Aloe Vera Redness post Fue

Hi. I'm 9 days post op. This is my first time ever having a hair transplant so I was curious what people have used to help deal with the redness In the recipient area.

I've read that aloe vera gel can be helpful.

This is all new to me so I'm pretty much lost in the forest in terms of what to expect. At this point it seems most of my scabs have come off so I would think it would be a good time

to start using something to help with the redness.

thanks,

Photo on 1-26-20 at 12.51 PM #2.jpg

Congratulations on your HT. Aloe Vera by Dr.Organic is really good for your DONER AREA.  Please check with your clinic before you apply if to your RECIPENT AREA.

You can use it also for an itchy scalp .

The redness will start to fade gradually after a few weeks.

All the best.

Paddy

• Administrators

You can use aloe vera, although I don't know how helpful it will be for redness. Honestly, I would probably just wear a fringe hairstyle to cover the hairline for a few weeks, until the redness subsides.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

13 hours ago, paddyirishman said:

Congratulations on your HT. Aloe Vera by Dr.Organic is really good for your DONER AREA.  Please check with your clinic before you apply if to your RECIPENT AREA.

You can use it also for an itchy scalp .

The redness will start to fade gradually after a few weeks.

All the best.

Paddy

I am using Aloe Vera gel as suggested by you in some other thread since the past about 2 weeks. TBH no results so far.

Aloe Vera is excellent especially on the DONER AREA for healing and for an itchy DONER AREA.

For the RECIPENT AREA it works best as a moisturiser,  as @Melvin-Moderator said it wont do a great deal for the redness as that needs time to fade away very gradually . However it is important to speak with the clinic about putting anything on your RECIPENT AREA especially in the first few weeks after surgery.

All the best.

Paddy

• Like 1

• Administrators

Like Paddy said, redness can persist, it will subside in due time.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Witch hazel may help or Arnica cream and or tablets also. It will take time and the redder areas are usually the hair line that has had more density but it will fade even on its own and look worse usually under fluorescent light as opposed to natural light but a normal part of the process to have it with neo-vascularity and inflammation that is there but will subside. Avoid also Sauna or extreme heat to it as said here already.  I found also a laser comb for me personally also sped up healing and following a good diet for inflammation. Of course, check all with your clinic. 

Edited by sl

I represent Dr. Bisanga.

Dr. Christian Bisanga is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

Let's keep in mind he is just beyond a week post-op...things should improve as the swelling and inflammation subsides.

• Like 1

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

thank you very much everyone. I should probably post this question. But in terms of exercise. I play tennis usually for 2-3 hours. I was told to wait two weeks

to wait to play again. Curious what other opinions are? And if it's okay to wear sun block even though I will be wearing a hat

thank you everyone for replying. 

Yes wait 2 weeks before excersise you need to heal somewhat. 

Wearing a hat to protect your scalp from the sun is the sensible thing to do, however I wouldn't put anything on your RECIPENT at this point in time. As always talk  your clinic before you put anything on your RECIPENT  especially in the early days post HT .

.....Paddy...

You should really discuss this with your surgeon.

• Like 1

Gillenator

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

I used personally a week after surgery and saw studies on it and for me it did speed healing also. As said see your doctor but I can't see any problem at all on you using it now to be perfectly honest. If patients have a LLLT device we say then no harm to employ it also, remove teeth if a comb if using after a week etc.

I represent Dr. Bisanga.

Dr. Christian Bisanga is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

On 1/31/2020 at 4:07 PM, gillenator said:

You should really discuss this with your surgeon.

Just curious...what did your surgeon have to say?

Gillenator