Choosing FUT with Hasson & Wong (as opposed to FUE) - Am I an idiot?

• Administrators
12 hours ago, John Doe said:

This is one reason why I chose Rahal.  This and their phone call was better. H and W rep seemed annoyed and disinterested. One minute basically saying you want surgery here or not then that was it. Rahal staff talked on the phone for 15-20 explaining things and answering questions. Hasson and Wong was charging $8 cad and also $8 usd when I asked about conversion. Thought it was shady. Rahal charged whatever price in cad and let you use credit card or whatever converting usd.  

Well that’s not good, what was their name? The clinic should be aware. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 1/28/2020 at 1:52 AM, hairlossPA said:

i’m possibly eyeing up a FUT with H&W as well. I think even the slightest possibility of having a better result via FUT rather than FUE is a major point. atleast for me. The scar and recovery are what make me nervous however

Same for me.  I seriously think of getting FUT even though it is relatively small job (~2500),  because of the same reasons.  But my question is - is there any surgeon in Hasson level at Europe?? Canada too far for me... 

10 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Well that’s not good, what was their name? The clinic should be aware. 

Honestly can’t remember. It was a male. From the first 15 seconds, I felt like he was getting off his shift and had somewhere to be or just not a people person. I asked about the price on the website or conversion rates, and he seemed irritated saying no it’s $8 and that’s it. He said get a hold of us when you make a decision. At the time, I was between Rahal and H&W. Rahals customer service reps were much more sociable and willing to do a video chat 

On 1/27/2020 at 12:50 PM, CatsMeow83 said:

I know there are a ton of threads debating FUT vs. FUE, and they have been very helpful.  But I was hoping to get some specific feedback on my situation.  My current plan is to schedule an FUT procedure with Hasson & Wong (Dr. Hasson, specifically).  I am choosing FUT over FUE solely due to the cost savings, but I am having second thoughts about whether I'm making a smart decision by opting for the more invasive FUT procedure simply to save money. 

Strongly suggest you get FUE. Have a couple of friends who had FUT and their front doesnt look right and the back with the scar was highly noticeable. I was at a club with one of them. The girls next to us asked us "whats up with your friend did he have brain surgery on his head or something?".

We're at the point where FUE produces as much or more density as FUT.

The dudes I've seen at clinics who got FUE look very good with high density. Get it. Trust me you'll be happy you did. And no girl will nudge at your friend at a club inquiring about your hair.

Edited by alboz