Dr. Özlem Bicer - Best Hair Transplant Experience

JamesNYC

I cannot speak more highly about my experience with Ozlem Bicer and her clinic for my FUE hair transplant ~ 6 weeks ago.

As is common knowledge, researching and finding the right doctor for this procedure (that you definitely DON’T want to mess up) from a foreign country can be extremely overwhelming. During the process of searching, I spoke to probably 15 clinics, many of which came to a lower price point than Ozlem Bicer. There are two very important things to consider during this search: (1) Do not be swayed by clinics with hundreds of positive reviews. There is a lot of online noise that can mislead in this competitive space. And (2) Always ask the clinic how many operations a day they perform and who is performing it. Many clinics had a doctors name on it but admitted to having 7 - 16 operations PER day with technicians handling the whole operation. Ozlem Bicer does just 1 operation a day.

The whole staff are working for you for that whole day. This operation that is so important to get right is being handled with utmost care and you have a highly personable and experienced doctor leading and handling it. It’s also incredibly helpful that she speaks great English.

Beyond that, the 5 star hotel is directly across the street from the clinic and the coordinator that handled all the booking, the airport transportation and any questions was exceptional, available at almost any time of day. Dr Bicer, herself, even agreed to a video call with me during the evaluation process.

What’s been most amazing for me is that they are answering every question I have after I’m back home in London (I live in NYC usually in case you're wondering about my username!) — so there’s a continued support and care. It is clear that they genuinely care about my wellbeing and the result rather than having me on a customer conveyor belt and saying goodbye to me once I fly away.

The operation itself is very long. I highly recommend you bring wireless earbuds to entertain yourself. The only uncomfortable bit is the anaesthesia although it helped that Dr. Bicer held my hand during this process!

So so appreciate the service and experience Dr. Bicer and team! I know I was in the best of hands and will be recommending this clinic to every man I know that is considering a hair transplant, too. And I’m very excited for my result! 

What's been exciting to hear so far is 2 hairdressers have told me it's the best job they've ever seen. Usually doctors take the grafts from the donor area from one area so it's very obvious. With my head, you can't see any difference in the donor area!

IMG_0487.jpg

IMG_0491.jpg

IMG_1862.jpg

IMG_1870.jpg

IMG_1871.jpg

• Like 1

Oh for god’s sake, Ducahine. I’m not a doctor and I don’t know if it’s the BEST doctor in the world but she made me feel like it was the best decision I could have made because of how professional it was and how they answered everything and are still in touch with me checking on my result. I leave this experience feeling beyond confident. Do with this review as you wish. Yes, this is out of my own good will and am not being paid to write a review...

• Like 2

• Administrators

I agree with Duchaine,

Be careful calling surgeons the "best" if you don't know the results. In 12 months you could be saying that clinic is the worst. I suggest changing the title to "best experience" because that is all you can go by right now.

• Like 4

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

@JamesNYC I have to agree with @duchaine  and @Melvin-Moderatorbecause not even the Turkish forum has patients posting results from this Doctors and the only real 12 month patient result I could find on this Doctor was at the Italian forum and it’s really bad!
Granted that even the best Doc in world can have a bad result but this Doctor only has 1 bad result and 4 others patients posting that had surgery less than 3 months ago (too soon to tell) at a forum that is known for censoring patients posting bad results. 

Unlike Keser, Pekiner and HLC that have dozens if not hundreds of patients posting their great results on online forums. 

Keep posting every month and in 12 months let’s compare your results with the current best in Turkey: Keser, Pekiner and HLC.

Also, you gave almost zero information regarding your hair transplant like the technique used for extraction and implantation, the punch size, manual or motorized, maximum grafts per day, use of technicians or Doctor doing the whole surgery, surgery timetable, price per graft, etc.

I sincerely hope your results can match the great experience you had during surgery and hope you can provide more information on said experience.

Edited by Portugal25
  • Like 3

• 8 months later...

First time seeing your thread, thanks for sharing. Thought it was a bit funny when you said she held your hand during the anesthesia needling, had to do a quick image search. And I must say my old fart doctor couldn't say he ever looked quite this nice. :D

image.thumb.png.591bc2fa3522f77033d0982d1cc5bbc3.png

Edited by ciaus
  • Haha 4

The result is good. 3,500 is quite a lot. The surgeons I've contacted have estimated that I'll need 1,800 to 2,800 grafts, most of them seem to say I'll need 2,300 or so. However Dr Bice's assistant gave a provisional estimate of 3,000 which I thought was high, although this still hasn't been clarified and I'm still waiting to hear back from Bice personally.

Concerning the above comment - lol she's a bit of a dream alright :)

• 1 month later...
On 10/19/2020 at 9:37 PM, JamesNYC said:

Sure! Here are a few quick shots for you right now. 
I'm very happy with the results and it will continue getting better through December (1 year)

Photo on 10-19-20 at 2.34 PM #3.jpg

Hey man, it looks quite good! Can you please take a much more clear picture of your hairline? (closeup).

Are you satisfied with your hairline? How "Natural" is it? 

• Administrators

Hairline looks good you must be thrilled.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

On 10/19/2020 at 8:02 PM, Rossybop said:

The result is good. 3,500 is quite a lot. The surgeons I've contacted have estimated that I'll need 1,800 to 2,800 grafts, most of them seem to say I'll need 2,300 or so. However Dr Bice's assistant gave a provisional estimate of 3,000 which I thought was high, although this still hasn't been clarified and I'm still waiting to hear back from Bice personally.

Concerning the above comment - lol she's a bit of a dream alright :)

Taking a quick glance at her results it seems like a higher graft count and a more aggressive approach is somewhat common. That's not intended to be a knock, as other highly regarded surgeons like Dr. Hasson are also known to do so if donor allows, just an observation.

The results seem to have good volume and density, so it's not like the grafts are going to waste, but I understand wanting to be more conservative.

@JamesNYC any idea what the graft distribution was? Looks generally like an emphasis on the frontal third with a smaller amount for improved crown coverage.

Edited by Mycroft
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

Taking a quick glance at her results it seems like a higher graft count and a more aggressive approach is somewhat common. That's not intended to be a knock, as other highly regarded surgeons like Dr. Hasson are also known to do so if donor allows, just an observation.

The results seem to have good volume and density, so it's not like the grafts are going to waste, but I understand wanting to be more conservative.

@JamesNYC any idea what the graft distribution was? Looks generally like an emphasis on the frontal third with a smaller amount for improved crown coverage.

The different approach that surgeons take astounds me. Bicer said I'd need 3,000+ grafts now and another touch up 12 months down the line for a satisfying result. That's twice as aggressive as what other surgeons have estimated. Its a huge difference.

Her work seems good though, so I'm not saying she's bad, but I do wonder why so many surgeons suggest other perspectives. It can leave you feeling as if you don't know who's right and who's wrong.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rossybop said:

The different approach that surgeons take astounds me. Bicer said I'd need 3,000+ grafts now and another touch up 12 months down the line for a satisfying result. That's twice as aggressive as what other surgeons have estimated. Its a huge difference.

Her work seems good though, so I'm not saying she's bad, but I do wonder why so many surgeons suggest other perspectives. It can leave you feeling as if you don't know who's right and who's wrong.

There's obviously not a bunch of regulation or standardization in the industry, but then again they are functionally artists. The individual approach and techniques of doctors is part of what should draw you to them in the first place. It's a very individualistic thing. I would say there are a number of able doctors out there, but of those doctors there may be only a few that can best help you achieve your goals.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Administrators

Would love to see an update.

View my thread