Dutasteride + finasteride

CEML

Since dutasteride by itself lowers blood dht by about 90% when used daily and finasteride by about 65-70% there’s really no use in taking both at once. I highly doubt they are additive if you take both. Dutasteride has a higher affinity to 5alpha reductase than finasteride and also binds to both type 1 and type 2 5ar whereas finasteride only affects type 1. Do choose which one you want to take and stick to that. Definitely follow up with you prescribing doctor however.

1 minute ago, LonelyGraft said:

Since dutasteride by itself lowers blood dht by about 90% when used daily and finasteride by about 65-70% there’s really no use in taking both at once. I highly doubt they are additive if you take both. Dutasteride has a higher affinity to 5alpha reductase than finasteride and also binds to both type 1 and type 2 5ar whereas finasteride only affects type 1. Do choose which one you want to take and stick to that. Definitely follow up with you prescribing doctor however.

Even if dutasteride taken at 0.5mg whereas finasteride at 1mg?

Just now, CEML said:

Even if dutasteride taken at 0.5mg whereas finasteride at 1mg?

Yes, dutasteride at .5mg a day is still stronger than 1mg of finasteride (look at what i cited for dht levels in my previous post). It’s not about the amount of drug in this case, it’s about how efficiently they work. Dutasteride has a risk for higher side effects since it’s stronger however. In my personal experience, I had worse side effects on dutasteride compared to finasteride. Please research these drugs thoroughly or at least speak to your doctor before use.

• 3 months later...