Plz help

Hi guys,

Im new here ,im 35 yrs old and im considering to do H.T .

Im trying to stop my hairloss but it still goes on.

I need your honest opinion, because i use toppik and i feel ok with this and id like to know if you were in my place , if you would do H.T.

Tnx alot20200122_022755.jpg.a17d229a8f7f946443320774b127b8d9.jpgthis is with toppik

20200115_143945.thumb.jpg.38e3c6040eb0f1c1eea35eb09d0061ad.jpgthis is without toppik20200115_143831.thumb.jpg.cd48cd560ac71c8a6581cb470c1ef179.jpgthis is without toppik

20200119_184726.jpg

20200120_105548.jpg

Edited by Ndav

11 minutes ago, paddyirishman said:

In my opinion you still have a lot of hair and a HT at this point in time would not be a good idea.

You should take something that your body can tolerate to help retain what you have which is what your priority is at this moment in time.

All the best 

Paddy

Tnx buddy,

But i want to fill up my templates, is it dangerous?

Do u think that i should wait my hair will fall?

Unfortunately these are not very good pictures.  But let's work with what we have.  35? OK.

You seem very well receded.  Could you work on temporal areas? Sure.  Dangerous? No.  Why would it be?

It would be nice if you could provide photos of your entire head including the top and back.  Understanding your pattern classification is important as it will guide the doctor as to how to proceed.  Not only do we want to be age appropriate, we want to be pattern appropriate.

You seem to be losing hair throughout your entire front.  The contrast between the color of the hair and the skin does not help either.  Post better photos to confirm.

If it bothers you and you have the financial means to do so, get to it.  But do keep in mind, if you've shown the propensity to lose, you will continue losing.  So, you work the corners and continue receding.  Now you're left with two horns worth of hair.  I would encourage you to speak with a doctor about medical therapy.  (Propecia, Rogaine, Laser and PRP).  We typically discussed these when dealing with this condition.  They all work in different ways and are thus synergistic.  

11 minutes ago, LaserCap said:

Unfortunately these are not very good pictures.  But let's work with what we have.  35? OK.

You seem very well receded.  Could you work on temporal areas? Sure.  Dangerous? No.  Why would it be?

It would be nice if you could provide photos of your entire head including the top and back.  Understanding your pattern classification is important as it will guide the doctor as to how to proceed.  Not only do we want to be age appropriate, we want to be pattern appropriate.

You seem to be losing hair throughout your entire front.  The contrast between the color of the hair and the skin does not help either.  Post better photos to confirm.

If it bothers you and you have the financial means to do so, get to it.  But do keep in mind, if you've shown the propensity to lose, you will continue losing.  So, you work the corners and continue receding.  Now you're left with two horns worth of hair.  I would encourage you to speak with a doctor about medical therapy.  (Propecia, Rogaine, Laser and PRP).  We typically discussed these when dealing with this condition.  They all work in different ways and are thus synergistic.  

Tnx,

Ive added photos.

I agree with you that im  still losing my hair.

Im using eogaine, i dont want to try propecia.

My goal is to look like the pic with toppik is it realistic?

And my second q is : because im still getting bald shell i wait with H.T

• Administrators

You still have a lot of hair. Your hair will never look as good as it does with Toppik, with hair transplants alone. Are you okay with this? If not, my advice would be to not go for a hair transplant. 

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Your destiny looks to be a class 6 if you do nothing about it.  I am guessing you have family history of hair loss and he/they have very advanced patterns. That being said, I would be one to add laser and PRP to the mix.  This combination of modalities can help reverse the miniaturization of the native hair you seem to be experiencing.  Continue Rogaine and give this 6-12 months.  

Second thing I suggest you do is start looking at people and the way they lose hair.  Particularly those similar to a class 6.  Eventually, whatever you decide, you do want to look pattern appropriate.

Lastly, you do need hair for Toppik to work best.  The fibers need something to adhere to.  

For now, give medical therapy a chance and wait.  But decide soon.  Hair that's lost is hair that's not returning.

Oh, why not SMP?  It will help lessen the contrast, you'll look fuller and may not need to use Toppik at all.  Do some research.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

You still have a lot of hair. Your hair will never look as good as it does with Toppik, with hair transplants alone. Are you okay with this? If not, my advice would be to not go for a hair transplant. 

Tnx for your answers.

Im using rogaine fo 12 years ,but in last year not so much.

I do use indulekha oil.

So i just want to be sure that i got yoi.

You think to do H.T just in templates and to try lowwr my forgead will be bad idea?

Edited by Ndav

3 hours ago, Ndav said:

Tnx for your answers.

Im using rogaine fo 12 years ,but in last year not so much.

I do use indulekha oil.

So i just want to be sure that i got yoi.

You think to do H.T just in templates and to try lowwr my forgead will be bad idea?

considering you will lose hair in the future, I suggest to increase density and not lower your hairline

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Ndav said:

Tnx buddy,

But i want to fill up my templates, is it dangerous?

Do u think that i should wait my hair will fall?

You should wait before deciding on a HT.  You still have a lot of hair. The issue is you have started to lose hair now, and you will continue to lose further, so you fill in the areas with a HT that you lost now what happens when you lose more hair ? You end up chasing and chasing your hair.  If you have a lot of hair now, you have a lot of hair to lose.  

So the best plan is to try and hold onto what you have, when its gone you can never get it back. When you recede and lose a lot more thats the time to have your pattern assessed by a qualified surgeon and get as many opinions as possible. Then your doner can be assessed and it's potential for coverage to what you lost and what you will continue to lose. All of that is for the future , not now. 

When their is a time to look further into a HT , research, research, research.

All the best.

Paddy

Seeing as you don't want to take propecia and things don't bother you too much I probably wouldn't bother at this stage.  Wait until you have lost more hair at the front as it is this area that should be taken as priority.

You can also just put some money away for it in the future and go to a really good surgeon.

• Like 1

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Tnx so much guys,

Ive dcedided to abandon H.T for now ant trying to save my hair with derma pen rogaine vitamins etc.

Ill keep using toppik as i understood from your answers my front line will never look like when i was 20 yrs old with any H.T

Tnx alot

15 hours ago, Ndav said:

• Like 1