My 2 hair transplants. Opinions?

funkymunky

Hi All

I have had 2 fut transplants. One in 2013 on the front and one in 2018 on the crown.

My hairloss  was pretty advanced and I used to be on propecia. I stopped taking it a couple of years before the first transplant. I wanted nature to take its course and implant into the bald areas.

the second transplant was on the crown which was pretty bare. It was about 2000 grafts and understood that it would just cover the area and expect another on it soon.

looking at another on the crown to thicken up. Do you think it would work?

What are your honest opinions on the progress so far out of interest? 

sorry the pics are not I. Order I don’t know how to adjust. Should be self explain story but:

photo at the top - crown after 1 year. 2000 fut 2nd transplant

2- crown before the 2nd fut

3,4,5,9 - before first fut on the front

6,7,8 - after first fut on front

10 front - 6 years after front 

FF090094-32ED-4DEC-9230-B83FAA22AD76.jpeg

EF417163-5A75-4219-BBD5-76AEEB047EFD.jpeg

EF24F07D-ADF0-4727-882E-07681D406C7F.jpeg

58226902-815C-42CD-928B-D7DC6A9609FD.jpeg

4021F768-D270-4366-A5CB-543EA248FCCE.jpeg

780C2FD7-8CAF-47B0-8F87-8D10033053E0.jpeg

7D5C2DCF-38EF-4D35-900E-92E4C58215C6.jpeg

2CE4BD80-399E-4F00-B475-6740F1DEF93E.jpeg

9800A837-E76B-4EA7-9836-C457A1E02DF3.jpeg

579BB91A-4185-4D85-89FF-66AC08AB56AC.jpeg

Hello @funkymunky.  I think you look very good at this moment in time.

You have gone conservative on your hairline area which really suits you. 

Your crown looks good, you used 2000 grafts. 

So that' leaves the mid scalp where nothing has been done. Your pattern shows that you will lose that.

You have done 2 FUT HTs already , so it's likely your looking at FUE next.  You have a great wave in your hair which will help coverage. 

If you use more precious grafts from your scalp now on your crown  and when you lose the middle you will regret it. I think you should concentrate on the mid scalp , and maybe improving the hairline a little bit next , and forget the crown for now.

You have used 2000 grafts into the crown already what would make a big difference to it would be to implant 1500 beard grafts to it. 

The above approach would cover all angles and give you an excellent improvement and you would be set for life.

.....Paddy...

11 hours ago, paddyirishman said:

Hello @funkymunky.  I think you look very good at this moment in time.

You have gone conservative on your hairline area which really suits you. 

Your crown looks good, you used 2000 grafts. 

So that' leaves the mid scalp where nothing has been done. Your pattern shows that you will lose that.

You have done 2 FUT HTs already , so it's likely your looking at FUE next.  You have a great wave in your hair which will help coverage. 

If you use more precious grafts from your scalp now on your crown  and when you lose the middle you will regret it. I think you should concentrate on the mid scalp , and maybe improving the hairline a little bit next , and forget the crown for now.

You have used 2000 grafts into the crown already what would make a big difference to it would be to implant 1500 beard grafts to it. 

The above approach would cover all angles and give you an excellent improvement and you would be set for life.

.....Paddy...

Hi Paddy

Thanks for the reply. So you think look for fue from the beard to fill out the crown? I haven’t looked into this really but will do.

yes I went very conservative in the hairline as I wasn’t fussed about trying to have a thick low hairline just something more natural as I had nothing at the front really apart from some thin hairs.

i have a decent and long donor area at the back and the strip from the first second fut opened up the first so I just have 1 scar which looks good. I can wear my hair on a blade 4 guard no problem without showing the scar. Do you think a fue is inevitable? How many fut can you have?

The midsection is a persistent area that has remained strong but yes i assume it will eventually come out.

10 hours ago, hairlossPA said:

i wouldn’t touch the crown with the limited remaining grafts you have. i would tweak the hairline and beef up the frontal third of your head 

Thank you, sound advice. What is your opinion on the beard fut for the crown? I only have 1 scar over the 2 fut surgeries and great donor area and laxity? Do you not think a third fut would be feasible?

10 hours ago, Medina said:

I agree with hairlossPA 

Also toppik works wonders 

Thank you, I do use Toppik but want to get away from it really. I have nailed down the technique over two last few years thankfully but it’s an inconvenience that you rely on. Even if the crown was a bit thicker Than it is now I don’t mind being a bit ‘thin’ and not have to wear the Toppik.

you get very reliant on it and have to wear it. It’s good but a viscious circle 

This is a couple of shot of it under a very harsh light and brushed forward. When I style it normally and with a bit of topping it doesn’t look like this really. 

the ridge in the donor area is because it’s growing out after a barber went far to short on the back a couple of weeks ago. 

95614A69-BEE8-4968-8143-EF37E96C5C85.jpeg

1E64D85A-3D71-44F5-9B70-256782CBB266.jpeg

0C9DF61B-56F6-4D6E-AE0B-08659CF8C754.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Aftermath said:

I agree you look much better than pre op, who was your surgeon? Hairline shape looks like it could be Farjo, assuming you’re UK based? 

Hi

Thank you

Yes it was Farjo. The front January 2013 and the crown November 2018.

The question now is can I use beard to fill the crown a bit as Paddy suggested for density and use the better remaining donor hair for the mid and improve the hairline again.

what do you think?

2 minutes ago, funkymunky said:

Hi

Thank you

Yes it was Farjo. The front January 2013 and the crown November 2018.

The question now is can I use beard to fill the crown a bit as Paddy suggested for density and use the better remaining donor hair for the mid and improve the hairline again.

what do you think?

So you’ve had 2 transplants, was the first one around the 2000 mark as well? So 4000 total? How’s the laxity? My game plan would be to max out on strip, then FUE after and maybe leave body/beard hair until the end since it’s not going to look at natural and be a different texture 

Yes the first one was around 2100 and the second the same.

I am interested in strip again If I can for the quantity. The laxity is good, He said I have a loose scalp when stitching me up also.

how many strip procedures can you have generally?

1 minute ago, funkymunky said:

Yes the first one was around 2100 and the second the same.

I am interested in strip again If I can for the quantity. The laxity is good, He said I have a loose scalp when stitching me up also.

how many strip procedures can you have generally?

I’ve had 5. My first was by farjo, I think I maxed out around 11k!lol 

Just now, funkymunky said:

Wow that looks amazing, you must be pleased!

5 strips? How does the back of your head look? Was it all through one scar or multiple scars?

All through the one scar, it looks absolutely fine, I’ll try and take a pic and PM you as not to hijack your thread. I did do a comb through vid in my thread recently but it’s only through the top and not the donor. If you’re doing strip are you looking to farjo again? What were his thoughts on further procedures? 

1 minute ago, funkymunky said:

Ok that would be great thank you.

I've got an appointment next week for a consultation. Will keep you posted to see what he says 

Ok mate, I’ll try and see if I can get a pic of the donor area when I’m back in the house later today and PM

On 1/25/2020 at 4:41 AM, funkymunky said:

Ok great thanks 😊 

Your results look good. My crown looks like yours was pre op. I’m trying to plan for my crown. Any chance of posting a pic or two of your crown with concealer? As mentioned by other posters, you could thicken your crown more with beard hair. 

8 hours ago, E39 said:

Your results look good. My crown looks like yours was pre op. I’m trying to plan for my crown. Any chance of posting a pic or two of your crown with concealer? As mentioned by other posters, you could thicken your crown more with beard hair. 

Yes of course. I use toppik and have done for a few years. It’s definitely much better when the hair is not overly long. It is better sparsely put on ( don’t just load it on ) without any wax or anything and gently combed through followed by hairspray.

ill send a pic with toppik on 

Edited by funkymunky