Jump to content
Melvin-Moderator

Hair Transplant Patient Almost Dies in Turkey *Forum Member

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, Dr. Pekiner Hair Clinic said:

 

The reference is pretty clear since he only had graft extractions with dr. Pekiner and I was sent here by a patient worried about the clinic not having basic medical supply. So everything is pretty obvious for everyone, still in your opinion I should remain silent and let the wrong speculation being displayed forever without even answering. What's your next step, asking for my ban because I dared to give an explanation?

I never said he lied, he told the truth, still there's no reason for speculating about the clinic not having life saving medicines in case of anaphylactic shock just because he didn't get a antihistaminic tablet that is not a treatment used in case of shock but mainly for pollen allergy.

 

Dr Pekiner Clinic,
I had only good words for the doctor during this month so I think to be a reliable person.
In fact, I started a topic where I said I was really glad to the doctor and I said he is the most ethical person I've ever met.
There are a lot of my posts where I say that dr Pekiner is one of the best surgeon on the market and I strongly recommend him as first choice.
Anyway, we are here to share our experiences and we are morally obligated to tell the whole store, the good, the bad and the ugly.
As @Portugal25 pointed out  (another person that has only good words for dr Pekiner), you are having a very bad attitude.
I told a story, din't name names, you decided to reply and  confirmed it is true but, nonetheless, you offend me saying that I make "meaningless conjectures".
I didn't say nothing more than what happen in that room. 
It is very irritating the way you try to minimize saying that sedatives and oral antihistaminic are not mandatory for the clinic, because "they are pollen allergy medications" and "a clinic is not a pharmacy".
Let me be honest, this a very ignorant statement and, in fact, the doctor himself  asked to bring me that medicines. In any case,  I do not want to go into a medical discussion.
every reader can make his own opinion about the fact that the clinic wasn't provided with the medicines - sedative and antihistaminic -  that the doctor said I was in need.
 

Edited by duchaine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/10/2020 at 11:36 AM, Portugal25 said:

Dr. Pekiner Hair Clinic, first I don`t understand the need for you write in this thread because the terrible ordeal that happened to @Glam Hair has nothing to do with Dr. Pekiner.

Secondly, if @duchainea patient of the clinic you represent says he`s discontent because of the lack of oral tablets of any kind then it`s your job as the rep of a Luxury clinic to have written a very simple reply "We deeply apologize and have implemented internal procedures to assure this will not be happening again".

I do this every time my company fails to comply with a client expectations because as the saying goes "the customer is always right" and if we don`t better ourselves then we go out of business.

I strongly urge you to change your tone towards patients that happen to write any form of critic because every Doctor or clinic can make a mistake (obviously not like the one in this thread) and unfortunately your anwers are giving Dr. Pekiner a undeserved bad reputation.

As I said my need to write here came from patients scared of the fact that that the clinic wasn't provided with the basic pharmaceuticals in case of emergencies (specifically anaphylactic shock). The false conjecture needed a reply. I knew I would be strongly attacked but still I couldn't let this false information stay here and damage clinic reputation. I am sorry for the tablet not being available but still it is not a pharmaceutical needed in case of anaphylactic shock.

--

More in general my only interest is to clarify that the clinic has got all the medicines needed in case of anaphylactic shock and other common complications that can occur during surgery.

This sentence

-- I said "what does it happen if I get an anaphylactic shock?" --

scared more than one patient, coming to me and questioning about the clinic not having pharmaceuticals against anaphylactic shock.

That's why I wrote here.

Edited by Dr. Pekiner Hair Clinic

Dr. Pekiner Hair Clinic advisor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dr. Pekiner Hair Clinic said:

 I knew I would be strongly attacked but still I couldn't let this false information stay here and damage clinic reputation. I am sorry for the tablet not being available but still it is not a pharmaceutical needed in case of anaphylactic shock.

--

.

This sentence

-- I said "what does it happen if I get an anaphylactic shock?" --

scared more than one patient, coming to me and questioning about the clinic not having pharmaceuticals against anaphylactic shock.

That's why I wrote here.

Dr Pekiner Hair Clinic,
If  someone got scared reading my story,  the experience was more frightening for me.
We are judged by our actions. People listen the facts and make their own opinion.
I can't say if the clinic had pharmaceutical against anaphylactic shock  and  I never said they didn't.
I can tell that the clinic was not provided with "basic pre-medications" (oral sedative and oral antihistaminic) the doctor asked for me.
If you are trying to win the trust of these patients, you are going in the wrong direction.
As  @Portugal25 pointed out, you should apologize and assure that you'll try to improve your internal procedure to assure that this won't happen again.
In my humble opinion, the fact that you came here insulting and complaining that I'm spreading "false information" while in your previous post you admitted that my story is true doesn't make you credible to the readers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dr. Pekiner Hair Clinic said:

As I said my need to write here came from patients scared of the fact that that the clinic wasn't provided with the basic pharmaceuticals in case of emergencies (specifically anaphylactic shock). The false conjecture needed a reply. I knew I would be strongly attacked but still I couldn't let this false information stay here and damage clinic reputation. I am sorry for the tablet not being available but still it is not a pharmaceutical needed in case of anaphylactic shock.

--

More in general my only interest is to clarify that the clinic has got all the medicines needed in case of anaphylactic shock and other common complications that can occur during surgery.

This sentence

-- I said "what does it happen if I get an anaphylactic shock?" --

scared more than one patient, coming to me and questioning about the clinic not having pharmaceuticals against anaphylactic shock.

That's why I wrote here.

Why does your clinic offer discounts to patients for them to share experience on forums that you are not an affiliated clinic with? Several patients on here have confirmed this. Not even sure if that is tolerated here. @Melvin-Moderator, could you chime in?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, LonelyGraft said:

Why does your clinic offer discounts to patients for them to share experience on forums that you are not an affiliated clinic with? Several patients on here have confirmed this. Not even sure if that is tolerated here. @Melvin-Moderator, could you chime in?

Where are you getting this information? This is strictly against our policy, we want our forum to be filled with genuine reviews, this seriously undermines our forum. Please send me proof ASAP. 


I do not provide medical advice, recommendations, all responses are my opinion.

My Hair Transplant Journey

Melvin- Associate Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @thehairtransplantnetwork FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@LonelyGraft @Melvin-Moderator it seems to me , it is not by posting on this forum that you receive a discount, but on that famous Italian forum that I often talk about and on which many other things happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Where are you getting this information? This is strictly against our policy, we want our forum to be filled with genuine reviews, this seriously undermines our forum. Please send me proof ASAP. 

@Melvin-Moderator Everyone that asks for a discount to Dr. Pekiner  like probably get a discount and the patient representative will in return ask the patients to please post and update their results on the Italian forum (without any obligation).
I had 2 close friends that also got this discount and they didn’t post on the Italian forum or any other forum (they still got the discount)! 

Neither myself or my 2 close friends signed any contract stating we have to post our results in order to get the discount as this is just something the rep asked because according to them, they want the world to see how good is the Doctor. 

I asked @Guano several times to post his results at HRN out of my own curiosity and now that he finally decided to post his results out of his own free will HRN has censored them...

Dr. Rahal also gave me a discount in 2008 and his patient rep also asked me (under no obligation) if I could post my results and I’m pretty sure he asked this regularly to patients. So, will you also be censoring Rahal’s patients since 2008 until today?

To my knowledge, no patient of Dr. Pekiner is being paid to post and update their results so for me it’s clear that HRN deleting patients that freely decide to post their results without being paid to do so should be considered censoring, something that until today was not allowed at HRN! 

Also, It seems like there a lot of animosity towards anything written by Dr. Pekiner’s representative which has escalated to HRN basically censoring all of Pekiner patients.
As a patient of Dr. Pekiner I must ask HRN not penalize Dr. Pekiner and his patients due to the arrogant tone sometimes used by his rep because this is a world class Doctor getting amazing results and HRN members have the right to see results from real patients posting out of their own free will. 

Edited by Portugal25
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Where are you getting this information? This is strictly against our policy, we want our forum to be filled with genuine reviews, this seriously undermines our forum. Please send me proof ASAP. 

In can tell you my experience.

i could choose between 2,25 per graft or 2,15 per graft posting results on the italian forum.

anyway, the clinic doesn’t make mystery of that and it is honestly reported on Pekiner’s advertising.

@LonelyGraft i think we should stay focused on the main topic. 

Edited by duchaine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, duchaine said:

In can tell you my experience.

i could choose between 2,25 per graft or 2,15 per graft posting results on the italian forum.

anyway, the clinic doesn’t make mystery of that and it is honestly reported on Pekiner’s advertising.

@LonelyGraft i think we should stay focused on the main topic. 

@Melvin-Moderator #uncensorGuano

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that @Melvin-Moderator should cose this topic.

he started to talk about a really seriuos problem.

I shared my scary experience and now it is turned into a war.

dr pekiner clinic started to offend me.

other guys offended dr pekiner clinic.

And everything is turning into a meaningless war.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Portugal25 said:

@Melvin-Moderator Everyone that asks for a discount to Dr. Pekiner  like probably get a discount and the patient representative will in return ask the patients to please post and update their results on the Italian forum (without any obligation).
I had 2 close friends that also got this discount and they didn’t post on the Italian forum or any other forum (they still got the discount)! 

Neither myself or my 2 close friends signed any contract stating we have to post our results in order to get the discount as this is just something the rep asked because according to them, they want the world to see how good is the Doctor. 

I asked @Guano several times to post his results at HRN out of my own curiosity and now that he finally decided to post his results out of his own free will HRN has censored them...

Dr. Rahal also gave me a discount in 2008 and his patient rep also asked me (under no obligation) if I could post my results and I’m pretty sure he asked this regularly to patients. So, will you also be censoring Rahal’s patients since 2008 until today?

To my knowledge, no patient of Dr. Pekiner is being paid to post and update their results so for me it’s clear that HRN deleting patients that freely decide to post their results without being paid to do so should be considered censoring, something that until today was not allowed at HRN! 

Also, It seems like there a lot of animosity towards anything written by Dr. Pekiner’s representative which has escalated to HRN basically censoring all of Pekiner patients.
As a patient of Dr. Pekiner I must ask HRN not penalize Dr. Pekiner and his patients due to the arrogant tone sometimes used by his rep because this is a world class Doctor getting amazing results and HRN members have the right to see results from real patients posting out of their own free will. 

I haven’t censored anybody. The thread is still open. I have only locked it until further investigation. Also, I’m confused how I misinterpreted your post. When @LonelyGraft clearly asked if you were given a discount to post your review, and you said yes, and you said @Guano did too. Apparently, there is another member who told him the same. 

I have reached out to the clinic to let them know that giving financial incentives to post on our forum is not allowed, as this creates an unfair environment. Do you not see how this practice undermines the very fabric of that we stand for?

The scales will be tipped in favor of physicians who have patients posting for ulterior motives aka money. I haven’t blocked, deleted or hidden any comments or threads, at this point I have been completely transparent on our vision and goals.

We welcome everyone to post their genuine reviews. I will allow your thread to be open, although I’m fairly certain you were being honest about the discount , I do think you’re being genuine. 

That said, we have checks and balances in this forum to ensure things are fair. Until I receive a response from the clinic and I’m assured they are not doing this- mentioning this doctors name will need to be approved.

Once I’m assured that they are not doing this, or will no longer do this I will unlock the new threads and remove this flag. 

Lastly, I hope the community sees and understands why it’s vital for the forum to be free of this sort of thing, it becomes a slippery slope. We’ve seen it happen before, and we just can’t have that here. 

Best wishes, 

 

46DE53AC-6658-4D6F-BB71-3FF60123CAC4.jpeg

  • Like 2

I do not provide medical advice, recommendations, all responses are my opinion.

My Hair Transplant Journey

Melvin- Associate Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @thehairtransplantnetwork FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey @Melvin-Moderator, my take away from this issue was that this Doctor, now with his own new clinic likely wanted to get the word out on other foreign forums (that he might financially be marketing on) and offered a per graft price discount if patients posted on those forums their progress, I totally agree with your actions on OP’s thread until you get clarification from Dr Pekiner, that said, I believe Guano likely just wanted to share his experience here as he found this forum more trustworthy than the foreign ones. All that said, I did notice more mentions in comments and posting of Dr Pekiner over the last few months.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Melvin-Moderator like I said I also got a discount from Rahal and his rep also asked me post my results without any signed commitment from my part (he just asked me to do so if possible). 

Dr. Pekiner patient representative did the same he just asked for me to post my results at the Italian forum but under no contractual obligation to do so nor any incentive to post updates. Therefore, I don`t see how this could undermine HRN as I can chose not to post any results or even delete my thread without any consequence other than depriving other HRN members from seeing results from Dr. Pekiner.

I must correct myself because I was the one that told the patient rep I was going to post at HRN and other forums (Spanish, Turkish, French) because he just cared about the Italian forum. 

I was already going to post my results at HRN to show if the Dr. Pekiner did a good or bad job with me so I have to ask this question, did I have to refuse the discount in order to be able to post my results in the forums?

If so, I have to say that makes no sense because we all want to pay less for our surgery and all HRN member want to share their journey with the community.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This will be my last response on this thread. I say what I do, and mean what I say. 

At this forum, we take a firm stance. Now, this may not be popular with every member, but it is necessary for checks and balances. 

It’s a slippery slope, because first it starts with a discount, then $100 gift card, so on and so forth. We have seen this before, if we allow this behavior where does it stop? 

We want our members to join and post because they want to share their experiences, not because they’re getting a discount. How does this undermine our community?

That’s very simple, there are hundreds surgeons that are not in a position to financially incentivize their patients. Is it fair to have the forum flooded with members posting for financial gain, while other members may not get the same attention, due to being drowned out by sheer volume. 

Again, I’m not censoring I’m checking, to make sure it’s balanced. I’m awaiting the clinics response, and once we’re all on the same page we can move on. Any further discussion can be posted on a separate thread or through my PM.

  • Like 2

I do not provide medical advice, recommendations, all responses are my opinion.

My Hair Transplant Journey

Melvin- Associate Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @thehairtransplantnetwork FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×