignorance..

Ah right, no I haven't been freelancing. In each case since I first used it (late 2017), I followed what got prescribed.

But so as not to hijack the side-effects theme of this thread, I'll think of something to say about it the next time I update on how my various interventions are tracking.

On 1/30/2020 at 4:25 AM, LaserCap said:

Why would you split a 1mg tab? For how long did you do this? Did it help you with retention?.

I gather you are now taking a 5mg tab and splitting in two?  Why?  Have you consulted with a doctor about this? If so, I would get a second opinion.

There is a reason why the manufacturer suggests a specific dose when it comes to hair retention.  Any deviation, in my view, is just plain ignorance..

Why splitting 1 mg tab

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3481923/

by the other way, the suggested dose is generic by definition while a specific subject may need more or less than that.

Ditched fin about 5 years ago after a failed romantic encounter after drinking for 12+ hours. It was only when I spoke to a surgeon a few weeks later I was told I’m a ****ing idiot & been back on it ever since.

No decrease in libido whatsoever. 

14 hours ago, Sybutwhy? said:

Ditched fin about 5 years ago after a failed romantic encounter after drinking for 12+ hours. It was only when I spoke to a surgeon a few weeks later I was told I’m a ****ing idiot & been back on it ever since.

No decrease in libido whatsoever. 

great news there.