Shock loss donor and recepient area

BigShort

Hi everyone, 

I got my hair transplant(FUE method with a surgeon) like 50 + days back. Around 4000 grafts. Earlier I was Norwood 6. 

I started seeing shock loss on my recipient and donor area. 

Few questions.

1) Donor area skin is peeling off, is it normal? 

2) How bad does the donor area shock loss look like? Is it permanent or temporary? 

3) How bad does the recipient area shock loss look like? Is it permanent or temporary? 

Please refer screenshots below for reference. (Do let me know if you need more info)

Donor area, shock loss happened on 15th day

IMG_4010.thumb.jpg.675b34bcc414ebfe548c744aefdc69cf.jpg

Shock loss in recipient area. Native and transplanted area lost and this bald spot is visible. Shock loss here around after 40 days. 

IMG_4161.thumb.jpg.b8a92758eab245eb9def88f500ba6500.jpg

• Like 1

Bummer on the shock-loss.  It does happen but just be patient.  You will see great dividends everywhere in 3-4 more months.

• Like 1

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

@JohnCasper @lovinitl9 @Abi28 Thanks for your responses. I am being patient and waiting for the next 3-4 month. 

I had few other questions If you folks can help me on that 

1) Would you recommend PRP injections for fast hair regrowth ? Or is it just a myth that PRP helps?

2) Would you recommend Head full head massage for blood circulation or any other advantages?

3) Should I apply minoxidil to the donor hair loss site? I use the 5% minoxidil once at night application as recommended by my clinic. 

Any other tips/suggestions/recommendations to regrow hair at shock loss site and recipient site will be appreciated. Thanks! 

• Administrators

Definitely looks like shock loss, be patient it should subside.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 1 year later...

Yes, we're very curious to see how you have recovered since January.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• Administrators

How are things progressing?

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.